IP- Did u devise it or Pick it up some place (1 Viewer)

Crowie

HSC
N/A
Hey all just curios with wat all u doing for the performers
who is devising a monologue from a play or writing there own or did u pick it up from the net or a book

i devised my from a play called equus just showing the journey of the character througout the play

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
I chose to self-devise mine cos I feel stup0id doing other peoples work and because of the great good monologue shortage that seems to hang around the interent and other places. Its a bit difficult to exlain the story but it is appartenly "piss funny"

HSC
im devising my own from a film. i was told to use a pre-made one but cause it would be easier but i couldnt find one that i liked. so yeah

Sar_28

HSC
performance

i chose mine from the play Arcadia coz i just couldnt be bothered devising my own coz i had no ideas.i have to alter the script entirely tho coz there are no monologues with my character.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Crowie said:
Hey all just curios with wat all u doing for the performers
who is devising a monologue from a play or writing there own or did u pick it up from the net or a book

i devised my from a play called equus just showing the journey of the character througout the play
I can't talk about mine because it's so fresh its got dew but people in my class who've self-devised theirs...they tend to suck. Fair enough, the actor may suit the character but the audience ends up in the position where they don't know who the character is.

Also, people who are doing straight scripts tend to not really care to much about the script.

franski

HSC
I self devised mine... with a lot of hard work... it took soo much brain power lol. an unlike what molly said about the devised's in his class, mine is acutally good! not that he can talk - he wasnt even at the last performance night! thinks hes too good for us....

ashg

HSC
Self-devised pieces

i wrote my own but its based on a true story and it does have direct quotes, so not completely self-devised. My performance is based on a fairly prominant event in past australian history, cant say however. Some girls in my class wanted to write their own, but for most of them it just didnt work- you have to be a very good writer and its hard to write one which makes complete sense to the audience if its not well-known. If you are to write your own, check with the teacher.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I chose mine from a book of monologues, but I've gotta add to it cos it's too short.

babywhitto

Well i just searched for some random monologues and i found one, then my teacher gave me a really similar one, so i added the two together...found another 2 really similar ones...and them...and thats how i got my performance!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
im doing a revised performance of The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe. ive had to go over and over it like a million times and its still too long and im afraid if i take too much out itll take away from the performance.... oh well.. i have to.....

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Gavrillo said:
I can't talk about mine because it's so fresh its got dew but people in my class who've self-devised theirs...they tend to suck. Fair enough, the actor may suit the character but the audience ends up in the position where they don't know who the character is.

Also, people who are doing straight scripts tend to not really care to much about the script.
i dont agree with that. theres a girl in my class who almost always writes her own stuff and theyre always soooo good... they usually have everyone in stitches. she just has a talent i guess.
and another girl wrote her own monologue last year and it was really really good and funny.

chibi_teazer

HSC
Mine is a mixture of my own devision... historic quotes... a play by Maxwell Anderson... from the movie of the play and bits and pieces that i wrote myself... in lots of cases you just can't come up with 8 minutes of monologue on your own... look at all options for the character you choose... like, if it was a real person find 'related texts' (damn i hate that word *twitch*) and see if you can incorporate bits n pieces from there. Or if they were a real person see if they ever wrote memoirs. If they weren't real, try to get into the cahracter and think like the character and once you're 'in the zone' you can pretty much think what the character might say. And the good thing about that, is that you have MORE of a connection to your script because it already has part of you in it.

erin88

San Diago which in german means a whales vagina
HSC
i found that with the 50 scripts i read through from other sources and the 5 that i wrote the best thing is to just find a concept that you like (for example from a movie) and write it to suit your acting style. which is what i did. i'm doing a random peice about a homeless woman which was a good concept but lacked "something" so i re-wrote it, got a friend in my class and my teacher to look over it and give me comments to improve it and now i have a kick ass script which i love because while it wasn't completely my idea it has my own personal touch. i don't know if that helps or not??? :-S good luck!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i hunted down the script for a play i saw in melb and fell in love with, i knew i was going to do it for HSC as soon as i saw it. it took me 3 months to find the script but i have never had second thoughts. its from bombshells with caroline o'connor and it is teh sex!

kimmi06

HSC
hey trend-setters! :wave: im HOPING to get my monologue from one that's already been created- not clever enough to devise my own hehe. :rofl: have been trying to get a copy of the book of monologues 'Bombshells' but nowhere seems to have a copy! :burn: If anyone has a copy of ANY of these monologues, can you please send them to me? (possibly all 6 if you're feeling generous...?) cheers

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
kimmi06 said:
hey trend-setters! :wave: im HOPING to get my monologue from one that's already been created- not clever enough to devise my own hehe. :rofl: have been trying to get a copy of the book of monologues 'Bombshells' but nowhere seems to have a copy! :burn: If anyone has a copy of ANY of these monologues, can you please send them to me? (possibly all 6 if you're feeling generous...?) cheers
lol i have the book...when i get some more time on the weekend i'll try and type up a few of them for you. most bookstores will order it in for you, thats how i got it.

oh and to answer the thread: I'm basing my IP on a character from a play (cant write my own, not that talented). most of my script is reworked dialogue from that and some of my own stuff.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
Performing Arts Bookstore on Pitt St is where da party at, yall.

Geee Uniiiiiiiiit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)