• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Insurance/Tax number...? (1 Viewer)

allyuk

HSC
Hi,

I have heard that to work you need a certain number? And I'm completely lost. I apologise for sounding completely clueless but what are the exact things you need to get a job, apart from a bank account number?

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol.

It's called a tax file number that you have get from the taxtation office and after applying for it, it'll get sent to you after about 6ish weeks.

You need a couple of points of ID to get it, and then when its sent to you and you have a job, you get a Tax File Number declaration form that you hand into your employer.

This number will stay with you for your whole life, it doesn't change. It works sorta like your Board of Studies number when you do the School Cert. and HSC. You're basically just a number on the Governments list.

Hope that helps : )

allyuk

HSC
Lol.

It's called a tax file number that you have get from the taxtation office and after applying for it, it'll get sent to you after about 6ish weeks.

You need a couple of points of ID to get it, and then when its sent to you and you have a job, you get a Tax File Number declaration form that you hand into your employer.

This number will stay with you for your whole life, it doesn't change. It works sorta like your Board of Studies number when you do the School Cert. and HSC. You're basically just a number on the Governments list.

Hope that helps : )
Hi Christina,

Thanks a lot for your help!:DI appreciate it, and again, sorry for sounding a bit dumb lol.

Cheers again,
Alex

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Christina,

Thanks a lot for your help!:DI appreciate it, and again, sorry for sounding a bit dumb lol.

Cheers again,
Alex
Haha no worries : ) I'm not sure where the closest taxation office to you would be, but either Google it or ask your parents or something. I know there's one in Chatswood if thats any close to you... haha

I've been there done that with the whole job/TFN thing so of you need any help i'm here! lol

Christina

greekgun

HSC
Yeah pretty much wat Christina said but also, if ur still in school u can do it though ur career adviser. Doing it through ur career adivser makes it easier because he/she pretty much does it for u all u have to to is fill it out and they will send it in 4 u.

allyuk

HSC
Haha no worries : ) I'm not sure where the closest taxation office to you would be, but either Google it or ask your parents or something. I know there's one in Chatswood if thats any close to you... haha

I've been there done that with the whole job/TFN thing so of you need any help i'm here! lol

Christina
I think there's a Chatswood near here but I'm in Kent :eek: lol ..

I'm heading out to Brisbane in May then heading down to Sydney to work. That's why I wasn't too sure about which numbers I needed:D..I've contacted the Australian embassy in London, and they're going to send me one now so it's all good.

But yeah thank you! and if I get a bit confused again I'll know where to come;)

Alex

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I think there's a Chatswood near here but I'm in Kent :eek: lol ..

I'm heading out to Brisbane in May then heading down to Sydney to work. That's why I wasn't too sure about which numbers I needed:D..I've contacted the Australian embassy in London, and they're going to send me one now so it's all good.

But yeah thank you! and if I get a bit confused again I'll know where to come;)

Alex
Lol... wait. Kent in the U.K? Whoa haha thats cool. Well yes I meant Chatswood in Sydney : P

Moving to Sydney will be the best : )

allyuk

HSC
Yeah the UK:eek:..but yeah I'm really excited though, hopefully Sydney's gonna be great!!:D..

Where abouts in Sydney are you btw? =)

haylz234

HSC
hey allyuk - you just need to go to any newsagency, fill out the form called "Tax File Application Form" (don't confuse this with the "Tax File Declaration Form" - you dont need that one just yet), fill that one out and send it in to the Australian Tax Office.

You will get a nine digit number delivered to the address you elect. good luck! :)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
hey allyuk - you just need to go to any newsagency, fill out the form called "tax file application form" (don't confuse this with the "tax file declaration form" - you dont need that one just yet), fill that one out and send it in to the australian tax office.

You will get a nine digit number delivered to the address you elect. Good luck! :)

newsagents do not for the love of god gave tfn application forms!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)