I'm going to Japan (2 Viewers)

Pink Oni

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Are you going with the school Pink Oni?
I sure am! :) 15 other students and 2 teachers. The thing is, we are all seperated because our hosts' high schools are different. We're all still in Nagoya though.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Pink Oni said:
I sure am! :) 15 other students and 2 teachers. The thing is, we are all seperated because our hosts' high schools are different. We're all still in Nagoya though.
I wonder if you're going with my teacher ...

monesh

HSC
Don't walk through walls like Homer Simpson did. :p

CJ pim

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
i actually didn't see any paper walls on my trip there.
Really?? bcz i had paper walls/doors every where even in school. Idid a one year exchange in japan. And Japan is only expensive in tokyo.

Pink Oni

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I wonder if you're going with my teacher ...
I don't think so considering that the two teachers are from my school, but if on some wierd occasion your teacher become a chaperone don't hesitate to tell me xD

super-shinobi

HSC
It really pisses me off that people are all 'fuck the Japanese' [scuze the language] just coz they do whaling. I understand the degree of the issue but people are discriminating the Japanese entirely now just because of this one thing. I have a couple of things I srongly disapprove of the Japanese, whaling included but despite this, I love them to bits and they're my favourite country. I love them more than my own nationality and plan on living there in the future =D

Pink Oni, besides Japanese, you should be alert and careful of belongings. Well, I went last year and I was really out of it [well I usually am] and someone stole my wallet [i swear it was the customs officer] and I lost like $70 in yen because I didnt stash it in a good pocket and it fell out. Well you probably arent as stupid and clumsy as I am but it might still be a good reminder =]

Most of all, have fun! The people are all really nice there and they love seeing foreigners ^^

Pink Oni

HSC
OH MAH LAWD, I lose things really easy too xC I'll have o take a mini safe.

super-shinobi

HSC
Hmm im not sure youll need to have a mini safe... haha well if it makes you feel safer about your possessions.. by all means =D Make sure not to lose your safe then hehe =P

Last edited:

Pink Oni

HSC
super-shinobi said:
Hmm im not sure youll need to have a mini safe... haha well if it makes you feel safer about your possessions.. by all means =D Make sure not to lose your safe then hehe =P
LOL, thanks I'll take that advice =]

Bendent

HSC
super-shinobi said:
It really pisses me off that people are all 'fuck the Japanese' [scuze the language] just coz they do whaling. I understand the degree of the issue but people are discriminating the Japanese entirely now just because of this one thing. I have a couple of things I srongly disapprove of the Japanese, whaling included but despite this, I love them to bits and they're my favourite country. I love them more than my own nationality and plan on living there in the future =D

Pink Oni, besides Japanese, you should be alert and careful of belongings. Well, I went last year and I was really out of it [well I usually am] and someone stole my wallet [i swear it was the customs officer] and I lost like $70 in yen because I didnt stash it in a good pocket and it fell out. Well you probably arent as stupid and clumsy as I am but it might still be a good reminder =]

Most of all, have fun! The people are all really nice there and they love seeing foreigners ^^
i've been there

i wouldnt want to live there

too small and australia is better

B

bekmay

YAY you'll love it, its the best country everrr. except australia.
the people are so nice!
take lots of money, and learn to use chopsticks hehe.
when you go... be ready to put in the effort to learn their language to the best of your ability... don't waste your time there. obviously, the best place to learn it is in the country that hosts the language. =]
the people are soooo kind, and love foreigners!! HAVE FUN!

red-butterfly

HSC
I LOVE JAPAN!!!!! xD!
take LOTS AND LOTS of money !!
and their vending machines are AWESOMEEE!
they carry hot and cold food as well as hot and cold drinks ^ ^
remember to always ask for the price of things otherwise you might get caught out and stuff...

Artic Blade

HSC
Last year I went to Japan -</ST1:pTokyo and Shibietsu and stayed with a host family, here is some tips from my stay:
<O:p
hakuyen shops are your best friend when over there, I got a complete bento set with chopsticks for 814yen ( $8.14 -roughly-) they make good presents, and hakuyen shops are great for souvenirs =] you can get temple inspired money boxes, key chains, sock glue etc.<O:p</O:p
If you want a yukata, get one from the Uniclo in the international airport, they are 4000 yen, a good price and there good quality.<O:p</O:p
Also some basic manners whilst over in<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<ST1
Japan:</ST1:p</st1:country-region><O:p</O:p

-Girls only sit on there legs, they do not cross legs, guys are allowed to sit cross-legged.<O:p</O:p
-when sitting on a high chair, only cross legs at ankles.<O:p</O:p
-If you get coffee etc at a vending machine you are ment to stay in the one place and drink it, you do not walk around with it.<O:p</O:p
-When your with your host family, when eating, leave a little food on the plate otherwise they think you want more! never leave a plate completely clean.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Hope this helps :)

HSC
if you ever stay in a hotel make sure you take advantage of the alcohol vending machines
when i went with school the teachers and the year 9 kids were all on the level below us and all of year 10 had a level to ourselves
fun nights

HSC
maybe do a little research on traditions. i have a few, care of my business studies textbook (hopefully it's right), lol...

- do not point at another person. This is considered very rude and hostile.
- Avoid direct eye contact, as it can be perceived as an intrusion into another person's space.
- Shake hands or bow, depending on the gesture offered by the person you are greeting.
- Japanese cover their face with their hands when they are embarassed.
- Japanese gifts should never contain four of anything because the word for four is similar to the word meaning death. They must be wrapped ands presented in a humble manner, and the recipient is not expected to open it in front of the receiver ---> so if you have a host family to give gifts to, take notice of this one.

i also remember reading that it is impolite to blow your nose in public.

also, speak to people when you have the opportunity. i went to italy for a month and was a bit shy, so instead of trying to say something i kept my mouth shut; i regret this now. i could have learned so much more than i did. people are usually pretty stoked when you're showing an effort to try and speak the language, so don't be afraid of making mistakes!

have an awesome trip :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)