Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

zaneus

HSC
Can i please get some links on accommodation prices? I saw a link a while back but i forgot what page its on.

Thanks

melanie.dee

HSC
anyone have any tips for johns interview? and how important do u think sport involvement is, on the pre interview questionaire thing theres a lot of sprt and not much i can say yes to.. eep. my interviews not until jan at anu cos im overseas at the moment they said this wont be detrimental to my application but will it actually, being so late and all?

ambrose1

HSC
hi melanie.
in the past johns has had a big sporting orientation but i think this will change this year as we look to put more emphasis on the whole community/family thing. So really its irrelevant if you've played sport, or if you've done music, community service or whatever, as long as you've been involved and shown that you're willing to participate. at johns it's not so important that you play sport, but rather that you get out and support the teams and show the college spirit that's unique to Johns. what we don't want is people who just sit in their rooms studying all day.
In the interview, they will be impressed if you convey a genuine sense of enthusiasm for the culture and tradition at Johns. I suppose the only other tip i can give is just show them you're a good person- smile, chit-chat and be friendly.

Places to get into Johns are no where near as competitive as people think. I've heard that only 20% of people who bother to show up to the interviews get rejected- so i wouldn't worry too much.

hope this helps.

cricketfan10

HSC
i just applied for accomm, it says complete under each section of the application but my status says application incomplete. i just finished it though. is this normal?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
cricketfan10 said:
i just applied for accomm, it says complete under each section of the application but my status says application incomplete. i just finished it though. is this normal?
That happened to me, I emailed them and they fixed it. Just email them.

cricketfan10

HSC
moc2009 said:
That happened to me, I emailed them and they fixed it. Just email them.
ah well i didnt have to email, just fixed itself :)

apparently bruce have already selected all their new residents :(

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cricketfan10 said:
ah well i didnt have to email, just fixed itself :)

apparently bruce have already selected all their new residents :(
That's a rumour only. I really doubt it though considering that the Head of Hall and Sub Dean only got back to Bruce 2 days ago after being away for over a month.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
neo o said:
That's a rumour only. I really doubt it though considering that the Head of Hall and Sub Dean only got back to Bruce 2 days ago after being away for over a month.
Nah, I was talking to AJ over New Year's and he'd been talking to Crespo, and she'd already chosen people.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
humphdogg said:
Nah, I was talking to AJ over New Year's and he'd been talking to Crespo, and she'd already chosen people.
Wow, that's pretty harsh.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Just curious, when do most people move down? Like a week before orientation? A few days?

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
moc2009 said:
Just curious, when do most people move down? Like a week before orientation? A few days?
It should be on the 14th of February this year (saturday before orientation week) for first years, and the later years would be coming in before the 23rd (first day of term), although many later years would be arriving in time for o-week also.

bluemonday

HSC
Which catered ANU college would best suit this description: the inhabitants are all sociable and friendly, but there isn't an obsession with getting drunk as much as possible.

I'm thinking Ursula Hall?

Cheers

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Pretty much, except for the catered part.

Edit: Read that as self-catered, just ignore me.

Last edited:

bluemonday

HSC
Ursula is catered according to the ANU website.

I'm planning to put my preferences in this order:

1. Ursula
2. Burgmann
3. Bruce
4. Johns

Sound alright for my desires?

Cheers

bluemonday

HSC
Given that I only applied today, what are my chances of getting my first preference (or any of my preferences)?

Cheers

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Unlikely, as all the colleges will have already chosen people to fill every available space.

However, as your first request was Ursies, which is the least popular of the catered colleges, you'll probably get an offer there eventually.

bluemonday

HSC
Hey man

Is this really the case?:mad1: What sort of offer will I get?

What do you mean by "eventually" get a spot at Ursula?

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)