IP- Did u devise it or Pick it up some place (1 Viewer)

kimmi06

HSC
OoOoOo this news excites me!!! So do you reckon I could pick it up there? Cause I'm willing to drive to Sydney! lol. I contacted a local bookstore and they can get it in for me, but it'll take THREE weeks! Waaaaaay to long to wait. Might give them a ring now actually. Peace out dreamers :wave:

HSC
tako said:
Performing Arts Bookstore on Pitt St is where da party at, yall.

Geee Uniiiiiiiiit.

Hey where bouts in Pitt St is it? And whats it called?????????

kimmi06

HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
Hey where bouts in Pitt St is it? And whats it called?????????
It's called the Performing Arts Bookshop, and you'll find it on...
Level 3, Pilgrim House
262 Pitt Street in Sydney
. If you want the contact number, its (02) 9267 2257. Hope this helps! Oh, and btw, I FOUND MY MONOLOGUE! I'm so stoked...remember I was looking for the book Bombshells? Well I finally got it, and I'm doing the Theresa McTerry one- about the bride. So happy! :)

lassssa

HSC
kimmi06 said:
It's called the Performing Arts Bookshop, and you'll find it on...
Level 3, Pilgrim House
262 Pitt Street in Sydney
. If you want the contact number, its (02) 9267 2257. Hope this helps! Oh, and btw, I FOUND MY MONOLOGUE! I'm so stoked...remember I was looking for the book Bombshells? Well I finally got it, and I'm doing the Theresa McTerry one- about the bride. So happy! :)
lol i think Bombshells is going to be a popular one this year, so many people ive spoken to are doing it, im doing Theresa McTerry to, shes great.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lassssa said:
lol i think Bombshells is going to be a popular one this year, so many people ive spoken to are doing it, im doing Theresa McTerry to, shes great.
yep, one of my friends is doing the mother one, and shes going so well atm. it really suits her performance style. i considered the cactus monologue for a little bit but i had a feeling lots of people were going to do bombshells, so...yeah. but its a brilliant play.

ladyknight

HSC
I adapted a monologue from 'Wolf Lullaby' by Hilary Bell- based on cases like Mary Bell, Jeffrey Dahmer and James Bulger... actually I had to scrap most of Bell's original content for my own which led me to a mountain of more research into the darker side of humanity- it was way too involved originally, and I didn't have enough time to include everything.

It ended up working really well, I reckon- alot more original and non teen-angsty than lots of the ready scripts I saw. Alot of pressure to get the script perfect though.

I love freaking an audience to slam them out of mindless complacency, don't you? :D

Last edited:

Lord Benvolio

HSC
I'm devising mine from The Importance of being Earnest by Oscar Wilde cause My Drama teacher says I'm good at 'comedy of manners". Eh. Wilde was a naughty boy.

lgavin

HSC
about these bombshell pieces whats so good about them?
how long do they go for?

kimmi06

HSC
lgavin said:
about these bombshell pieces whats so good about them?
how long do they go for?
They're just really original and clever (I personally think) and they're specifically for females performing. Also, they all go for around 8-15 (or more I guess) minutes, so you don't have to add your own work if you don't want to, to get the time up. I was practising recently and it took me 16 minutes with my monologue, so I actually have to cut it down! (Not that I'm complaining)....oh and everyone, I haven't been keeping my drama journal up to date and it's getting checked by my teacher today... :eek: oh god...lol my own fault though. *shakes head*

georgiarae

HSC
i took mine from a book... 'the vagina monologues'... then i sort of moved it around a bit, and changed it...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
okay could i just ask a question here. um i found out through another source yesterday that the piece my friend is doing (the mother from bombshells) was done at onstage the year before last. im wondering whether thats going to affect her mark in any way? like will the markers get iffy because its been done? im debating whether or not to tell her because i know she will stress out and worry so im only going to say something if it will definitely have an effect on her mark. i feel a bit guilty because i recommended it to her and probably should have checked beforehand. oops.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
okay could i just ask a question here. um i found out through another source yesterday that the piece my friend is doing (the mother from bombshells) was done at onstage the year before last. im wondering whether thats going to affect her mark in any way? like will the markers get iffy because its been done? im debating whether or not to tell her because i know she will stress out and worry so im only going to say something if it will definitely have an effect on her mark. i feel a bit guilty because i recommended it to her and probably should have checked beforehand. oops.
im not sure, but i dnt think this will change her mark, i was talkn to my teacher cause my monologue was similiar to sum1's on onstage and she said think about how many ppl are going to be doing hsc performance like there is a high chance that ppl will be doing similiar stuff as u and if not the same monologues, just make sure she adapts it and maybe try performing it in a different way

butterflyxx

HSC
Hey, i haven't found a monologue and i was wondering if you guys could tell me where i could look for a good one?

