If You're a Christian, Muslim or Jew - You are Wrong (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i have no idea what u are talking.

but you said before that people will be rewarded with a palace, which obviously existed on earth. so i dont see how thats not a worldly attribute.
they are not ordinary palaces, they are made of stuff like gold and silver. this may still seem worldly, but if you want to put it in that context, then non alcoholic wine and transparent silver are also in a way worldly. you wont find cups made from transparent silver in this world (not glass, transparent silver), similarly i dont think there are any palaces which would be able to match the palaces in heaven.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
they are not ordinary palaces, they are made of stuff like gold and silver. this may still seem worldly, but if you want to put it in that context, then non alcoholic wine and transparent silver are also in a way worldly. you wont find cups made from transparent silver in this world (not glass, transparent silver), .
thats the thing, you dont realise, everything that humans yearned for in thier lives [ie palaces, gold, silver), will be given to them at this "heaven". It seems like a perfect example of marketing by mohammad.

similarly i dont think there are any palaces which would be able to match the palaces in heaven
you cant match them either, because i dont think that mahammad provided you with a room to room description for you to safely say how big, or what they are made out of. thats what you religios people do, you add more detail to stuff you try to describe which the prophit never mentions, and then you claim the quran is not tempered with.

oh and i also read that mohammad made the jews pay a wage to him, so they can continue practice their religion. i think this prophet is making a good profit, not just preaching his stuff.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
then you claim the quran is not tempered with.
this is a picture of a quran which has been preserved over the centuries. no doubt the texts are the same http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/noble_quran_mss1.jpg

SashatheMan said:
oh and i also read that mohammad made the jews pay a wage to him, so they can continue practice their religion. i think this prophet is making a good profit, not just preaching his stuff.
yes, he did. it is called a jizya, and it was a tax which they paid in return for protection. they also didnt have to fight after they paid the tax.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
god shouds have waited until this century to bring the quran to the people. He could have stored it all on a CD, much less room. or god should have made humans invent CDs when Muhammad was around. After all he is perfect, he can atleast create a book that ergonomic enough to read.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
this is a picture of a quran which has been preserved over the centuries. no doubt the texts are the same http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/noble_quran_mss1.jpg

yes but yuor and many others are not tempering with the quran , your tempering with the messgae it holds. You are embellish it and adding stuff it never speaks of just to make it sound more convincing.
yes, he did. it is called a jizya, and it was a tax which they paid in return for protection. they also didnt have to fight after they paid the tax.
[/QUOTE]

why couldnt he protect them without money. it seems that if he was a true prophet and wanted to help people, he didnt have to disadvantage them and make them pay money.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
yes but yuor and many others are not tempering with the quran , your tempering with the messgae it holds. You are embellish it and adding stuff it never speaks of just to make it sound more convincing.
why couldnt he protect them without money. it seems that if he was a true prophet and wanted to help people, he didnt have to disadvantage them and make them pay money.[/QUOTE]

sasha, i think you are forgetting that they were constantly conspiring with the meccans to end islam, and later on he exiled some jews from medinah for being part of the conspiracy.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ok people i would like some of these questions answered by all the theists around here. anyone who believes that the earth is actually "young" and is only around 6000 years old.

answer me this:

- how do you explain the early human fossils, the fossils that are clearly distict from any ape and any modern human. how do you also explain that they are found in a fossil form and many layers underground that would take way longer then 6000 years to appear there.

- also , how do you explain fossils of dinasaurs and other prehistoric animals are found even deeper underground and clearly didnt exist only 6000 years ago.

