Independent Trials are harder than CSSA (1 Viewer)

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
There i said it. Far harder. Independent Chem is so hard.

Maybe i am a slope head but its the truth.

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Independent Trials are harder the CSSA

The English and Maths Independent papers are harder than the CSSA ones :p

But if you do well in the Independent papers then it's likely that you will do much better in the HSC (unless if they throw out some random crap like they did to English last year =_=)

clissold

HSC

There i said it. Far harder. Independent Chem is so hard.

Maybe i am a slope head but its the truth.
yeah Id probably agree with this..

our physics half yearly was a combination of the 08 and 09 independent trials and top mark was 72%, I came second with 64% LOL

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

I have read on here that they say CSSA is harder. I can do most questions without a problem and with Independent i am like WTF, Independent paper is so hard. I am glad my school gets CSSA to a certain extent.

Independent papers take the piss. Does anyone know if there is anything about Air Bags and Sodium Azide in Chem M and Managment?!? Doesnt seem like something that would fit into that module and i havent learnt about it.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

yeah Id probably agree with this..

our physics half yearly was a combination of the 08 and 09 independent trials and top mark was 72%, I came second with 64% LOL
Unlucky, Only had you known before the test that they were Independent papers.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

My school get independent and they are hard

jamesfirst

HSC

It's pretty hard I guess.

I'd say the physics multiple choice coincides with the selective school's paper. But the short answers are easy peasy.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

It's pretty hard I guess.

I'd say the physics multiple choice coincides with the selective school's paper. But the short answers are easy peasy.
True I had my business exam yesterday and it was independent and multiple choice was hard

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

i am a slope head its the truth.
You said it.
Does anyone know if there is anything about Air Bags and Sodium Azide in Chem M and Managment?!? Doesnt seem like something that would fit into that module and i havent learnt about it.
Doing course now. Our teacher said they ask wacko questions with monitoring and management and that you should be able to apply info to different situations, but answering the question and then using examples from the stuff you studied.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

You said it.
Doing course now. Our teacher said they ask wacko questions with monitoring and management and that you should be able to apply info to different situations, but answering the question and then using examples from the stuff you studied.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Riproot again.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

CSSA papers mirror what HSC questions can be asked, Independent papers on the other hand like to ask random questions. If you know your content, you'd find that they're of similar difficulty. If you just know what you expect to be in the HSC on the other hand, Independent papers would be harder.

Oh and the actual difficulty of the papers fluctuates from year to year. Some Independent papers are ridiculously easy.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

Thanks Anna for your input!. I have found that of the 2 CSSA papers and the 2 Independent papers that i have completed, the independent were more difficult. There is a question that requires you to know the energy profile of reaction and to know what Sodium Azide is. Had i not google'd it then i can promise you in an exam, i would have been so screwed.

This might sound weird, but i hope for at least three 5+ markers in the CSSA trial (school uses this exam) and hopefully a difficult exam.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

I am not going to start another thread on this, but in class we performed a first hand investigation but we didnt use any cyclic Hydrocarbons, but if i say we did, would there be any problems??

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Thanks Anna for your input!. I have found that of the 2 CSSA papers and the 2 Independent papers that i have completed, the independent were more difficult. There is a question that requires you to know the energy profile of reaction and to know what Sodium Azide is. Had i not google'd it then i can promise you in an exam, i would have been so screwed.

This might sound weird, but i hope for at least three 5+ markers in the CSSA trial (school uses this exam) and hopefully a difficult exam.
That is exactly what I am saying =='
In the HSC, they would tell you what Sodium Azide is :)

I am not going to start another thread on this, but in class we performed a first hand investigation but we didnt use any cyclic Hydrocarbons, but if i say we did, would there be any problems??
No, there would be no problems. A lot of schools actually skip pracs, some don't do any at all =='

Grab some notes/a text book and write up a concise method for that prac. Also work out the explanations for the observations made in the prac :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

No.
I think you could say you used a cycloalkane and a cycloalkene just because they're less toxic or something.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

That is exactly what I am saying =='
In the HSC, they would tell you what Sodium Azide is :)

No, there would be no problems. A lot of schools actually skip pracs, some don't do any at all =='

Grab some notes/a text book and write up a concise method for that prac. Also work out the explanations for the observations made in the prac :)
I acknowledge the fact that i didnt mention it, but i meant for the trial HSC

No.
I think you could say you used a cycloalkane and a cycloalkene just because they're less toxic or something.
And the fact that it is more stable then the linear ones. But should it be a problem for the teacher marking it, because we didnt actually use any cyclic hydrocarbons. My school triple marks everything so i would assume it shouldnt be a problem, but i really dont know.

zxreth

HSC

I acknowledge the fact that i didnt mention it, but i meant for the trial HSC

And the fact that it is more stable then the linear ones. But should it be a problem for the teacher marking it, because we didnt actually use any cyclic hydrocarbons. My school triple marks everything so i would assume it shouldnt be a problem, but i really dont know.
best thing would be just to ask your teacher.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

best thing would be just to ask your teacher.
+1

I doubt they'd put such a question in the trials though, especially since you haven't done the prac xD

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

We did perform the prac, but we never used Cyclic Hydrocarbons.

Sorry for the mis-understanding.

muzeikchun852

HSC

We did perform the prac, but we never used Cyclic Hydrocarbons.

Sorry for the mis-understanding.
we did the experiment with cyclohexane and cyclohexene.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)