Thanks!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
butterflyxx said:
Hey, i haven't found a monologue and i was wondering if you guys could tell me where i could look for a good one?

Thanks!
where have you looked so far? there are quite a few good monologue books out there, your school library should have some, as should your local library...other than that look for plays, films, books with characters that interest you and build your performance from there. No matter what you choose you'll have to refine it and adapt it into a coherent performance; there are very few whole pieces that run for as long as six to eight minutes. What kind of character are you interested in playing? i would steer right away from net monologues, frankly most of them are shit, good ones are rare. the only thing you can really do is just to read widely until you find what you're interested in. read a lot of things before you settle on your final choice; looking back i dont think i read enough scripts because i keep seeing pieces i really like but cant do becuase its a bit late to change pieces now after months of work. so yeah dont fall into that "quick quick must find a monologue" trap. good luck!

greenapple^0^

HSC
well i'm so fucked as i'm writing my own and i had other subjects to worry about that i totally forgot it about it.... well my damn drama teacher who isn't a much help at all is telling me to do my own language as english isn't my first language.. and that they will mark me down if i say stuff wrong..
i am just soo stressing out already with my school work~ god damn it i just want this be done and over it and it would so great if my drama teacher isn't such an shithead...he is really getting in to my nerves!!!:burn:
and i have to performace soon and i'm just fucked..i really can't be bothered i'm worried but at the same time i'm too relaxed what the hell..:burn:
i am sooo goin crazy.. anyone has same problem as me~?

butterflyxx

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
where have you looked so far? there are quite a few good monologue books out there, your school library should have some, as should your local library...other than that look for plays, films, books with characters that interest you and build your performance from there. No matter what you choose you'll have to refine it and adapt it into a coherent performance; there are very few whole pieces that run for as long as six to eight minutes. What kind of character are you interested in playing? i would steer right away from net monologues, frankly most of them are shit, good ones are rare. the only thing you can really do is just to read widely until you find what you're interested in. read a lot of things before you settle on your final choice; looking back i dont think i read enough scripts because i keep seeing pieces i really like but cant do becuase its a bit late to change pieces now after months of work. so yeah dont fall into that "quick quick must find a monologue" trap. good luck!
Hey thanks alot!

I went to 'Girls' world of Theatre' website or something and there were a few funny ones. But quite unoriginal. I dunno, i was doing promotion and then my drama teacher told me to think about doing performance so now, i'm so doomed. I'm stuck with promotion so i think performance would be easier. But man, i might have to devise it. And it's gotta be 'OnStage' material! NOOOOOOOOO. Anyway yeh.. i'll go to libraries and have a look. Problem is, i dunno what i can act out and what i can't. I'm scared it's too late and i haven't done a thing! Stuck with promotion and now stuck with performance. :mad1:

butterflyxx

HSC
greenapple^0^ said:
well i'm so fucked as i'm writing my own and i had other subjects to worry about that i totally forgot it about it.... well my damn drama teacher who isn't a much help at all is telling me to do my own language as english isn't my first language.. and that they will mark me down if i say stuff wrong..
i am just soo stressing out already with my school work~ god damn it i just want this be done and over it and it would so great if my drama teacher isn't such an shithead...he is really getting in to my nerves!!!:burn:
and i have to performace soon and i'm just fucked..i really can't be bothered i'm worried but at the same time i'm too relaxed what the hell..:burn:
i am sooo goin crazy.. anyone has same problem as me~?
Hey, it's okay. I have problems too. I have 3 major works due in a matter of weeks and i habven't even done 2. I'm so effed. But look on the bright side! There's always a solution if you look for one and not just go on and on and on about how you're gonna 'fail' and stuff. And also, start looking and stop procrastinating. And yes, that's what i'm gonna start doing. I've been procrastinating for the past 5 months and wasting all this time.

Best of luck!

lyndell002

HSC
hey i devised my own drama IP performance because the idea that i wanted 2 create didnt have any material... so i wrote it myself- whether its good or not is another story hehe

butterflyxx

HSC
i dunno what to do. i bought a monologue book and most of them are good. i wanna do something funny and melodramatic but i dunno how to make changes with it. i haven't even chosen one yet actually. but yeh anyone have any tips?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)