Interesting Math Problem.... (1 Viewer)

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Just use L'Hôpital's rule since the fraction becomes .

Hence it becomes

I think this is right...

(ty carrotsticks for showing me this at meat lol).
Yeah, in general if the denominator is larger, it will approach 0 as x approaches infinity.

Also, that wasn't meant to be a new question :p The solution of the question (0) was meant to be the solution for the initial question (0).

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Yeah, in general if the denominator is larger, it will approach 0 as x approaches infinity.

Also, that wasn't meant to be a new question :p The solution of the question (0) was meant to be the solution for the initial question (0).
ohhhhhhhhhh

haha I didn't realise, thought you were posting it as an example of another interesting question.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Just use L'Hôpital's rule since the fraction becomes .

Hence it becomes

I think this is right...

(ty carrotsticks for showing me this at meat lol).
Have to be careful in the HSC though as some teachers may not accept it, and even in the HSC exam I'm not sure what happens if you use it (even stating that it's L'Hopital's).

However, to be really correct you should say that if the limit exists, then the limit of the original function is equal to the limit of the derivatives of the numerator/denominator, etc.

seanieg89

HSC
I wouldn't risk using it in the HSC.

The fact that exponentials dominate polynomials which dominate logarithms is given to you without proof. (In one of the Cambridge 3U books I think.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)