• No, never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I wouldn't buy slaves just to free them. That's still a contribution towards the slave trade.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Slavery is still legal, it's called justified coercion

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
For slavery to exist, a zeitgeist of un-enlightened superiority would have to exist, wouldn't it?

A class based, or race based system (such as the African slave trade)...

If we had slaves at all, it would probably be seen as reasonably socially acceptable to have them...

Get off your high horses, If you lived in an era with Slavery and could afford it, you would likely buy them.

But seeing as we're talking in a purely hypothetical sense, I probably would. But I like to imagine that I would treat them in the same way that say, my Grandfather treated his Black workers during Apartheid in South Africa... with respect as people.

Purchasing a Slave and releasing them would be pointless... how likely would it be they would get a job and be able to support themselves. Give them the equivalent of a servants job. Give them the ability to get their children out of Slavery by sending them to school and educating them.

Like I said, I would like to imagine myself doing that, but seeing as we have the power of Hindsight and a zeitgeist that is anti-racism and Slavery, I'm not sure WHAT I would do...

Flissty

Hicksville, between a mountain and a paddock full
HSC
I would be in the situation where the slaves would pay me to oppress and dominate them.

But seriously, yes I would (if it was legal and in-era as Teclis pointed out).
Female for domestic duties.
If I was enslaved, I would raise anarchy and liberate the... Fuck it I'd probably be depressed and just make do.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
OmG!!!1
sLAvERy 15 StiLL leGaL pPL!!!1
ItS CallEd woRKinG WAgeS!!1
We hAve TO RisE uP, My FeLLow PrOLeS!!1
ShaKE Off ThE ChAINs oF Our EnSLAveMenT anD RecLaiM WhAT iS rIghtFULLy OurS!!1
RecLaiM oUr FreeDOM!!!1

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yeah it seems like a great idea at first, until you realise they are actual people being treated like commodities.

My morals most likely wouldn't let me own a slave....maybe if i treated them really well i could justify it as " saving them from an owner who treats them shit" but even then its ify.

What would i do if i was a slave? build up trust over a few years, then steal a weapon and kill my masters and any other slave owners i could find. Slaves only existed because people let themselves be slaves. Freedom or death. If enough people thought that way, you would have to be crazy to own a slave and risk having your throat slit in your sleep, and thus slavery would slowly disappear.

Sometimes i kind of think the same way about rape. If enough women just instinctually fought as if they were going to be killed [and lets face it, when it comes to stranger rape you have a good chance of being murdered after] then why would a rapist risk it? there would probably be less rape.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Would you buy slaves?

if no, what would you view of those that did be?
No I wouldn't buy slaves. I'd do things myself.

UNLESS I'm old, suffer from intense back paina cannot care for myself properly and don't have kids who will care for me. Then I would buy one, and treat them nicely. They can then inherit all my stuff after my death, and be free.

What would you do if you were enslaved?
Lol. I've actually been "enslaved" for comical/fun purposes at Year 11 camp once. It was weird. I could only hope that they wouldn't get me to do something I would hate to do lol. One of my friends got me a free manicure, and another told me to paint a rock. xD

But to properly answer your question, I would say that I would somehow escape if my master household sucked.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Would you buy slaves?

if no, what would you view of those that did be?

If yes, what criteria would you hhve for buying a slave of either gender?

Why?

What would you do if you were enslaved?
girl: good looking,good cleaner, good cook etc.

no guys plz.

:p

besides, they wouldn't be slaves,
ill give them personal freedoms etc.
just like a servant really .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)