Illness + misadventure help (1 Viewer)

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
I have a medical certificate for paper 2. I feel I did well in it, but my internal rank is high, probably higher than external mark i will get (I am 13th in 4th ranked school)
Is it in my advantage to apply for illness for paper 2?
You cannot be awarded IM just on Paper 2. It is considered for the whole of English. You CANNOT lose with an IM appeal. If you bombout on the exam, you will get your asst. If you do well on the exam, you will keep it.

ANYONE who truly believes they were sick for an exam, and who has med evidence, should complete an IM appeal. You are a fool if you do not.

manic100

HSC
N/A
IM's are usually successful right.. With a doctor's certificate regarding a legitimate illness (e.g. viral illness), the IM should not be turned down, correct?
If it is declined, I am very screwed - and it does not seem fair, that I finished ranking 4th and end up with a bad examination mark if it is turned down.

2011_

HSC
What happens in the case of illness and misadventure?

How is my mark estimated? I managed to complete one essay out of the three required in English Paper 2 (advanced).

What will my mark consist of?

I still did English Paper 1 and they said that they would mark the work that I completed for English Paper 2.

Does anyone have personal experiences of estimations in the HSC?

Thanks to people who respond
Okay. I got misadventure 2010 and it works something like this:
- If you are deemed eligible for misadventure but in the exam get a mark = to or above your internal / assessment mark, you will receive your exam mark (moderated and what not as per normal)
- If you are deemed eligible, and get a lower result in the exam than what your assessment mark is, your assessment mark will be reported as your exam mark

(Please correct me if I am wrong)

Dylanamali

HSC
Okay. I got misadventure 2010 and it works something like this:
- If you are deemed eligible for misadventure but in the exam get a mark = to or above your internal / assessment mark, you will receive your exam mark (moderated and what not as per normal)
- If you are deemed eligible, and get a lower result in the exam than what your assessment mark is, your assessment mark will be reported as your exam mark

(Please correct me if I am wrong)
Thanks for the response =)
Does it say on your HSC that you received illness and misadventure?

breeee

HSC
So I was first in one of my classes, but i didn't attend the exam as i was sick ( I stayed home on advice from my school principal-it wasn't pretty). I have a doctors certificate from that day, so I know I will get a moderated mark but I'm not sure what happens if I came first in the class, I understand how it works for people in between but not for the people on either end.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
The student ranked second has their assessment mark set to be the same as the highest exam mark in your class. Then your assessment mark is slotted in with an appropriate gap above that student. The size of the gap depends on how far you were above that student. Since you were sick, that asst mark also becomes your exam mark.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You will need a separate certificate for something like a headache - which may or may not even be accepted. It isn't up to the supervisors by the way but the BOS itself - they will get the forms and make a decision. If the illness is usually one that goes over multiple days then one cerificate would be enough but headaches - no way.

breeee

HSC
The student ranked second has their assessment mark set to be the same as the highest exam mark in your class. Then your assessment mark is slotted in with an appropriate gap above that student. The size of the gap depends on how far you were above that student. Since you were sick, that asst mark also becomes your exam mark.
Oh thankyou :) so say if my asst mark was 89, and the one below me was 85, what kind of mark could I expect?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
so say if my asst mark was 89, and the one below me was 85, what kind of mark could I expect?
It will depend on the highest exam mark earned by the class. If that mark is "m", then your mark will be (11m + 400)/15

For example, if the highest exam mark is 92, your mark will (11x92 + 400)/15 = 94

breeee

HSC
It will depend on the highest exam mark earned by the class. If that mark is "m", then your mark will be (11m + 400)/15

For example, if the highest exam mark is 92, your mark will (11x92 + 400)/15 = 94
Ok so basically just got to hope my class did well ! Thankyou for your help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)