ipod - worth it? (1 Viewer)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
why get a pda for net access?? Isnt that a bit pointless?

agrees with templar...get a belkin battery extender for your ipod and you get an extra 15-20 hours on top of what ever you get for an ipod ( 8 hours was the longets I have had my going for non-stop-long bus trip- and it still had power). The belkin extender snap neatly on the back!! Perfect accessory for my card reader!

HSC
i bought my ipod in may, $400 for 15gb and it was just standard, no dock or remote, but i like it, i dont need any dock or remote, really dock does sfa, you might be amazed by it for a week then you wont give a shit

remote might come in handy, but i mean i keep my ipod in my shirt pocked so its not that far to move to change songs

i really like my ipod, i use it daily, i have used up 15gb quiet fast, i thought 15gb will b e the most amount, until iwent too a lan and my mp3 collection grew to about 30gb :D

I personally love music, keeps me calm and clears my mind, but i dont regret buying it, i just regret not having a case, mines a tad scratched :(

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
if i can get a 40gb for about $40 more than a 20gb, should i get it? Bearing in mind that it's slightly heavier and thicker?

I'm getting it through my uncle and i told him 40gb so i hope i've made the right call (at first i won't be using more than 20gb of space)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Who needs an iPOD when you have an 80gig tablet PC?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
i love my ipod so much, it's saved my life on many a train trip, modern class or insomniac night. i'm the type who takes twenty-five cds along and then doesn't want to listen to them so having 900 songs at my fingertips is great.

plus it's a great icebreaker.

hot guy on train: hey wow, is that an ipod mini?

me: yep. cool hey?

hgot: yeah they're mad, i really want one. what u listening to?

ok admittedly he was into NWA and wouldn't have known the postal service if they'd bitten him on the arse (not that they would), but it's just an example. :D

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
If you ask me, Id wait a while. MP3 players are gunna get better and cheaper. While Ipods are good, its only a matter of time before better versions come out which hold more and a way cheaper! Thats my prediction anywayz

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Benovista said:
If you ask me, Id wait a while. MP3 players are gunna get better and cheaper. While Ipods are good, its only a matter of time before better versions come out which hold more and a way cheaper! Thats my prediction anywayz
There is always something better to come out. Nothing digital that you get now will ever be tops =|

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
welshi said:
i love my ipod so much, it's saved my life on many a train trip, modern class or insomniac night. i'm the type who takes twenty-five cds along and then doesn't want to listen to them so having 900 songs at my fingertips is great.

plus it's a great icebreaker.

hot guy on train: hey wow, is that an ipod mini?

me: yep. cool hey?

hgot: yeah they're mad, i really want one. what u listening to?

ok admittedly he was into NWA and wouldn't have known the postal service if they'd bitten him on the arse (not that they would), but it's just an example. :D
hahahahahah, did you get his number? ;)

i love my ipod mini too, saves me from boredom everyday, though i haven't had any hot guys complimenting on it yet :p

theone123

blue essence
HSC
if you get a ipod mini overseas like china or indonesia, how much approx. can you buy one in Aus $?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Benovista said:
yes it happen to my digicam, i bought it like $500 5 months later same model for only $300

HSC
golfstick said:
if i can get a 40gb for about $40 more than a 20gb, should i get it? Bearing in mind that it's slightly heavier and thicker?

I'm getting it through my uncle and i told him 40gb so i hope i've made the right call (at first i won't be using more than 20gb of space)
its only about 30g or so heavier, and like a few mm thicker, i wouldnt be worried

Benovista said:
if youre going to wait for technology, then youll be waiting forever :uhhuh:
the only real reason to wait is if there's a jump in technology, ie. i bought my gen 3 ipod about 1 week before gen4 came out, because the price dropped alot

theone123 said:
if you get a ipod mini overseas like china or indonesia, how much approx. can you buy one in Aus $?
my mate went to singapore and the ipod was same price, the japanese class went to japan and told me its same price there too, i have no idea on china on indonesia but ill assume its the same

fatmuscle

HSC
i got a 20Gb ipod for a present (thanks to my hun), and i'm loving it!

the only piece of apple i own

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
[/QUOTE]my mate went to singapore and the ipod was same price, the japanese class went to japan and told me its same price there too, i have no idea on china on indonesia but ill assume its the same[/QUOTE]

hey Casmira when'd ur mate go to Singapore, coz i got a relo whos going to be in Singapore in a few weeks an im hoping the price is cheaper over there for the mini ipod...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol i thought singapore would be cheaper ... its not ... its usually more expensive

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
My bro bought a 20gb 3rd gen ipod when it came out for about $400 and its pretty good. Other than its simplicity and mp3 usage, its great as an external hard drive.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Benovista said:
Your prediction? I think it's inevitable

but as someone mentioned, with technology, there is never a good time to buy.

j.u.l.i.e

u guys gotta know how to buy the asian way
i say HAGGLE and stand there until u get the bast possible price
coz the shops up price everything heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)