Introduce yourself, why not? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agua.fuego

HSC
Hi. Tash the girl.

• I go to Xavier, in Ballina (near Byron, if anyone needs to know: bout 30 - 45 mins away?)
  • Finally learning Spanish after about 16 years of enduring family conversations that I couldn't understand - half Chilean
  • Want to go to uni to do creative writing & law (btw, if anyone knows anyone who does it, is it any good??) so then I can go into print journalism without getting into anything with... well, whatever I write about. Then hopefully I'll start, finish, and publish a novel.
  • Aiming for a high UAI for reasons that are too long and complicated and really shouldn't be my reasoning behind my UAIness. But it is.
:wave:

schokman

HSC
Sarah182 said:
I'm Sarah, I attend Wollondilly Anglican College on a scholarship.
My best subjects are English and Maths.
I play guitar and, to me, music matters more than school.
When I leave I'd love to get into the music industry or sport medicine.
UAI aim is >90
Hey hey hey.. whaddya know.. I'm a Sarah too!! My oh my aren't we popular? :p
And even better.. I play guitar too!! (I have this beaut 12 String Alvarez Acoustic and we put a pickup in.. tis my baby :p I really wanna get a good 6 string acoustic w/ Pickup cause my 6 string Yamaha at the moment is ok for picking but not so great for stumming..and no pickup)
To me...music doesn't matter more than school >< But I still love it and do music in school anyway, so meh.
Sarah182 said:
I knew someone would ask that, in year 9 we had a horrible music teacher so I didnt do it in year 10.
I think I would have done really well in the practical part but I am behind on the theory.
Eerrkk.. I hate getting bad teachers.. I'm glad that I've got good ones this year :D We had quite a few people switch from Music 2 to Music 1 because they didn't like the teacher.. (and the amount of theory in Music 2).
I think I'll do ok in prac... but theory.. I'm not to sure about >< . I didn't do Music in 9 or 10 and I've never had guitar lessons or any music lessons (cept for when I was five and did piano for less than a year.. I didn't like the teacher and the theory so I didn't wanna do it anymore :p ) so I'm behind in theory too... I'll probably have to ask one of my friends if she can teach me theory during lunch or something..
In a way... doing Music at school(and theory) takes the fun and joy out of music.. cause your creating music when and because they tell you.. but so far things are ok and I still love Music :D

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
schokman said:
Hey hey hey.. whaddya know.. I'm a Sarah too!! My oh my aren't we popular? :p
And even better.. I play guitar too!! (I have this beaut 12 String Alvarez Acoustic and we put a pickup in.. tis my baby :p I really wanna get a good 6 string acoustic w/ Pickup cause my 6 string Yamaha at the moment is ok for picking but not so great for stumming..and no pickup)
To me...music doesn't matter more than school >< But I still love it and do music in school anyway, so meh.
Not trying to cause offence: I didn't know girls were interested in playing guitar. Maybe I am wrong.

By the way, what are your Preliminary subjects?

vasuu91

HSC
yo!
i'm in year 12 at william clarke college, kellyville
*curry*
in love with maths (i am unashamedly a maths nerd !!! :p)
extremely competitive, in a good way
love watching cricket
my ambition is to do something significant for underprivileged kids

schokman

HSC
lyounamu said:
Not trying to cause offence: I didn't know girls were interested in playing guitar. Maybe I am wrong.

By the way, what are your Preliminary subjects?
No offense taken :D But yeah.. girls are interested in playing the guitar.. I know plenty of girls who are INTERESTED in playing the guitar but they aren't interested enough to learn properly and practise :p hahahha I mean.. I do know a few girls in my grage who can play the guitar but some of them arent very into it...and only learnt the basic stuff..
Girls do play guitar.. but yeah I guess we're in a minority in comparison to the boys (I'm the only girl guitarist from my grade in my music class) though there's a couple of girl guitarists in the grade above...
But you know what's minority? Drummers! It sucks! There's hardly any drummers around my school (that I know of)! And that includes both boys and girls..but here again, boys are still in the majority..

