Ever

Ever

Ever

Date Anyone From My Own Race..

Ever!!!! Yaaaaaa!!!

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Not only would I date someone from my own race or another race but I have with both. Ive dated a few australians, a pommy, and a french... man.. well not man, but you cant say french and not man, unless youre saying french breadstick o_O

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
i went out with a canadian guy and im an 'indian' gal... it's hard though, with the "forces" against you. if you know what i mean... his parents were somewhat religious and wouldn't have endorsed the idea of their son being with an indian and my parents would've shipped me back to the old country haha....

how can a relationship that you have to keep a secret last?

racial prejudices are alive and kickin guys...

we shouldn't have to still be living in a barrier with such cultural restraints and barriers.... it shouldnt matter what race or religion you are....

shouldnt the world accept that its about finding your 'soul mate' regardless of their race??

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i've never dated other asians, and either most people are fine with it or i've been oblivious (latter is quite likely). the only people who's ever said anything to me about it have been asian boys, but that shouldn't mean anything since it's only 3 people. having said that i don't care about interracial relationships etc, i wouldn't tell my parents or want to meet his so i don't know

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I've dated other races, and my parents have always been cool about it.

The girl's parents normally are a bit apprehensive at first, but once they meet you a couple of times and get to know you a bit I've never had any problems.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
irnie said:
i went out with a canadian guy and im an 'indian' gal... it's hard though, with the "forces" against you. if you know what i mean... his parents were somewhat religious and wouldn't have endorsed the idea of their son being with an indian and my parents would've shipped me back to the old country haha....

how can a relationship that you have to keep a secret last?

racial prejudices are alive and kickin guys...

we shouldn't have to still be living in a barrier with such cultural restraints and barriers.... it shouldnt matter what race or religion you are....

shouldnt the world accept that its about finding your 'soul mate' regardless of their race??
Parents who want their children to date/marry their own race should be shot, because THEY moved to Australia, a multicultural nation. Their children are Australian, and hence, they should date/marry other Australians if they wish (who may come from different backgrounds). If they wanted their children to date their own race, they shouldve stayed in the country they were from.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i know an egyptian girl who wnated to marry a pakistani guy
and in both cultures it wa svery important to marry their own
and they both kicked up a stink and said if u dont let us marry then we will never marry and bring shame to the family and shit
so eventually the parents got over it and they ar egettign married this saturday
how exciting

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
soha said:
i know an egyptian girl who wnated to marry a pakistani guy
and in both cultures it wa svery important to marry their own
and they both kicked up a stink and said if u dont let us marry then we will never marry and bring shame to the family and shit
so eventually the parents got over it and they ar egettign married this saturday
how exciting
Congratulations for them :)

I just hate that form of thinking "important to marry their own" - if in their own country then I can understand, but, when in Rome, do as the Romans do

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Minai said:
Congratulations for them :)

I just hate that form of thinking "important to marry their own" - if in their own country then I can understand, but, when in Rome, do as the Romans do
yeah i know what u mean
but there is still differences just because u live in oz doenst mean its not a big deal
there is language religon and culture differences withing australia

i dont agree with marrying "ur own'...i think its stupid to restrict people because after all we are all just PEOPLE..

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
soha said:
yeah i know what u mean
but there is still differences just because u live in oz doenst mean its not a big deal
there is language religon and culture differences withing australia

i dont agree with marrying "ur own'...i think its stupid to restrict people because after all we are all just PEOPLE..
says she that will only marry a muslim...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
twisted_emily said:
says she that will only marry a muslim...
err..a muslim is a religon
not a race
whats ur point?
a chinese japanese frensh russian african indian malaysian english or aborigine can be muslim
im not making a fuss about someone who is the same race as me..like lebanese..
no..i wnat and need someone who has and shares teh same faith as me..spirituality
there is a difference

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
twisted_emily said:
yeah but you said....
yes we are
but a religon makes a person
just because u are black or white
or u have different facial charasteristics or u were born in one country
thats not a reason to accept or deny someone based on their nationality
because we're all the same flesh..blood and bones..etc

but religon..is different..it makes a person..its moulds a person and id rather be with a religious person then one who isnot
and someone who is from my faith
get it get it ..go to it?

K

katie_tully

if i said you had a hairy upper lip, would you hold it against meeeeeee? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

philly17

I personally prefer other cultures, since i'm anglo I find anglo guys boring. I heaps prefer europeans/ lebanese in looks and cultural aspects ohhh and south americans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)