Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
Eriny said:
And don't worry, I'm sure you'll get a spot. If not, you can sleep on my floor :p (j/k)
thats if you can fit him/her on your floor lol.

I tried to roll out a swag at B&G the other day, lets just say it was a tight fit lol

Evilo

HSC
well for some of the colleges there are those drawer things under the bed, if your friend is small i spose you could fold them into one :D

Last edited:

UchihaVegeta

HSC
I haven't received anything yet still... the accommodation offer, enrolment package, and student number. Only got this email for me to visit the "pre departure information evening" at Sofitel Melbourne, which isn't compulsory. Hopefully I'll have them by then.

No student number=no SIGN mentoring application i suppose? When does its applications for semester 1 close?

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
SIGN mentoring signups generally don't clost too early, so you needn't worry.

kretzy

HSC
UchihaVegeta said:
I haven't received anything yet still... the accommodation offer, enrolment package, and student number. Only got this email for me to visit the "pre departure information evening" at Sofitel Melbourne, which isn't compulsory. Hopefully I'll have them by then.
I'm in exactly the same position. Haven't gotten anything expect for that email about the pre-departure. Does anyone know if its worth going to?

Have you gone onto the ANU website and accepted your offer though?

Evilo

HSC
kretzy said:
I'm in exactly the same position. Haven't gotten anything expect for that email about the pre-departure. Does anyone know if its worth going to?
I went last year (in sydney) and it was a pretty good night. I wouldn't go if you have to travel hours to get there, but its a good night just to settle the nerves before the big move. To be honest its not a real "information evening" so to speak. They just have a few students up there telling you how good anu is, they do a few ice breakers (like introducing youself to the person next to you), put your hand up if you do science etc. They provide free drinks and snacks to everyone there and you get a little showbag with a "welcome to anu brochure" and a campus map lol. I think they even had a lucky door prize and the winners won some really "cool" anu hats!!! the idea of the night is to speak to other students (who are just as nervous as you are) and to get the feeling that you're not the only one making the big move and that everyone around you is a good bunch.
i'd go :)

blacksunset

HSC
Haha - I'm female, as my little avatari thingy says.. and I'm little! (well, not short, but I'm little :))

I am here!

HSC
N/A
Eriny said:
I haven't received my enrollment pack either. It's really annoying because without the student number in my enrollment pack I can't fill out the forms required to get my scholarship money transferred into my account so I can pay for accommodation!

And don't worry, I'm sure you'll get a spot. If not, you can sleep on my floor :p (j/k)
Hm, I emailed the UG S/Ss office and they told me to send through my paperwork sans the student number (they'll be able to fill it, naturally) - and I'm pretty sure that we can't get our hands on the cash till we see them (face-to-face, for whatever reason) in O-week . . .

BTW, congrats on Burgmann - I suppose I'll see you there! :cool:

kretzy

HSC
Evilo said:
I went last year (in sydney) and it was a pretty good night. I wouldn't go if you have to travel hours to get there, but its a good night just to settle the nerves before the big move. To be honest its not a real "information evening" so to speak. They just have a few students up there telling you how good anu is, they do a few ice breakers (like introducing youself to the person next to you), put your hand up if you do science etc. They provide free drinks and snacks to everyone there and you get a little showbag with a "welcome to anu brochure" and a campus map lol. I think they even had a lucky door prize and the winners won some really "cool" anu hats!!! the idea of the night is to speak to other students (who are just as nervous as you are) and to get the feeling that you're not the only one making the big move and that everyone around you is a good bunch.
i'd go :)
Cool, thanks for the info! :) I'll try get to it.

Still nothing about my offer...

Last edited:

UchihaVegeta

HSC
It'll take at the most, 1 more week I suppose. Since on the site it said "guaranteed offers are made on a daily basis up till late january"

blacksunset

HSC
my status has changed to "under consideration" for b&g..
grr just wanna know whats going on. and is there anything else i need to do online before i enrol in person? i accepted my uac offer and accepted it through ANU too... im a bit confused?

I am here!

HSC
N/A
blacksunset said:
my status has changed to "under consideration" for b&g..
grr just wanna know whats going on. and is there anything else i need to do online before i enrol in person? i accepted my uac offer and accepted it through ANU too... im a bit confused?
I think (THINK) that's all. By all that I've seen, everything else goes down during O-week.

Would be lovely of someone to confirm though!

kretzy

HSC
Just checked my status again...

It's changed from Fenner to Unilodge. This officially sucks. :(

Evilo

HSC
yikes, ill stay out of this thread. I wish i had access to see what the "real" progress was for you guys.

frederick.lee

HSC
hmm when's a date to move in? i know o week starts on the 18th of feb, so im thinking 17th?

and does anyone know what living in fenner is like? i mean why do a lot of ppl seem to regret living there....?

Evilo

HSC
your hall/college will tell you when to move in closer to the date. It changes between colleges. I suspect it would be the 16th or 17th.

frederick.lee

HSC
oh thanks for the info, hope i dont have to battle with 400other ppl trying to move in at the same time =S

Evilo

HSC
Ahh i wouldn't worry. At johns the later years move in a few days later, plus many of the internationals arrive a few days before (as per agreements). then for the remainder of students - they have a whole day to move in.

EDIT - it won't take you long to move in anyway, you'll be so pepped up on adrenaline and excitement you'll probably be forcing the olds back into the car lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)