If a tutorial is "full", could this change in the future? (1 Viewer)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I found a tutorial that would be more appropriate for my timetable, but it's currently full. Is there any chance that students will change their timetables, and any spots in that particular tutorial will free up?

Also, if a tutorial has 24 availabilities, how many places need to be filled to stop the tutorial from (possibly) being canceled?

Last edited:

Iruka

HSC
N/A
It is quite possible. You just have to keep checking.

Lydia_88

HSC
You will find in the first week of uni that some people drop out of the course or change tutorials, this is an opportunity to change tutorials. in the meantime, keep an eye out on the handbook to see any time openings! the majority of classes stop enrollment after the first week of teaching

jassono

HSC
Yeah just check. Although constantly checking would be tiresome. But it happens, I swapped from a full tute

LordPc

HSC
check all the time. in first sem i checked several times a day waiting for someone to drop out of a full tute so i could sneak in.

it was either that or finish at 9pm every thursday

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
If checking doesn't work, you can always call up the university department and give them a valid enough reason for you to get into your desired tutorial (like work, family problems and etc)

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
i believe i was enrolled in the Red Centre for a MATH1131 tutorial back in first year until they moved me to the Electrical Engineering building.
what.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i do that too!!!
Hehehe, i hope you are finally happy with your time table :)

@ Ethanescence - You better hope you can change before the census or you have to pay or something.. or is that only when you change actual courses after the census date? :/

jassono

HSC
The most amazing thing happened to my econ1101 class. Every tutorial was given one extra place :) the classes got bigger. Hopefully thats the same with yours

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice everyone. :)

I kept checking the tutorials a couple of times a day, and I eventually found another tutorial that allowed me to avoid a two hour break - much better than the tutorial I was trying to get into in the first place.

So now I'm pretty happy with my timetable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)