My preliminary... I do Music 1, Drama, Ancient, Legal, Advanced Maths and Advanced English :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vasuu91 said:
yo!
*curry*
love watching cricket
Same here! Maths is my favourite subject and it will continue to be. I am thinking of becoming Mathematician (through Advanced Mathematics at USYD) or actuary (from Mac).

As a volunteer job, I would like to work for disabled, disadvantaged, non-English-speaking immigrants and other people who unfairly face injustice. Counsellor will be good too!!

Last edited:

vasuu91

HSC
lyounamu said:
Same here! Maths is my favourite subject and it will continue to be. I am thinking of becoming Mathematician (through Advanced Mathematics at USYD) or actuary (from Mac).

As a volunteer job, I would like to work for disabled, disadvantaged, non-English-speaking immigrants and other people who unfairly face injustice. Counsellor will be good too!!
yea me thinking of actuarial studies too!.... but i wouldnt be surprised if i end up in the humanities area coz of my love for legal studies and history, which would practically mean the end of maths in my life...nonetheless i'll ALWAYS love maths...its my stressbuster!!!!!

fjnpenguin

HSC
hi im Shaunak aka Shaun
i go to James Cook Boys Tech. HS in Kogarah
i live in kogarah
i'm in year 11 this year
i've been in Australia for over 7 years
i love playing soccer and cricket and on that note i like watching them too
oh yea yea i love food! :rolleyes:

jcurry

HSC
vasuu91 said:
yo!
*curry*
love watching cricket
lol thats my sir name
i go to terra sancta college, currently in year 12
play cricket and soccer
love the red hot chili peppers
and look in my sig for my subjects

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There's such thing as Catholic studies now? :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
It used to be there for quite a long time now. It is not HSC subject so you don't take HSC for it and doesn't go to UAI. Very pointless, I think. I would rather do SOR.

jcurry

HSC
lyounamu said:
It used to be there for quite a long time now. It is not HSC subject so you don't take HSC for it and doesn't go to UAI. Very pointless, I think. I would rather do SOR.
yes ofcourse that is my view aswell but i go to a catholic school and we have to do a religous subject, i chose to do the one that means nothing and therefore won't deter me away from my other subjects come hsc time

Aerath said:
yes dumbest subject ever brought on by the fascist catholics

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haha, even most Catholic schools don't make their students do "Catholic Studies" - they're usually forced into doing SoR. :)

TruBlu

HSC
Im a FOB by the name of Weiang,
I go 2 Sydney Boys HIgh SChool, In Surry HIlls.
Obviuosly Im gay AS i attend SBHS.
Am currently trying improve my grades for a Wii,
Live in teh Burwood
I like playing tennis. I r pro.

No current ambition in life.

adidasyeah

HSC
  • chatswood high..
  • year 11, 2008
  • reside in ewood
  • korean
  • my motivation seems to get lower everyday-_-
  • my parents(esp mum) are very pushy, so i have extra-curricula activities every single DAMN day..they may be the cause of my motivatiob downfall
  • I want to become an Interior Designer

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasyeah said:
  • chatswood high..
  • year 11, 2008
  • reside in ewood
  • korean
  • my motivation seems to get lower everyday-_-
  • my parents(esp mum) are very pushy, so i have extra-curricula activities every single DAMN day..they may be the cause of my motivatiob downfall
  • I want to become an Interior Designer
My school is close to Chatswood high!!!
Fellow Korean as well!!

What you got right there is very simiar to mine except the 3rd, 5th and the last point.

VenomP

HSC
Hey everyone

My name's James
I go to Riverview
I am in year 11
I live in Ryde
Love sport, especially basketball
Favourite subject is either maths or chinese

johony

HSC
Hello, I'm Johnny

• Born to Vietnamese parents
  • Going to Sydney Boys High
  • Year 11
  • Live in Georges Hall, which is out west somewhere.
  • I love sports, Rugby, Football, Tennis...Gaelic Football, you name it.
  • I do acting stuff, sometimes
  • Hope to be either a Journalist/Editor, Marketing, Advertising, something to do with communications/media/arts.
  • Fucken huge Prince fan. Kinda. Bigger fan of Pavement though.
  • Don't really have a favourite subject, kinda jaded with the whole idea of school atm.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What the hell is Gaelic football, Johnny? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)