Ipt 2014 (1 Viewer)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Well, taking into consideration that we are going to do the exam in about 12 hours. I think going over notes should be the best advice to give. Don't do past paper questions, you don't want to overload k. Are you doing the IPT exam? It says you're sitting the HSC in 2016?

Jarp im doing accelerated IPT this year so yeah im technically in year 12 for IPT so im taking the test tomorrow just like you.

ok ill go over notes sounds good. ergg i hope it doesnt get harder this year than the past papers!!

CanU_Not

HSC
True, but sometimes my elementary knowledge doesnt want to be part of the huge amount of IPT syllabus crap, and i end up writing about 'sleep deprivation caused by holegraphic messages because people would call each other randomly in the middle of the night.' wrote that in my trials and still got a mark somehow.
Always try to related something to emergency services haha. I remember writing something about holograms being good for doctors to communicate to people in dire situations such as a woman spontaneously giving birth (lol) and got full marks. And a technical negative could be malfunctioning/ lag/ storage AND privacy of the individual and security of the information. (Can't remember exact wording soz) But in all srs, the questions that ask "What are the future implications/ potentials of this new and dazzling technology" are really just 7 easy bs marks lol.

Definitely, Automated Manufacturing Systems URGHHH
Whaaaa-?
I would have killed (ok, not srs) to have done AMS instead of TOS asdlfkjdsa.

Also if you dislike databases you are going to have fun learning all about this cancerous thing

HAHAHA AND THE OSI MODEL SDLFKDJSDF. I used to get so confused on which level all the data packets/ whatever SSL was (forgot lewl) operated on because it appeared in like... 2 layers. My teacher never really taught it to us properly lol. (becos she didn't fully understand)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
You can still do 4U maths when you're Yr 12 so dw. If you stuff this one. Other 10 units will save you. (maybe)
AHAHAHAHAHAHA 4U maths?!! definitely not

but yeah i got more units to spare :) i just had no other subjects to prepare for this year so i dont wont to stuff up this chance. anyway thanks all you people for helping with questions and whatnots. greatly appreciated :D

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Jarp im doing accelerated IPT this year so yeah im technically in year 12 for IPT so im taking the test tomorrow just like you.

ok ill go over notes sounds good. ergg i hope it doesnt get harder this year than the past papers!!
Notes = nope
It's better to check the past paper now so that you are familiar with the type of question. They want to seek how you apply your knowledge into the situation given in the question.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
wait which level breaks up into data packets, application or cc&a ???
Application. CCA uses TCP/IP to establish communication through handshaking (TCP) and determine the address of the receiver (IP) in hand with performing encryption/decryption if necessary. The source completes the process of packet assembly

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
errr thats a hard one. Its on the edge of the two layers, because in control and addressing the packets are wrapped in protocols, and descend the stack, but application layer gets it ready for the destination app. I watched a video and it said that everything in the application layer is what people SEE, so that would mean anything packet related is in the control addressing

hope that helps!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Application. CCA uses TCP/IP to establish communication through handshaking and determine the address of the recover in hand with performing encryption/decryption if necessary. The source completes the process of packet assembly
oh oops

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Notes = nope
It's better to check the past paper now so that you are familiar with the type of question. They want to seek how you apply your knowledge into the situation given in the question.
ive actually done every single BOS past paper and a bit of the Ruse, but becasue my school didnt have any independent papers so i didnt get those. Im actually ok with the questions they ask i think... except for critically evaluate and sometimes analyse... like UGH.
but yeah. like right before the test (2 hrs before) like on the bus and at school, what do you do? still notes or relax or past paper questions?

sorry so many quetions!!!

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
ive actually done every single BOS past paper and a bit of the Ruse, but becasue my school didnt have any independent papers so i didnt get those. Im actually ok with the questions they ask i think... except for critically evaluate and sometimes analyse... like UGH.
but yeah. like right before the test (2 hrs before) like on the bus and at school, what do you do? still notes or relax or past paper questions?

Why do past papers right before the exam? You're supposed to do those way before, and gain a thorough understanding on the types of question (I think we should all be aware of by now) they ask, and how to approach different questions. Notes would be the best way in to get that knowledge that is needed to answer the questions, into your head. Honestly, past papers before the exam depends on the individual, I recommend going through light notes before the exam, and do your best in the exam. Good luck tomorrow, and I hope they don't pull any nasty questions out on us!

P.S. Half an hour before the exam, relax and get focused, don't cram. :)

Last edited:

CanU_Not

HSC

Depends, are you one of those people who like to cram and retain crammed stuff + studied stuff? Or are you more likely to work yourself into a panic attack if you read last minute notes?

General rule of thumb, never study 10 minutes before exams. Also, last year they dragged us into yoga so haha maybe they'll make you do the same xD

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Depends, are you one of those people who like to cram and retain crammed stuff + studied stuff? Or are you more likely to work yourself into a panic attack if you read last minute notes?

General rule of thumb, never study 10 minutes before exams. Also, last year they dragged us into yoga so haha maybe they'll make you do the same xD
oh yeah i remember that. I think ms achele did that... well now i guess that wont happen :(

ok thank you all! i think ill do some note reading and yeah im ok with the questions i think! prolly gonna sleep now hehe

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW. IM SURE WE'LL DO FINE!!

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
oh yeah i remember that. I think ms achele did that... well now i guess that wont happen :(

ok thank you all! i think ill do some note reading and yeah im ok with the questions i think! prolly gonna sleep now hehe

Night and good luck.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC

I promise Speed6 to get state rank and beat Ruse kids.

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Application. CCA uses TCP/IP to establish communication through handshaking (TCP) and determine the address of the receiver (IP) in hand with performing encryption/decryption if necessary. The source completes the process of packet assembly
okay thanks but also in the creation of packets the sending address is put in the head so if this is done on the application level why is the address determined in the next level? I confused the crap out of myself haha

oh wait packets can be wrapped with multiple layers of headers and trailers all good

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck guys. I remember when I sat my exam in 05 and everyone left early except me. They all said it was easy but I thought it was okay (not hard but not as easy as everyone made it out to be). I had a few multiple choice that I wasn't 100% sure on and probably over analysed (something about purple but can't remember now). Point I'm trying to make here is don't worry too much about how others find the exam. Just write what you can and try to articulate the points in a practical manner.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Does MP decides your band if you get 80 marks for Q 22 23 24 and optional Qs ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)