Information on Accommodation (2 Viewers)

I am here!

HSC
N/A
Hm got an offer from Burgmann today so all is swell - via phone, nothing on paper yet which is a bit disconcerting, but I will live, I think.

Anyone else heading there or is it all about John's and Bruce these days?

Evilo

HSC
I am here! said:
Hm got an offer from Burgmann today so all is swell - via phone, nothing on paper yet which is a bit disconcerting, but I will live, I think.
Well congratulations! getting accom is better than living out of a tent lol! Just remember there are due dates for deposits, you havent 100% secured your room until they are paid for.
I am here! said:
Anyone else heading there or is it all about John's and Bruce these days?
Well although everything revolves around johns :)D), im sure there will be some burgmann people around here somewhere... you know... all 350 of them.

Welcome to ANU, see you next year!

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
When are you supposed to receive accommodation offers? Is it normal to receive an offer before you know that you've gotten into a course?

Evilo

HSC
ANU said:
* New domestic students will be sent an offer of accommodation after they have received an academic offer to study at ANU, for Semester 1, 2007 this will be 17 January.
* New international undergraduate students will be sent an offer of accommodation after they have accepted their academic offer.
* This means that most international students will need to pay their course fee deposit before they can confirm their accommodation.
Accommodation offers will begin from 1 November and will be sent via email to students as they accept their academic offers.

It is very important for international students to accept their academic offers early. This usually involves paying your course fee deposit. The earlier you accept your academic offer, the earlier we can confirm your accommodation. Students who accept their academic offer late may not be guaranteed accommodation.
I think i got mine around that sort of time, maybe a bit later.
tbh i wouldnt worry if you're a new student. That guarantee will keep strong.

I am here!

HSC
N/A
Eriny said:
Is it normal to receive an offer before you know that you've gotten into a course?
I don't think so - which makes me all the more weirded out as I still haven't seen anything in black and white.

I'm sure yours will be coming sooner or later!

Heard anything back on the PhB thing yet? I haven't, sadly. :confused:

Evilo

HSC
I am here! said:
I don't think so - which makes me all the more weirded out as I still haven't seen anything in black and white.
dont worry, if you've applied properly there should be no issues. just pre-offer nerves lol

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
I am here! said:
Heard anything back on the PhB thing yet? I haven't, sadly.
No, I haven't either. I have no idea how many applications they have to sort through though. I'm hoping we hear sometime this week because they told me the selection process started yesterday.

bikapika

HSC
ive got a call from sue. she said they will made the decisions by next week : )

bikapika

HSC
burgmann's staff : ) appearantly she didnt call me for an interview. does that mean my application for residency is rejected?

I am here!

HSC
N/A
bikapika said:
burgmann's staff : ) appearantly she didnt call me for an interview. does that mean my application for residency is rejected?
I'd wouldn't think so - I didn't really have an interview or anything.

bikapika

HSC
I am here! said:
I'd wouldn't think so - I didn't really have an interview or anything.
oh did u get a call to tell you that "you are in" or just "your application is impressive, we will make up our mind soon"?

Evilo

HSC
either way your going to get a room somewhere. :p
Dont sweat guys, they're not going to chuck you onto the street.

bikapika

HSC
Evilo said:
either way your going to get a room somewhere. :p
Dont sweat guys, they're not going to chuck you onto the street.
i dont want to end up at unilodge which i cant afford nor self-catered colleges im too lazy to cook

I am here!

HSC
N/A
bikapika said:
oh did u get a call to tell you that "you are in" or just "your application is impressive, we will make up our mind soon"?
Chit chat - 'You're in: paperwork on the way' - chit chat

Evilo

HSC
I was about to say call them and ask, but it seems you've already done so.
the fact they've called back means they've taken an interest in you. (sounds like a positve sign to me)

Evilo

HSC
I am here! said:
Chit chat - 'You're in: paperwork on the way' - chit chat
hahaha that means "you've been confirmed a place, pay by this date or else" :p
Congrats :p

bikapika

HSC
nuh i didnt call them they called me this morning : ) lol so did a residential college at usyd which called me for an interview

lol i would probably go to this interview pretending usyd is my first preference and then use it as a backup option if i couldnt get into law in anu

seriously there are FULL of hot chicks at usyd

bikapika

HSC
come on current students, say that there are a lot of hot chicks at anu as well, say it to reaffirm ma faith in anu : )

Evilo

HSC
yeah there's hot chicks, especially in arts related courses. I was a bit hesitant about saying that 'cos i havent actually been to any other univeristies - makes it a bit hard for comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)