Ipt 2014 (1 Viewer)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
do u have to remember that writing around the sides or just whats in the shapes?
You don't have to remember the writing around the sides, that is personal reference for myself. But that diagram is just the framework of what is fundamentally the communication systems topic

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
The diagram has been asked in 2011 multiple choice. So it's better to remember it.
You also had to know the diagram decently well for a 3 mark question in the 2010 HSC short answers, it was also incorporated into the 2014 CSSA Trial

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Btw, one question :). Do they provide us space to write for Q 21 22 23 or we write it in a writing booklet?

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
Looking at the paper I would assume booklets as they haven't provided any space.

HSC
Mr.Brightside notes is amazing !!!

I hate DSS and Multimedia because they ask direct questions like (what is expert system and etc)...

do u guys think this year paper would be difficult

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Mr.Brightside notes is amazing !!!

I hate DSS and Multimedia because they ask direct questions like (what is expert system and etc)...

do u guys think this year paper would be difficult
I find them to be pretty good sections really because what they ask is straight forward. Like for the question what is an expert system all you have to write is

"An expert system is a decision support system that simulates the knowledge of a human expert to reach expert level decisions that would otherwise not be possible without an expert present. Utilizing a knowledge base, inference engine and database of facts to assist in the decision making process" - There you go... 2 marks in your HSC exam that easily. It's the weirdly worded communication systems questions that scare me

and yes, i have the feeling that this years paper is going to be hard.

HSC
I find them to be pretty good sections really because what they ask is straight forward. Like for the question what is an expert system all you have to write is

"An expert system is a decision support system that simulates the knowledge of a human expert to reach expert level decisions that would otherwise not be possible without an expert present. Utilizing a knowledge base, inference engine and database of facts to assist in the decision making process" - There you go... 2 marks in your HSC exam that easily. It's the weirdly worded communication systems questions that scare me

and yes, i have the feeling that this years paper is going to be hard.
In, IPT would you be able to take the paper with u ? like english

and if last year paper was hard then, 2012 paper should be difficult.

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
In, IPT would you be able to take the paper with u ? like english

and if last year paper was hard then, 2012 paper should be difficult.
yeah i'd think you will be able to take the paper with you. So we can all laugh at how easy it was or cry about how it was the 2009 Independent Trial all over again

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
What. Are you allowed to do that. My school just took every papers back.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
as a past hsc students..

anytips you could give for studying IPT.
Practice, practice , practice doing questions . (Esp the 6-9 markers)

Also make sure you are familiar with the context, dfd etc

Know your content and be able to apply those concepts !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)