Ipt 2014 (1 Viewer)

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Guys, I want to know how much writing we have to write for one question. For a 3 marks questions, do we have write like 3 4 short paragraphs or 1-2 is enough ?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Honestly, i am not scared of the exam myself as long as they don't throw any low balls. By low balls i mean questions asking me to do things such as describing the characteristics of a certain file type or protocol i have never heard of or asking me how images are displayed on a CRT monitor

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Just throw straight down the middle and ask data dictionaries, data views, protocols, social and ethical issues, project management tools + techniques, data conversion... just make it as easy as the other HSC exams please

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
The sample answers on the BOS got lots of detail on 1 question. Sometimes they write about thing that I didn't even think about it at first.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I like the amount of detail they go into in the sample answers, they help me pick up important things i may be able to include in questions that often come up in other papers. Such as when defining an expert system, to mention the components of the system in order to ensure you get the marks, or using examples to re-enforce your response

HSC
Just throw straight down the middle and ask data dictionaries, data views, protocols, social and ethical issues, project management tools + techniques, data conversion... just make it as easy as the other HSC exams please
Amen..

HSC
I like the amount of detail they go into in the sample answers, they help me pick up important things i may be able to include in questions that often come up in other papers. Such as when defining an expert system, to mention the components of the system in order to ensure you get the marks, or using examples to re-enforce your response
Thats true. I was just doing 2012,

and there was question, "How dose a customer have access to a online bookstore"

I would say "The customer would need a laptop or desktop with an included ethernet cable access or wireless internet card, but also a connection with internet"

but the sample would say

"an ISP connection , cable/wireless to connect the computer to ISP, interface card, browser software, security
software. "

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Thats true. I was just doing 2012,

and there was question, "How dose a customer have access to a online bookstore"

I would say "The customer would need a laptop or desktop with an included ethernet cable access or wireless internet card, but also a connection with internet"

but the sample would say

"an ISP connection , cable/wireless to connect the computer to ISP, interface card, browser software, security
software. "
I would answer that question through mentally breaking down hardware and software, then just putting it into a paragraph

In order to connect to the online bookstore the customer would require a physical PC or smart device with the necessary operating system software installed. Additionally requiring a NIC (Network Interface Card) being wired or wireless dependent on the nature of system use, if wired connection is used physical network cabling such as fiber optic or twisted pair will be required. The software of device drivers and an internet browser to connect to the website will be moreover required by this system. A modem moreover enabling signals to be sent between the transmitter and receiver.

Well i need sleep badly wow.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
guy's just asking if any1 of u r gonna sell ur notes on BOS after HSC?
i would if i could, but i can't so i shan't. its just all my notes are on paper, and i cant be bothered to scan them in... if someone else wants to, ill be happy to give them to you!
some great resources are: mr brightside's notes some where on these forums(some of them are a bit crap because they're ripped off the excel book and they're really short but they are neatly summarised)
wikibooks - they fill in all the gaps!! All the info you DONT see covered in Sammy's or Excel books.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Just checked the arc.bos thing and I found some sample respond for 2010 question. The guy answered the whole question in 2 pages while the sample answer from BOSTES did it 3-4 pages

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
i hate it in communication systems when they ask you to explain how 'the message is split into packets and sent and then resassebmled at the destination' for 3 marks. I have no idea how to write that without making my answer last 3 pages...

Chupchup

HSC
i hate it in communication systems when they ask you to explain how 'the message is split into packets and sent and then resassebmled at the destination' for 3 marks. I have no idea how to write that without making my answer last 3 pages...
Yup! Communications Framework AHAAHAH

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I remember that question. Think of it this way

Application Level
File is created by source
File goes through the process of packet assembly being encapsulated in a header and a trailer, establishing necessary transmission protocols (HTTP, SSL) and error detection methods
Sent to the modem through the communication control and addressing level

Communication, Control and Addressing level
In this level the communication with the receiver is established and maintained, through the protocol of TCP/IP
TCP Performs the process of handshaking, agreeing on transmission protocols and error detection methods whilst deciding on how long the transmission with remain open and closing the transmission when necessary.
IP determines the address of the receiver and routes of necessary packets, in hand with managing the actual routing of data to the receiver

Transmission Level
Packets are modulated from digital to analogue data to be send over a wired or wireless transmission medium such as a copper coaxial cable or satellite microwave medium. The modem additionally determining the size and speed of packets
The analogue data packets will be sent through the switching and routing stage in which they will be switched and routed to the receiver as necessary
Packets are demodulated by the receiver modem, through the process of demodulation, turning the analogue signals back into digital signals to be interpreted by the destination

Communication, Control and Addressing Level
TCP/IP Acknowledges that the data has been sent and closes the connection. Process of decryption occurs in this stage if necessary

Destination
Process of packet reassembly occurs in which packets are reorganized into the original data block, error checking methods undertaken in order to determine the successful transfer of the message.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
thanks katsumi!

Yeah i just read the ARC versions of that question and i start to wonder how they got band 5/6... most of them reworded the question. But if i have time, i think ill be alright with writing tons. It was one of those questions that you know how to answer but then you leave answering it to the end anyway.

Also WTF with data flow datagrams!
I learnt in school to do questions with sooo much detail - drawing ALL 7 processes. But then it turns out they dont want the circles to be labelled with process but want some large mega-process like 'online ticket ordering' which has about 3 processes in it altogether! (collecting analysing and storing/retrieving!)

arggg what are you meant to do, the small baby DFDs or nice juicy proper ones?!

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
thanks katsumi!

Yeah i just read the ARC versions of that question and i start to wonder how they got band 5/6... most of them reworded the question. But if i have time, i think ill be alright with writing tons. It was one of those questions that you know how to answer but then you leave answering it to the end anyway.

Also WTF with data flow datagrams!
I learnt in school to do questions with sooo much detail - drawing ALL 7 processes. But then it turns out they dont want the circles to be labelled with process but want some large mega-process like 'online ticket ordering' which has about 3 processes in it altogether! (collecting analysing and storing/retrieving!)

arggg what are you meant to do, the small baby DFDs or nice juicy proper ones?!
Sounds like a level 3 DFD. The syllabus requires students to know level 1 DFD. Level 2 and 3 are not necessarily required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)