im in a weird situation. (1 Viewer)

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
when i started prelim i was in standard eng and was in that right up until then end of first term yr12. so i learnt skrzynecki for belonging for standard but my advanced class that my school pushed me into did shakespeare 'as you like it'. they told me i have to learn it over the holidays if i want to go in adv (which i did). but heres the problem. i really felt that 'as you like it' was really basic thematically for belonging and i really dont want to do it for trial exams and eventually the HSC. i feel that my speech i did on skrzynecki was the best piece ive ever written and i think it would be a better option if i did it. however, my teacher seems quite firm that i need to do shakespeare as a unit and i shouldnt do skrzynecki.

my question is, is it possible to not do a shakespeare unit for the actual exam, as in, does the hsc pick up on it if you dont do it cos apparently its compulsory to do a shakespeare unit. or maybe instead of learning birthday letters for module c i can learn the shakespeare equivalent.

idk what to do please help

Thief

!!
HSC
when i started prelim i was in standard eng and was in that right up until then end of first term yr12. so i learnt skrzynecki for belonging for standard but my advanced class that my school pushed me into did shakespeare 'as you like it'. they told me i have to learn it over the holidays if i want to go in adv (which i did). but heres the problem. i really felt that 'as you like it' was really basic thematically for belonging and i really dont want to do it for trial exams and eventually the HSC. i feel that my speech i did on skrzynecki was the best piece ive ever written and i think it would be a better option if i did it. however, my teacher seems quite firm that i need to do shakespeare as a unit and i shouldnt do skrzynecki.

my question is, is it possible to not do a shakespeare unit for the actual exam, as in, does the hsc pick up on it if you dont do it cos apparently its compulsory to do a shakespeare unit. or maybe instead of learning birthday letters for module c i can learn the shakespeare equivalent.

idk what to do please help
Well, if it's compulsory, you gotta do it.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
Well, if it's compulsory, you gotta do it.
yeh i know but would you recommend going against what my class does and learn a text by myself, probably hamlet or something like that for the c module? i just think 'as you like it' was quite boring and skrzynecki was far better

Cl324

HSC
N/A
yeh i know but would you recommend going against what my class does and learn a text by myself, probably hamlet or something like that for the c module? i just think 'as you like it' was quite boring and skrzynecki was far better
For english advanced you gotta do a set of poems, a novel, film, shakespeare and nonfiction
Your teachers probably wont let you do a different text for internal assessments but if you want to learn Julius Caesar by yourself in your spare time then by all means do it for the HSC

Julius Caesar is the mod C shakespeare and Hamlet is mod B.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
For english advanced you gotta do a set of poems, a novel, film, shakespeare and nonfiction
Your teachers probably wont let you do a different text for internal assessments but if you want to learn Julius Caesar by yourself in your spare time then by all means do it for the HSC

Julius Caesar is the mod C shakespeare and Hamlet is mod B.

ahh thanks man, ill discuss with my teachers. its not like they can penalise me if i do a different text to everyone in the trial or hsc

Cl324

HSC
N/A
they can probably refuse to write you a question

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Keep in mind that your essay gets marked in a bundle with other students from your school. So it will look strange if yours is the only one doing a different question. You won't get marked down for it, but you may put the marker offside from the start.

madharris

HSC
N/A
You should do the text your learning from school. If u do another text, you might not learn iT properly
Also, your teacher will give you lots of materials, practice questions, homework, etc on the prescribed text that they have set you. You won't get any of this if you do a text on your own. And as someone said before, they my not write you a questions and then youre screwed as you won't be able o answer their question properly

Coookies

HSC
You could do that, get a tutor to do it with you maybe? But it'll be a big waste of time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)