If prohibited into MX2, what actions could I take? (1 Viewer)

scora

HSC
the school certificate is a whole other ball game in comparison to ex2 maths, if you think ext1's hard, ext2 will be a lot more. i wouldn't advise doing it, itll just be a waste of time.

getting to the point, the school can't actually stop you from doing 4unit maths, they can only advise you not do (because its in your best interest). If you really wanted the procedure would probably be to contact the board of studies, im pretty sure they cant stop you.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
scora said:
getting to the point, the school can't actually stop you from doing 4unit maths, they can only advise you not do (because its in your best interest). If you really wanted the procedure would probably be to contact the board of studies, im pretty sure they cant stop you.
They can't? o_O At my school they limit 24 people to doing 4-unit maths altogether... although my school's ranking is pretty down there.

bawd

HSC
tommykins said:
Getting 40-50% in MX2 exams is pretty easy, passing the 60-70% mark is the problem.

MX2 isn't that harder from 3unit work, it's jsut that you need to develop a critical way of thinking mathematically and this will get you through.

They technically can't restrict you from doing a subject, but keep persisting - they'll crack.
Thanks. :)

bawd

HSC
lyounamu said:
Just let it go, if you are not prepared to work hard.
You wish. I'm prepared to utilise every minute available.

I've been slacking off because it's the end of Year 11, and there is this kind of 'Doesn't matter, these exams doesn't count' aura going on in our school. I will not do this for the HSC. No fucking way, mate.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bawd said:
You wish. I'm prepared to utilise every minute available.

I've been slacking off because it's the end of Year 11, and there is this kind of 'Doesn't matter, these exams doesn't count' aura going on in our school. I will not do this for the HSC. No fucking way, mate.
There you go. I was just suggesting you another path if you weren't prepared to put effort in. If you are, go for it. If you are not, just drop out. Nothing can get simpler than that.

blomo

HSC
How was the exam? Are you looking at 80%

When you get your result, write a letter, outlining everything you have said here and ANYTHING else you can think of that will support your case. Put some effort into the letter as well. Hand a copy of the letter to your deputy, and perhaps the head of maths at your school. Try and get your parents involved, this always helps.

There is always going to be this problem of people not getting into their desired extension course, the only thing you need to worry about is making sure that this doesn't happen to you.

I'm constantly writing letters to my school, it's great. It shows them that you are taking the situation 100% seriously. And it is so much more effective than a conversation.

bawd

HSC
blomo said:
How was the exam? Are you looking at 80%

When you get your result, write a letter, outlining everything you have said here and ANYTHING else you can think of that will support your case. Put some effort into the letter as well. Hand a copy of the letter to your deputy, and perhaps the head of maths at your school. Try and get your parents involved, this always helps.

There is always going to be this problem of people not getting into their desired extension course, the only thing you need to worry about is making sure that this doesn't happen to you.

I'm constantly writing letters to my school, it's great. It shows them that you are taking the situation 100% seriously. And it is so much more effective than a conversation.
Thank you. My friends have told me they can't actually forbid me from the course, nonetheless, would it be better if I hand the letter to the Mathematics head teacher, the principal/deputy or both?

blomo

HSC
bawd said:
Thank you. My friends have told me they can't actually forbid me from the course, nonetheless, would it be better if I hand the letter to the Mathematics head teacher, the principal/deputy or both?
I would hand the letter to everyone you can. Then everyone knows about it. Maybe you have a teacher designated to organise timetables at your school. I wouldn't know, as I obviously don't go to your school.

As for them forbidding you from the course, I don't know what is true, people are always saying different things.

Now, for a question from me, why do you want to do MX2 so badly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)