IPT Scaling (1 Viewer)

only me

HSC
Does anyone know how much will a bad class affect my UAI?? I'm getting band 5/6's in my assessments and exams (and prob in HSC) while the rest of my class (14 boys) are getting mostly below 50%. I can't do much to raise their marks.

Should I be worried?

Thanks

xFusion

HSC
Does anyone know how much will a bad class affect my UAI?? I'm getting band 5/6's in my assessments and exams (and prob in HSC) while the rest of my class (14 boys) are getting mostly below 50%. I can't do much to raise their marks.

Should I be worried?

Thanks
lol same boat. i dunno about this.. i've heard of "when everyone does good you all do good"
but my class is pretty much your class.. a bit better though XD
something you can do is make them drop it :haha:

passwordisasdf

HSC
i must say, last year (preliminary ipt) we got almost impossible assignments and hellish exams. We were handed a past hsc paper and we were waiting for them to tell us that they were joking. the stuff we got last year was at least 5 times harder. This year - IMPOSSIBLE ASSIGNMENTS, impending 1/2 yearlys set by school. not happy. i have been spending hours on this subject wasted my f -ing summer hols working on some massive database. grrr
and it will just scale like shit and my mark will be low because of the impossible nature of assignments and below average candidates in the course

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i must say, last year (preliminary ipt) we got almost impossible assignments and hellish exams. We were handed a past hsc paper and we were waiting for them to tell us that they were joking. the stuff we got last year was at least 5 times harder. This year - IMPOSSIBLE ASSIGNMENTS, impending 1/2 yearlys set by school. not happy. i have been spending hours on this subject wasted my f -ing summer hols working on some massive database. grrr
and it will just scale like shit and my mark will be low because of the impossible nature of assignments and below average candidates in the course
yeah basically. at least u know.

helper

HSC
N/A
Was listening to a mathematician who was talking about UAI scaling and the abnomality of Computing Studies courses. The scaling factor of a subject is based on the average of the other subjects that each student does. Most computing courses it appears the students study hard and go well but don't work as hard for the other subjects. This means the computer studies subjects are scaled lower and the other subjects up in comparison.

HSC
it has better scaling compared to senior science and also depends how you do in the subject for a reasonably good scaling

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
hey.....to everyone that does IPT....is it true that IPT will scale u DOWN unless u get a really high mark above 90 or something???

i heard that yesterday and i was like :eek: NO WAAYYYY!!!

please tell....its making me lose confidence and motivation, knowing that i have to do exceptionally well to get a good mark or it will drag me down!!

hahahahaha HI RODMAN!! :rofl:

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC

Should I be worried?

Thanks

I have the same problem and concern. I have achieved 90% and over in all the school based assessments and achieved a rank of 1/18 but besides myself and another 2 students the rest of the class are hopeless. I am hoping to achieve mid 80's towards low 90's ATAR. Any comments?

sharp_pencil

HSC
Im comming first in class with average of like 92% there is 5 ppl in the class including me and i got 2 duds in my class getting like 30-40% which is absurd.
If it does scale me down i hope my eggs are secure in my ancient basket :)

Eddykungfu

HSC
Well that is assuming IPT is your worsed subject, you never know it could count so I wouldn't be so certain of that - unless of course it is your worsed by far. ;)
I can see English is your "Worsed" subject, but it counted anyways :p.

Ha.

prah

HSC
haha that kid ended up getting 93, so bad scaling isn't going to affect him that much.

nixon3

HSC
ipt scales like balls, unless you have topp bass you will throw pens at you, but bring your mark up

cirenasfailing

HSC
yeah my teacher explained this to us the other day. I'm kinda worried, because most of my class has a rather bad grasp on english, and cant understand the work very well, so our teacher dropped a few students when she scaled down our marks, giving us higher assesment marks, but isn't that just telling us 'what we could get' if our class was averaging a higher mark and not an accurate mark to what that work would achieve for me in the hsc exams?

ernestcuellar

HSC
IPT has a scaled mean of 21.3, this is horrible scaling but if you do well (95+) in the exam it shouldn't affect you.

ismeta

HSC
I got a mark of 96 last year for IPT, and it scaled to 45.4/50. If that's helpful to know. :)

MK888

HSC
How much would rank affect your mark for this subject? I have a very small class (6 people) for IPT and the lowest mark that anyone has received for any assessment task is about 80%. I'm currently either ranked first or second with about 85-95% for most assessments, but with everyone achieving such good marks this rank could easily change as we are all so close together and I am slightly worried about it. I've heard that if everyone else does good it should bump up your mark so hopefully that is the case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)