Improve handwriting speed (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
Hey guys,

Do any of you know any methods to improve handwriting speed without making the quality worse? Is it just practice or have any of the more 'exotic' methods (battery on pen etc) actually worked? If it helps, I can probably write about 1600 words in an hour but ideally I want to do around 1800/1900.

Cheers :)

Mr L

HSC
N/A
I found that using a fountain pen equipped with an italic nib increased the speed of my writing immensely. I utilised the Lamy 1.1mm italic nib on a Lamy Safari for every single exam booklet I used in the HSC and it performed beautifully (and quickly!)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Tie a battery to your pen. Keep using it for ~10 weeks. Remove it right before an exam block. Write as fast as a hell.

Also though, planning your essays well before and during an exam will improve your fluency. This is as you'll be spending less time having to stop and think.

It may also be better to improve 'quality' as well, ie being clearer in your explanations.
Getting good marks isn't just about writing a fuckload (i wrote way less than my friends in our prelims and i still beat most of them)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't press down on the paper too hard - this will cause exhaustion. Personally, I don't write alot but I can do about 7-8 pages in 40 minutes which equates to alot of words...lol

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
The old battery trick doesn't work for a lot of people

And 1800/1900? Seriously? Quality > quantity, you don't need so much and that can even hinder you (to a marker looks like waffling bs)

The maximum I ever wrote was 1200 (averaged 900-1000 for every essay), keep it concise.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
PRACTISSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE....
usually works for most

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
(to a marker looks like waffling bs)
This can be true - there's obviously a "sweet spot" between being too long and too short.

If it's too long, the marker will obviously say it's full of crap - if it's too short, they will instantly have a mediocre first impression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)