iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S II? (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If you're at the front of the queue for Iphone 5 keep in mind those at the back are lining up for iphone 6. The iphones have a built-in obsoleteness which means you'll end up buying the next version after barely a year.
If this is true for Apple, it is just as true for every other phone company you dolt

Get whatever you can get for cheaper, you won't notice any difference

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If you're at the front of the queue for Iphone 5 keep in mind those at the back are lining up for iphone 6. The iphones have a built-in obsoleteness which means you'll end up buying the next version after barely a year.
Same can be said about any tech.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG I asked this exact question on fb 3 days ago when my iPhone 3G died (randomly just died and wont turn on... r.i.p. 3 yeard old phone :cry: ) anyway, I'm probably going to wait for iPhone 5, cbf with android, find it lameeeeeeeee because I've only used it for about 15 minutes collectively while checking out my friends' phones.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I enjoy doing whatever the fuck I want with my phone. Hence why I avoided Apple like the plague. I also don't suck cock so the Galaxy was the easy choice.

HSC
galaxy s2 came out a year after iphone 4.
galaxy s vs iphone 4 would be a fair fight.
iphone4 feels like a toy compared the the s2
but the s2 feels like a tablet too, my hands are pretty big and it was too big, too skinny and too light
apple os is for babbys too

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
android piece of shit virus heavy buggy os for cheapskates

you are obviously poor and thus you should not get anything made by apple

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want speeeeeed defs Galaxy s 2 (dual core)..... I've got the 1 and 2, The 1 is better than the iphone 4 in terms of speed however you're able to get more apps and whatever on the iphone. Looks i'd say it depends on person , the galaxy s 2/1 is colossal in comparison to the iphone and as someone mentioned above it feels a bit weird since it's so big O.O........

Both are great phones tbh.... the numbers proove it... (I prefer galaxy S though since im a Korean nationalist and we heart out samsung products so much <3<3)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I agree..I mean the Galaxy SII is a very beautiful phone, ive got a friend who recently bought one and its really really nice. But it is too big..its massive...if you look at it from a distance, it almost looks as big as the Galaxy Tab haha. Oh gosh...galaxy tab...ive got one, i prefer the iPad.
Anyway back to phones...Yeah, i mean i <3 Samsung products. My dad has the Galaxy S and it tends to lag a lot. He needed to get a few software upgrades to get the phone running at its normal speed again..the phone just kinda froze. So I was worried that the Galaxy SII may have the same problem.??

mirakon

nigga
HSC
not really m8. the ip3gs is still a perfectly good phone which can support ios4 (same as ip4). only difference between it and the ip4 is the camera and resolution.
2+ years old and still being able to perform most of the functions of ip4 and compatible with all the apps sounds like a pretty good lifespan to me.

but if you are just the average user who wants a phone that just works, is simple to use, heaps of apps and no.1 customer support get the iphone.

e.g. my iphone broke a few days ago (button got jammed), i walk into an apple store in doncaster and they take one look at it and i walk out with a brand new phone no questions asked. whole encounter took less than 5 minutes.

i would probably wait for iphone 5 though cuz the iphone 4 is already over a year old and has already probably lived out half its life span.
Yeah true but I'm not saying they're susceptible to break, I'm saying they hold back certain features they could have in the current generation to put it into the next one just to make people buy the next one.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
every one who has a phone should get a matte screen protector for it. they are so good. no smudges, smooth and reduce reflections.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll get the iPhone 5 only because I already have a bunch of apps, which would go to waste if I didn't have a device to use them on.

yourbro

HSC
I'd get the iPhone 5 if I didn't already have an iPhone 4.
The iPhone 5 is rumoured to come out on October 15th, 5 days after the new release of the iOS 5, possibly the best thing to happen in Apple.
We know that raking out close to over $1000 for a new iPhone ever year is so stressful, but this iPhone 5 release will change the game of selling phones as Apple always have.
The iPhone is the most popular phone on the market, and it's no surprise when you see the amount of Apps there are available. It's true that the iPhone 4's camera isn't the best, however the current rumour's of the iPhone 5's features include:
a slightly larger screen, keeping up with the android with screen sizes
a video camera that has the ability to shoot 1080p video
much more simpler software all together with the notification centre

It all matters on personal opinion, but having also the ability with the new iOS 5 software to sync an iPhone without plugging your phone into a computer I think is fantastic.
You can sync new songs to your phone anywhere in the house.
And also like Blackberry with their BBM, Apple will release iMessage with the new software
This new feature will push Apple even further away from their competitors, it will be a long time before any phone can really compete with Apple.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I5 also might have this revolutionary thing that other competitors have had for a few years now.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
they've always been playing catch up and have finally caught up now that they have multitasking, notifications, decent camera etc. dont see what else android has that apple doesnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)