• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I'm very confused, what does she think of me? (1 Viewer)

Ionus

HSC
Just to clear things up. She doesn't always ask about homework but I'd say 70% of the time she does. She does have a tendency to manipulate people though. A friend just got frustrated and got pissed because of her, and from that I realised he also likes her. I have a few other friends who say the same thing. But I can't get this girl out of my mind no matter how hard I try.

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
I know what you mean. If you don't find out if she likes you, you will forever be wondering. Get it out of her somehow... ummn yeh she could just be a massive flirt or something and using you... but not sure, you should find out first.

Ionus

HSC
But I can leave it until the end of the year and then ask her? I just want to find out what she thinks right now.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeh if I were you I would prolly leave it to the end of the year. I actually planned to do that once, then the chick I liked starting dating someone else. Oh well shit happens.

Ionus

HSC
lilkiwifruit said:
This is just a generalisation but girls don't really ask for hw help all the time from a guy she likes.. If she liked you, you would have asked you more personal questions than hw. Sounds like you are just being manipulated.
we also talk about general stuff in life as well: like music, university, share photos etc. She never asks personal questions though. She does ignore some people like my friend(the one who got pissed) but still talks to me, but she probably talks with a lot of other male friends. What I don't get is: why does she talk to me if she found out I liked her in yr9? Even if it's just for tutoring, if you know someone likes you, would you ask them to tutor you if you don't have a thing for him? I'm not a girl so I don't know.

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
No. Either she likes you or manipulating you. I think she likes you but don't take my word for it.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Ionus said:
what about if we just talk about general stuff in life as well? Like music, university etc? Share pictures of stuff
i didn't know that from your earlier posts...
ok maybe she does like you..It would be better if you asked her after the HSC but if it seriously bothers you a lot now, then just ask her... that way, you'll find out if you were used. :)

edit: From what you've said sooo far, I still think that she doesn't like you.. the whole "tutoring to get close to a guy" is such a movie thing.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
probably just manipulating you. It's just that since she did it to the last guy, then she could be doing it to you.

Pace_T

HSC
wat i think is:
dont worry if shes manipulating u..... if it means u get to be closer to the girl u like then its worth it. what if u two really click and she falls for u? also, what if u get sweet action from her or something!!!!
just make sure u are able to control urself and stop whatever is happening if u find out for sure if shes just using u. not that i think id be able to do it. some ppl just fall for others so much that they dont see wats really happening

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
glitterfairy said:
It seriously just sounds like she wants you to tutor her. Helping with homework/assessments counts as informal tutoring.
What she said, but i think the girl does just want you to tutor her, but she knows you like her and is manipulating you into helping her for free. Only do it if you think its going to improve your chances[probably wont but you never know] otherwise its a waste of time cause you are getting nothing out of it, start cracking onto other girls.
Or just flat out say "well my going rate is 20$ an hour and we start tomorrow"

Ionus

HSC
Well the thing is, she asked me to tutor her once about 5 weels ago, and I did. She asked me again 2 weeks ago, I said yes then after a while I felt like I was being manipulated too much so I said something came up. So why is she talking to me still even though I refused to tutor her, is she trying to seduce me even though we didn't talk about homework (but we did talk about school but nothing about homework) for 2 hrs yesterday? Does she plan on seducing me now so that she can manipulate me into helping her with homework when she really needs help? Or is she just trying to be friendly and also wants help? She doesn't pester me about tutoring though, only asked me twice.

Oh and to clear another thing up, sorry for my bad english skills. What I meant was that the guy who got frustrated from being used by her was frustrated because she only talks to him when she needs to. She was trying to buy something cheaper than the retail price because my friend has connections. And then he told me she also asked to buy something cheaper and that's the only time they talk (i.e. when she needs something from him). So that's why he got pissed. I don't think anyone has tutored her before though. I don't know how many smart people have fallen for her. I think I'm the only one. Maybe I'm not so smart after all, haha.

Last edited:

volition

arr.
HSC
if you like her, then i don't see the harm in going and doing some tutoring until you can find out what's goin on. I think she just wants help with homework but go and chance it anyway.

shortie_689

HSC
Serius said:
What she said, but i think the girl does just want you to tutor her, but she knows you like her and is manipulating you into helping her for free. Only do it if you think its going to improve your chances[probably wont but you never know] otherwise its a waste of time cause you are getting nothing out of it, start cracking onto other girls.
Or just flat out say "well my going rate is 20$ an hour and we start tomorrow"
haha I like that last one...
the $20 thing I reckon will bring out her true intentions

Ionus

HSC
shortie_689 said:
haha I like that last one...
the $20 thing I reckon will bring out her true intentions
Can you please explain to me what you mean? If she doesn't pay it means she was using me to get free crappy tuition. If she does pay, it means she was using me to get free crappy tuition as well. This is how I think of it.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
hmm I seem to be stuck in a similar situation but the other way around.. where someone is offering me tuition for free...

A good way to check if she's interested is to ask her out. haha... Maybe next time when she asks if you can tutor her, you ask her what time. And she gives you a time, and then you say something lame like 'ow i was gonna go to the movies that day but my friends dogged me boo hoo hoo.... you wanna come?'

if she rejects your offer and would rather do free-tutoring, then you know she's just using you for your tutoring... lol or maybe its just you over thinking it like I am.. heh *shrug*

Ionus

HSC
I know for a fact that she wouldn't come to movies with my friends. It would be way too awkward for her, 4 guys and a girl. And my friends don't normally talk to her except one and she doesn't watch many movies and she knows that I know that since she told me over a conversation about movies (I did not ask her if she wants to go to a movie ever though. We were just talking and then she said she's watching a movie with friends and I asked "you watch movies?" *shock gasp*, because she's not the type to watch many movies. Then she said something like "I don't go often but I watch when my friends go").

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
Hey just get your friend that does talk to her. And tell her to bring a friend. 4 is a good number to have.

Ionus

HSC
That would be even more awkward, asking her to bring a friend. We don't talk to any of her friends haha. And her friends would definitely say no since we don't talk to her friends.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Okay.. Well then you could always just go together.. See what she says when you ask her. Don't ask her on msn. When do you go back to school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)