If you could carry a concealed weapon would you? (1 Viewer)

If you could carry a concealed weapon would you?

• Yes

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 45 54.9%

• Total voters

fatboi

HSC
N/A
a nation where i can't buy a MAC10 with a silencer and mow some lads down in a lil drive by

is a nation

i don't wanna live in

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Pretty much this and therein lies the issue with gun control in the United States. It's irresponsible to be so stringent about removing guns off the streets because non-compliance would be rampant among criminals (naturally). The Second Amendment of the Constitution states that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," and of course therein lies the problem. The US has been fucked from the start.
lol from the perspective of the British Empire the founding fathers of the US were a bunch traitors.

firearms and US culture are so intertwined that you can't really have one without the other

fatboi

HSC
N/A
lol from the perspective of the British Empire the founding fathers of the US were a bunch traitors.

firearms and US culture are so intertwined that you can't really have one without the other
2 b fair it was written in because the context was different to now-a-days...much like the white australia policy...and all the other historical legislation which defs was good to have!!!!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
no

i dont go out thinking 'hey i might kill someone today, better take my knife just in case someone needs to get SHANKED' and i live in C-Town
Why do you and others have this false idea that if you are carrying a weapon, you need to use it?
Ive got knives. Ive got a sword. Fuck I have a hunting bow that has a better effective range then most 9mm pistols, but I dont go out thinking "Shit, I live in campbelltown, better go take my hunting gear and hunt some bitches."

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
The issue here is that you have to assume that if other people, are too, carrying a weapon. If you knew that everyone else had a weapon on them, be it knife, gun, anthrax, woteva, you'd want to protect yourself too. You'd be stupid not to.

But here's the crazy part

what if

what if no one had a weapon huh
and how do you suppose that the illegal firearms trade is stopped so that literally no one can access a gun?
what about knives? what about scissors? lol fuck this post is so naive.

Pro gun freaks aren't the ones who commit gun crime

they almost certainly commit less crime on average
yep. i think a lot of pro-gun-freakness comes from simply believing in the right to be able to protect yourself/your home.

i think its funny how the celebrities campaigning for gun control all have armed bodyguards

same with obama who wants more restrictive gun control but signed a bill giving him secret service protection for life.
there is a picture of him walking around with like >20 body guards who are all armed lol. I'm pretty sure they would shoot to kill if someone looked remotely suss.

I'd rather get raped than shot.

Also, enjoy living in your fairy land where everyone is capable of aforethought and reason, where no one makes mistakes and everyone is really well adjusted.

Until you can realize your own mortal flaws, you know, anger, malice, volatility and unpredictability. Well I definitely wouldn't want you to have a gun if you thought you were really capable of using or not using it correctly.
i would rather be murdered than raped and have to live with that.

so in our "fairy land", regular people can be trained to use firearms and legally carry a concealed weapon but that is retarded

however in this ~perfect world~ it is illegal for average citizens to be able to defend and protect themselves however there is a huge black market for weapons readily accessible to those who are more likely to commit crimes??? (???)

are you kidding me?

Knives are very different to guns, you have to get in someone's face and stab them with a knife.

Guns you can shoot from far away and you never even have to have physical contact with your victim and all you have to do is pull a little trigger, it's all very detached and that's what makes it worse, you don't have the real human emotions that you are killing someone, you just feel like you're firing bullets.
lol ok if you're a sociopath. I'm pretty sure a normal person would have qualms with shooting someone. even if it was in self defence.

are you speaking from experience here shooting/stabbing someone or is this just from info you have gathered from tumblr posts about soldiers in the middle east and playing video games?

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
a nation where i can't buy a MAC10 with a silencer and mow some lads down in a lil drive by

is a nation

i don't wanna live in
you do not understand.

This is based on the premise that owning a gun=crazy psychopath murderer

i'm going to go out on a whim here and say sane people don't really have the urge to just go drive by shooting and probably wouldn't if they had a gun registered to them
if you're going to go drive by shooting it would be with an unregistered/stolen/illegally acquired gun

you guys know that by "legalising guns" we're not saying the government should be like "oh ok here you go. buy a gun at woolworths and off you trot. (p.s. they're cheaper at Aldi)"

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

That's the point.

Any attempt for gun control isn't going to do shit.

teabag

do it
HSC
and how do you suppose that the illegal firearms trade is stopped so that literally no one can access a gun?
what about knives? what about scissors? lol fuck this post is so naive.
we can't all be dan nolan

carry some scissors if it makes you feel safer

fatboi

HSC
N/A
you do not understand.

This is based on the premise that owning a gun=crazy psychopath murderer

i'm going to go out on a whim here and say sane people don't really have the urge to just go drive by shooting and probably wouldn't if they had a gun registered to them
if you're going to go drive by shooting it would be with an unregistered/stolen/illegally acquired gun

you guys know that by "legalising guns" we're not saying the government should be like "oh ok here you go. buy a gun at woolworths and off you trot. (p.s. they're cheaper at Aldi)"
no you don't understand guuurl

if some gringos been givin me the ol two-8 they be bringing this on themselves gurl, si?

you gotta to do what you gotta do gringooooo

get rich or die tryin' you know what i'm saying gurl?

thug 4 lyf

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Why do you and others have this false idea that if you are carrying a weapon, you need to use it?
Ive got knives. Ive got a sword. Fuck I have a hunting bow that has a better effective range then most 9mm pistols, but I dont go out thinking "Shit, I live in campbelltown, better go take my hunting gear and hunt some bitches."
How often are you carrying around your swords and hunting bows in the street?

If you're going to kill someone with those weapons you obviously have gone to a bit of trouble. Murder with aforethought.

A knife in your back pocket however...

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Carried the sword home from sydney, my bow is in a locked zipbag.
Inb4illegal: its not illegal to own a knife, bow or sword. They are not restricted weapons. Its the intent of their use that determines whether you get fucked by a law.

Now for the knife.
Intentionally put in bag? Maybe twice.
Completely forgetting about it and finding it in there whilst getting out tools? Too many times.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
2 b fair it was written in because the context was different to now-a-days...much like the white australia policy...and all the other historical legislation which defs was good to have!!!!
except it is still relevant, listen to motherfucking Ice T when he mentions the constitution:

lol ok if you're a sociopath.
remember who you're speaking to
we can't all be dan nolan

carry some scissors if it makes you feel safer
lol dolan is probably the last cunt that should have a gun

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
if people were really concerned about protecting themselves from aggressors they would vote for legislation that locks up the poors and ethnics

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
if people were really concerned about protecting themselves from aggressors they would vote for legislation that locks up the poors and ethnics
Mate..........................how are they the problem? There will always be minorities in society and those in poverty, singling them out will not solve gun problems...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)