- also radioactive decay is used to measure the age of rocks, thats how we know the earth is around 4.5 billion years old. I heard the argument that the tempreture of the earth was different back then and speeded up the redioactive decay , hence why the measurement today is wrong. i dont tihnk temp of earth was any diffent 6000 years ago then today, if anything it was colder not hotter.
i also heard that satan was manipulating the age of rocks , another relidculous idea. and that all the geologists around the world are lying about the age of rocks and its a big conspirasy.

now tell me your view on these and explain to me how yuo still justify the earth to be 6000 years old.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
sasha, did i say that it is 6000 years old? i dont think i did, so i am wondering who told you. i would never say that it is 6000 years old, nor would i say that dinosaurs didnt exist as anything except bones.
i was talking more about christians who belive in creationism and that earth is only 6000 years yyoung.

but since you belive the earth is yuong again, explain the questions i put farword

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
i dont believe the earth is young! i do believe however that some prophets were alive for 1000 years, and it would only seem natural that if they survived that long for others to have also survived that long.

based on that, you wouldnt expect to see the same skeletal structure in them compared to us.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
couldnt it possibly have just come down to a difference in dating systems?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
i dont believe the earth is young! i do believe however that some prophets were alive for 1000 years, and it would only seem natural that if they survived that long for others to have also survived that long.

based on that, you wouldnt expect to see the same skeletal structure in them compared to us.
wow thats some new BS i am hearing.

anyway theres hundreds of fossils , some dating 2-3 million years old.

where does it say a prophet survived for 1000 years. seriouly man please please just use some common sence, its just insane to make a claim like that . why are people not living 1000 years these days, how can a person survive 1000 years and not age especially iwthout medication. also the development of the bones proves approximatly the age of these fossils. eg undeveloped teeth means its a child and died young etc . your claim absolutly through out all the scientific research into a garbage bin. please dont make a fool of your self.

anyway i wanna hear some christians have their say on this.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The bible (old testament) does talk of people living well beyond 700-800 years. However this is the old testament, written in BC. I believe (but could be wrong) that there is an obvious dating system difference between what we and what they considered a year to be.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
On the issue of biblical dates, there are two prominent things that spring to mind that various people argue. Obviously, we will never know which one (if any) is true:

- Day-age theory
- Many christians take the creation story of genesis as a myth, a simplification story to expain an event with some sort of hidden truth - in this case that God created the world somehow

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ok people i bring you something to watch with is abit more fun then reading verses from the bible.

This is a video from the google video archieves, so its Legal to watch on this forum.

It talks about the bible: How absurd it is
ENjoy.

ps you need a good internet connection becuase the file is 30 minutes long

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3593866248238036452&q=a hepful hand

Last edited:

tfiuc

HSC
How about instead of trying to make crap up about the date system, and simply believe that they lived for 1000 years. It isn't impossible- just like there are people who have the disease which makes them age quicker than normal (by many multiples) it is possible that there were people who aged slower than others. And the fact is, new cells form and our organs repair; we don't just fade like clouds in the sky. No doubt science will solve the aging problem in the future (however, 'will it be ethical to use on humans' is another issue, and will probably restrict most countries from allowing usage of such technology).

Is the earth 6000 years old (actually, where did 6000 come from, it said 6 days in the holy books)? No way. And God didn't make it seem old to trick us or test our faith, god infact wants us, or at least has left the evidence for us to find the truth of our origins, and is expressed in this quote:
See they not how God originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for God. Say: "Travel through the earth and see how God did originate creation; so will God produce a later creation: for God has power over all things (29:19-20).

Say, "Look at all the signs in the heavens and the earth." All the proofs and all the warnings can never help people who decided to disbelieve (10:101).
It's a little difficult for us to find the truth if he crapped around with the evidence. So how can I explain creation in 6 days? Simple, 6 days may infact, very possibly mean "6 eras" (as "ywn" [the arabic word for day] was used multiple times in the quran to mean "long periods of time", a word for that is "eras"). The bible says 6 days with no reference to days as something else and that is where the huge debate comes from, since christians are pretty hard set on days meaning days.

And a side note, pay close attention to the second quote- as it also explains why this discussion, and all other "god vs no god" discussions will never be settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)