Internet Explorer or Firefox? (1 Viewer)

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
No matter what you do, IE will always dominate the other borwsers...Why?, Because it comes shipped with the PC...

Why did somebody start a war on net browsers...first it was consoles wars now its web browser wars. Just go with what ur happy with and shut up, and peacefully browse the web...

Does it really matter...boohoo, my net broswer is 0.01 seconds faster than urs... my has security urs doesn't...

You can block unnecessary stuff too on IE...But why would you want to blcok avatars and sigs?, There sometimes funny and good to have...

Just by interest does any1 use thunderbird email thing from mozilla? or we gona start a war on win mail vs thunderbird lol.

You won't get viruses, if your carefully at what ur browsing. Don't click on the spam adverts and don't go to unsafes sites and u'll be right.... I can see why IE uses more ram..It has more features and is more developed than other browsers in terms of looks etc...

IMO, IE has all the features in the right spots, the other browser have their fav bar in diff postions etc...maybe because i'm not used to it.
EDIT: I just tried Google Chrome and FireFox, and I'm going to use them for now...They seem so much faster and more reliable for me...IE was always crashing on me.

LOL at the MS, official IE website...they have like 8 videos telling you that IE:8 is the best...buts its bloated as hell before you even start using it...IE fail until they fix their performance problems, and reliability...

MS: Think speed, is putting in more features (that not many people use) like accelerators etc...lol, these things hog more and more memory...

All the other Browsers: Think speed is refining the coding and making sure their broswers run as smoothly and fast as possible...:D

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
Firefox = Awesomeness

It has a certain qualities that other browsers do not have with its extended addons + its sexiest themes ;)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Snorlaxx Chrome has extensions+themes now as well. Many of the FireFox ad-ons got ported across during the dev stage.

Xc3llrator FireFox 3.5 isn't as stable as the older versions and I've come across a fair few people that have had it crash regularly on them. This coupled with its poor rendering where it completely ignores style sheets on occasion. It is also just as bloated as IE now with them just chucking more useless crap into it. It is also slower than Chrome, by that I mean a lot slower even with the site in its cache where as Chrome was loading it faster fresh.

I was an avid supporter of FireFox until 3.5 came out and was slow, buggy and just a step down from Chrome. Mind you I did like the about:robots bit though.

philphie

Banned
HSC
explorer always crashes when i have multiple youtube video windows and pdf's

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
badquinton304 said:
Overall firefox is still ahead, although they still need to fix a few bugs and make it less resource intensive.
Internet Browser Software Review 2010 - TopTenREVIEWS
How old is that review? Because that is really out of date with Chrome. Chrome has always had a spell check, now has ad-ons, is now customizable, it saves tabs automatically.

Seriously that is a terrible review.

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
Snorlaxx Chrome has extensions+themes now as well. Many of the FireFox ad-ons got ported across during the dev stage.

Xc3llrator FireFox 3.5 isn't as stable as the older versions and I've come across a fair few people that have had it crash regularly on them. This coupled with its poor rendering where it completely ignores style sheets on occasion. It is also just as bloated as IE now with them just chucking more useless crap into it. It is also slower than Chrome, by that I mean a lot slower even with the site in its cache where as Chrome was loading it faster fresh.

I was an avid supporter of FireFox until 3.5 came out and was slow, buggy and just a step down from Chrome. Mind you I did like the about:robots bit though.

Ive been using firefox 3.5 for a while, and its way faster than IE, IMO. Tabs open up faster, it starts up faster, and scans for viruses.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Although it's all been said before... I'd choose Chrome now.

Simply because I'm about speed and Chrome is easily the fastest.

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
chrome is really good, safari is not that good at all.

twistedrebel

HSC
chrome is more stable, firefox isnt stable and constantly crashes.

System32

HSC
Firefox,

Its pretty fast compared to IE explorer as well as safer.

IE's lack of security just pisses me off when I get spammed with 10 pop ups at once...

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
I've noticed Google chrome lags a bit when scrolling down and up on a page...

Firefox is much smoother when scrolling down and up, same as IE.

Something to think about, its not bad, but i guess this is what u get for a fast browser...Also there is still a lot of lack of support for chrome... e.g. no Nvidia auto driver scan... and some net games don't work with it..I don'tknow if this is true, but there may be some lack of flash performance...

0bs3n3

HSC
Firefox.

Find it to be a lot smoother and less buggy. As well it isn't too mushy like Vista which is imo detrimental to the purpose. Simple and gets the job done.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I have no problem with scrolling and the only problem I've had is with Java because I haven't updated it. Everything has worked in flash that I've run, never had a problem with it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I've noticed Google chrome lags a bit when scrolling down and up on a page...

Firefox is much smoother when scrolling down and up, same as IE.

Something to think about, its not bad, but i guess this is what u get for a fast browser...Also there is still a lot of lack of support for chrome... e.g. no Nvidia auto driver scan... and some net games don't work with it..I don'tknow if this is true, but there may be some lack of flash performance...
it doesnt lag at all for me, IE is the one that lags when i scroll, lol.

chrome scrolls the best imo, so quick!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)