I want someone to tear apart this website... (1 Viewer)

Scorch

HSC
So it could be said that Cain probably would refer to his mum and dad as 'anyone who finds me', rather he'd say something like 'if my parents find me', because they are the only people the bible has mentioned so far. Some say that this implies there are other people in the world at the time not from this family... just one argument I've heard.
So basically the Bible contradicts itself. Hardly a startling revelation. :)

chamelia

HSC
i'm personally starting to move more towards agnostic than christian, you bosers will never move me further....my question is, is agnostacism a cult snowfox
That's just weak. Atheist or broke.

You're somewhat intelligent. You have doubts. Now do your own research and be 'enlightened'.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
pman, come to the darkside, we have cookies!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
KFunk Agnostic Vs Scorch Atheist

That would be so awesome. No offence to Scorch or anything, but I reckon KFunk would win.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
How would someone that doesn't believe in a specific god win against someone who doesn't believe in a god?

pman

Banned
HSC
because there is lots of evidence for somehting creating us, the entire premiss of my christianity, this chamelia is why i'd never be atheist

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
because there is lots of evidence for somehting creating us, the entire premiss of my christianity, this chamelia is why i'd never be atheist
I thought this thread, the premise of most atheist arguments and of evidence-based insight into the world and universe was about the fact that there isn't 'lots of evidence for somehting creating us'? Or do you know something I don't?

pman

Banned
HSC
I thought this thread, the premise of most atheist arguments and of evidence-based insight into the world and universe was about the fact that there isn't 'lots of evidence for somehting creating us'? Or do you know something I don't?
there is alot of evidence that has already been detailed on this site, the odds of proteins forming, the odds that all the physical constants would fall in the range where planets form, all of these at insanely low so something must have influenced them

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
the odds that all the physical constants would fall in the range where planets form, all of these at insanely low so something must have influenced them
I know this has been said before, but the odds of all the physical constants falling in such a convenient and beautiful range while extremely improbable is only evidence of the extreme improbability of our existence. There is no logical step from this fact to deduce that it is the result of divine action, and yet you seem to believe that your decision is based on deductive reasoning?

pman

Banned
HSC
I know this has been said before, but the odds of all the physical constants falling in such a convenient and beautiful range while extremely improbable is only evidence of the extreme improbability of our existence. There is no logical step from this fact to deduce that it is the result of divine action, and yet you seem to believe that your decision is based on deductive reasoning?
I'm not saying its logical, i'm saying its an argument that has been used to promote it.....i'm gone aren't i...really look like ending up atheist with the month

Scorch

HSC
There isn't really.

I'm not saying its logical, i'm saying its an argument that has been used to promote it.....i'm gone aren't i...really look like ending up atheist with the month
Yeah we went over this before if I recall. :)

Don't think that being an atheist is a bad thing. As I've shown, it doesn't make you less moral, and it's not at all closed-minded to not believe in things for which there is no evidence; it's rational. :) Being open-minded doesn't mean accepting things unconditionally.

chamelia

HSC
Which then infers, that your only argument (which is not really any evidence for the existence of a supernatural being, btw) against atheism is illogical. You just admitted the basis of your beliefs is not logical.

You are so on a one way train to NoGodsville.

pman

Banned
HSC
Which then infers, that your only argument (which is not really any evidence for the existence of a supernatural being, btw) against atheism is illogical. You just admitted the basis of your beliefs is not logical.

You are so on a one way train to NoGodsville.
after i meet up with the pastor this friday,I'll know for sure....I still want to be christian and i'm still going to go to church (i'm trying to create commitments to keep me there) but only so i can keep in contact with a mate i've known since i was three. I do realise that there is no logic behind any religion now and definitely wont try and argue that there is, I suppose thats why its called faith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)