• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Internal Marks? (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
Just because your school is fucked doesn't make the system bad.
+1

Dont go around telling people that they can get 99+ when their ranks are awful just cos someone probably just made a mistake with your rankings. You dont even know that the teacher did it deliberately... Did the teacher come up to you and say "hey youre a wanker im gonna swap your rank with some guy lower than you"? NO! You crazy crazy people...

themanman

HSC
N/A
Just because your school is fucked doesn't make the system bad.
umm.. lol what?

i never said the system is bad (and if i did, i meant the system WITHIN my school)

how many times have i said "it depends on the credibility of your school"

and i completely agree that my school is fucked

awbeyona

HSC
i thought he was trolling too

but i can see some of the truth in it

it definitely doesn't happen in ALL schools

buts its definitely happened in mine

--- heres more proof

a guy in our school was ranked bottom 10 for most subjects

he did really good in the externals and received dux

now wait..

the guy at first place still did really well.. and wasn't that far behind that guy

when aligning internals and externals.. he still shud have scraped out far on top

a lot of us were repeating "wtf"
TRUE TRUE. People think I am telling false info. but I am actually not. THIS REALLY HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3RD LAST --> TOP FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michaeljennings

HSC
umm.. lol what?

i never said the system is bad (and if i did, i meant the system WITHIN my school)

yeahh its not so much you its the other guy that abeywona or whatever his name is

michaeljennings

HSC
TRUE TRUE. People think I am telling false info. but I am actually not. THIS REALLY HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3RD LAST --> TOP FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how big was your cohort cos this really doesnt mean anyhting right now... there could have been 5 people in your cohort..

themanman

HSC
N/A
Just a side note to you guys:

If you think we are trolling (in which i'm seriously not) then why are you getting so worked up over it?

Is the swearing, caps and overused exclamation marks really necessary?

Im just sharing some of the experiences with my school, which i've reiterated many times over yet you all keep missing it

I'm not saying that the same occurs in your school. Just keep an eye out for it, though.

And btw, no it is very unlikely op will get a 99 (awbeyona said that)

jessxxr

HSC
umm.. lol what?

-_- omggggggggggggg my brain is going to explode, no matter how bad, unreliable, sneaky your school is, your school can't just magically change rankings themselves, no, they have to go through board of studies, as if board of studies isn't going to realise what's going on

michaeljennings

HSC
Just a side note to you guys:

If you think we are trolling (in which i'm seriously not) then why are you getting so worked up over it?

Is the swearing, caps and overused exclamation marks really necessary?

Im just sharing some of the experiences with my school, which i've reiterated many times over yet you all keep missing it

I'm not saying that the same occurs in your school. Just keep an eye out for it, though.

And btw, no it is very unlikely op will get a 99 (awbeyona said that)
Where is the swearing? and abeyawonaanaawonwa is the one using too mayn exclamation marks. We are pissed off cos you are giving people false hope.. Why cant you jsut say "study hard and do your best in the hsc" why are you saying "ahhh dw braaaa if you have awful ranks your school will change them cos they are coooooooooooooooooool"

jessxxr

HSC
im just worked up because you guys seem to be wrapped up in this conspiracy theory of yours, it's just not logical at all, im just trying to maybe help you realise this

enoilgam

HSC
So awbeyona thinks that school ranks and marks are meaningless. If so, I dare any current year 11 to test that theory and bum for their school assessments, then try and kill your externals. Then you will see just how "right" he is.

themanman

HSC
N/A
-_- omggggggggggggg my brain is going to explode, no matter how bad, unreliable, sneaky your school is, your school can't just magically change rankings themselves, no, they have to go through board of studies, as if board of studies isn't going to realise what's going on
here I'll go through the simple process with you -.- :

1. They open Word Excel
2. They view the rank spreadsheet
3. They think to themselves "hmm, why did I put this dick head on rank 5"
4. Swaps him with rank 7 and any assessment marks that accrue to that rank
5. Hands it into BOS

Now how is the BOS supposed to know what just happened? (and yes enoilgam is right, they cant alter them after September) but they have altered them beforehand.. and any of you guys are unaware of it

now, back to your question which I know you will repeat again

"Now, why the hell would they change a persons rank who is doing well?" Good damn question! Well, say you need to hand in a major work to the BOS (for art or something idk) and they regret giving you the mark they did as, upon reflecting, they realize it wasn't that good.

hmm?

michaeljennings

HSC

1. They open Word Excel
5. Hands it into BOS
Yeah cos schools do this all the time

awbeyona

HSC
So awbeyona thinks that school ranks and marks are meaningless. If so, I dare any current year 11 to test that theory and bum for their school assessments, then try and kill your externals. Then you will see just how "right" he is.
Okay, your school assessment is very important. I know this as I did my HSC. If you do well in both, that is perfect! but ask your high school teacher, it is not 50% 50%. External is much bigger~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

themanman

HSC
N/A
Yeah cos schools do this all the time
Well, you have no proof that they don't

and I sure as hell have some proof (which is some more than you) that they have done this

as I said (5th time now) depends on the "credibility of your school"

michaeljennings

HSC
Hi Skyisblack,

Do not worry too much about your internal mark as they are meaningless. Every school does different assessment tasks. Since your school is in the top 4, you can achieve an ATAR of 99+. Nothing is impossible.

Thanks,

AWB
Quoting this so themanman can see that AWB pretty much said 'dont worry the school will change all your ranks (because they are all terrible)'. Im sure the head teachers at my school are going to go 'hey skyisblack is a really nice person lets change all their ranks!"...

michaeljennings

HSC
Well, you have no proof that they don't

and I sure as hell have some proof (which is some more than you) that they have done this

as I said (5th time now) depends on the "credibility of your school"
Look okay i already know your school is retarded...Everyone here is arguing against what AWB originally said...

awbeyona

HSC

1. They open Word Excel
5. Hands it into BOS

Now how is the BOS supposed to know what just happened? (and yes enoilgam is right, they cant alter them after September) but they have altered them beforehand.. and any of you guys are unaware of it

now, back to your question which I know you will repeat again

"Now, why the hell would they change a persons rank who is doing well?" Good damn question! Well, say you need to hand in a major work to the BOS (for art or something idk) and they regret giving you the mark they did as, upon reflecting, they realize it wasn't that good.

hmm?
You understand how this works~! GOOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)