Internet Explorer or Firefox? (1 Viewer)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I use chrome and firefox mainly, I never use IE, it is insecure, seriously anyone who follows tech news knows there are always security issues and hackers after IE, not so much ff and chrome.

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
I use chrome and firefox mainly, I never use IE, it is insecure, seriously anyone who follows tech news knows there are always security issues and hackers after IE, not so much ff and chrome.
No the reason why IE has more security problems is because more people use it, therefore making it the number 1 attack browser for hackers etc. FF and Chrome do not get as much crap as IE does because the average Joe doesn't even know what FF or Chrome is...They just use what ever came with the computer...

IE looks more unified. Also if theres a problem with IE, then theres 100% going to be something wrong with your windows explorer...lol (its basically the same program. Just ones for local browsing on your computer, and IE is for browsing the net...).

Yea Vista and IE r mem hogs what can I do..?, well at least I have 4 GBs Ram to handle em...:D

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
I use Opera.

Google Chrome doesn't have a simple button to disable pop-up blocker (or have they corrected that now?)

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone able/bothered to explain what browser security is, it's a term I really dont understand. I mean, if you have a firewall and antivirus and stuff, what good is a browsers security? I'm just not sure 'browser security' is or does.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
It means that there are security holes within the browser that means a hacker can use them to gain a backdoor to your computer. IE had a huge one earlier in the year where Microsoft was even telling people to use an alternative browser because it was a major hole.

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, that is bad. Hmm, I think I might give this Chrome a shot, havent looked at it yet.

HSC
Uni Grad
fuck me dead, same bloody 'thin' faggotry cunt bitch dick text as opera.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Umm what are you talking about? I hate Opera as well but Chrome doesn't have the annoying thin text

HSC
Uni Grad
possibly, cant find text options for chrome though.

I see it now gg

HSC
Uni Grad
Just checked firefox, it's got the thin faggotry too, I have come to the conclusion it has something to do with IE having latin as one of the languages because none of the others do and they all have the thin text shit.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
if you people know how to use firefox you could definitely have a better browsing experience than chrome.
i can block avatars and signatures from certain individuals on this forum and ive blocked ads from many sites including this one that firefox itself cannot do and most of all load only necessary content and nothing else.
pretty much a much more clean browsing experience.

but i can still use IE8 as a scapegoat browser sometimes.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
if you people know how to use firefox you could definitely have a better browsing experience than chrome.
i can block avatars and signatures from certain individuals on this forum and ive blocked ads from many sites including this one that firefox itself cannot do and most of all load only necessary content and nothing else.
pretty much a much more clean browsing experience.
Chrome has extensions as well >.>. First thing I did when they came out was get Ad-block, not touching flashblock again because it pissed me off last time I used FireFox after getting used to Flash playing automatically

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
No matter what you do, IE will always dominate the other borwsers...Why?, Because it comes shipped with the PC...

Why did somebody start a war on net browsers...first it was consoles wars now its web browser wars. Just go with what ur happy with and shut up, and peacefully browse the web...

Does it really matter...boohoo, my net broswer is 0.01 seconds faster than urs... my has security urs doesn't...

You can block unnecessary stuff too on IE...But why would you want to blcok avatars and sigs?, There sometimes funny and good to have...

Just by interest does any1 use thunderbird email thing from mozilla? or we gona start a war on win mail vs thunderbird lol.

You won't get viruses, if your carefully at what ur browsing. Don't click on the spam adverts and don't go to unsafes sites and u'll be right.... I can see why IE uses more ram..It has more features and is more developed than other browsers in terms of looks etc...

IMO, IE has all the features in the right spots, the other browser have their fav bar in diff postions etc...maybe because i'm not used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)