• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If you could do one thing to improve the world, whatd it be? (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
get rid of dumbas politicians and minority groups

and build our fucked up infrastructure so we can support oursleves for longer terms than till the next election

Generator

HSC
N/A
Korn said:
Right issue, wrong solution, what we need is shitloads more dams so we can collect more water
Korn, how can we be certain that we will be able to collect more water when we are living within a naturally dry and high erratic climatic environment? The idea should be to cut consumption and recycle what has been used, not destroy already near-dead rivers so that we can be lulled into a sense of false security.

Edit: One thing to improve the world would be to apply four strokes of the cane to all in Australia who use the word ass rather than arse when not discussing a donkey.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Generator said:
Korn, how can we be certain that we will be able to collect more water when we are living within a naturally dry and high erratic climatic environment? The idea should be to cut consumption and recycle what has been used, not destroy already near-dead rivers so that we can be lulled into a sense of false security.

Edit: One thing to improve the world would be to apply four strokes of the cane to all in Australia who use the word ass rather than arse when not discussing a donkey.
lucky 4 me i sed "dumbas" :)

i still reckon a bit of both would be good, anutha dam, i reckon we will need one in the next 2 decades at the latest

n recycling is important too, its gonna be needed, every1 who can should have basic stuff like rainwater tanks...simple, but effective usually (how often it rains over my house n not in the fuckin dam, i lost count) so yeh...i dunno, im not being paid 2 share ideas and improve them

Generator

HSC
N/A
braad said:
i still reckon a bit of both would be good, anutha dam, i reckon we will need one in the next 2 decades at the latest
Why? Would the dam make a difference in terms of supply and consumption? Where would it be located? Would it be constructed for the benefit of us in Sydney at the expense of those in the dam's locality and the river system itself? Given that that is likley to be the case, is that socially/environmentally acceptable? In addition to those costs/considerations, would it be a responsible option in a fiscal sense?

At the moment there is a global shift away from the construction of large dams (in many cases they are being removed) towards other means of water supply and regulation (including smaller dams). There is no need for another dam when we are more than capable of cutting consumption and making use of recycling systems and other such 'innovative' practices (e.g., widespread use of raintanks, as you suggested). Calls for constructing another dam appear to be nothing more than knee-jerk reactions based within the paradigm that water is a limitless resource that we can control and must not waste... It's time that we moved beyond such a frame of mind.

Last edited:

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
invent virtual reality as an applied practical form of technology...it'd revolutionalise the world plus it'd make microsoft go bankrupt, yeh!

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Korn said:
U are an idiot, if everyone who wasnt smart was killed that would be like committing suicide, there needs to be smart and dumb people in society for it to function correctly
Actually you're the idiot. If all the idiots were killed, that would leave us with all the smarter people to create replacements for all the dead idiots and our world would be a million times more efficient, progress would advance much faster.

Personaly however, I would get all those religious people together, dump them in a big crater and piss on them from above. Then I'd simply burry them alive. Who's your god now bitches.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Megapode said:
Abolish HECS or half scholarships (you still need to pay half of the Billion dollars)

I do not have rich parents.
Then they'd end up paying more through tax anyway. And why don't you pay your own HECS off?s

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
1) Jail bush for war crimes (and the whole current american REPUBLICAN goverment)
2) Free all child slaves
3) Eliminate poverty, debt and other inequality
4) Destroy ALL harmful weapons on the earth (nuclear missiles, biological arms etc)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
=o .....hmmmmm....
thao sounz viet

med sci at usyd huh?
i know even tho theres 1000 ppl doin it,
but u might know a Jiboom = )

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
HellVeN said:
Actually you're the idiot. If all the idiots were killed, that would leave us with all the smarter people to create replacements for all the dead idiots and our world would be a million times more efficient, progress would advance much faster.

Personaly however, I would get all those religious people together, dump them in a big crater and piss on them from above. Then I'd simply burry them alive. Who's your god now bitches.
Huh, no, why would a smart person want to do menial labour, they would think its below them wouldnt they

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i would get rid of drugs and alcohol
including tabacco
no cigarettes for people to smoke
no alcohol for people to drink
and no marajuana or any sort of drug for people to smoke
and i would clear peoples minds of it so they dont even know it existed
the world would be a better place
think about it..crime would cut down so much
ppl steal to get money for drugs n alcohol
people r prostitutes to pay for drugs n alcohol..
in most cases neways..n they all stink..so get rid of them all
ive always wanted to do it..but never had the power to do so

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
i would get rid of drugs and alcohol
including tabacco
no cigarettes for people to smoke
no alcohol for people to drink
and no marajuana or any sort of drug for people to smoke
and i would clear peoples minds of it so they dont even know it existed
think about it..crime would cut down so much
ppl steal to get money for drugs n alcohol
people r prostitutes to pay for drugs n alcohol..
in most cases neways..n they all stink..so get rid of them all
ive always wanted to do it..but never had the power to do so
Why not just get rid of those ppl not alcohol an tobacco

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
the ppl dont cause the problem..the substances do
If that were true wouldnt everyone who uses those substances be a screwup, it is the ppl's problem

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I would destroy those jamster mobile club advertisements along with conics in math. The world would be a better place... oh and I might institute world peace or something.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Korn said:
If that were true wouldnt everyone who uses those substances be a screwup, it is the ppl's problem
no i dont wnat anyone to even have the decision
alcohol n drugs fucks up society
causes crime..and prostitution..makes people do stupid things..like fight..slut around..etc
causes car accidents..causes alot of shit
that i want to diminish..

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
its not dat simple...most of these substances actually benefit the world in some areas...such as medicine. Its only that ppl misuse these substances and it gets out of hand, causing the damage to society as they do now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)