If you had a choice between Ext2 English and Extension Science purely based on scaling, which is a wiser choice?? (1 Viewer)

9995jhp

HSC
I've already done 3 units for accelerated and I need to choose courses to keep for next year + take on. I'm definitely not doing ext2 maths and currently I've got 8 units. But none of them are extensions so I'm worried about scaling which brings me to this question: if you had to choose between English ext2 and science extension, which is a "better choice" when considering the difficulty in relation to how well it's scaled??

PLEASE HELP (literally got 4 days to finalise :((

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
Scaling will only get you so far.

It depends on what you prefer honestly. Both courses are centered around a major work to which your assessments are linked to. So what may influence your decision is if you already have any ideas for your major work for either subject? Do note that I don't take either extension 2 english or science extension, so I can't give a proper judgement of what the cours offers etc

In terms of scaling, you could have a look at the scaling reports to get a judgement on that sorta thing. You could also look on the website which shows how many people + percentage of people who get a mark in each of the bands, that might influence your decision

carrotsss

HSC
You shouldn’t be worried about scaling, there are plenty of people who even get 99.95s without any extension subjects, it’s just a matter of how well you do in your subjects.

hornsbystudylad

HSC
N/A
4u eng scales better (2021 HSC scaling data) (also percentage means your percentile rank in the state for that subject)
1668975700185.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)