IPT Study Thread (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
What are hypermedia and hypertext examples of...

I would just say interactivity, or linking.

Takuto

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
What are hypermedia and hypertext examples of...

I would just say interactivity, or linking.
although not the exact answer i was looking for, it would still be accepted =]

MrKim

HSC
Well hypermedia and hypertext arent really examples of anything. They are just the names given to when they redirect you to another link.

LiL-Azn

R-R-Remix!!
HSC
Makro said:
Outline the differences between Incremental and Differential backups.
Incremental backups consist of a full back up being made on a friday afternoon. On monday, the changes made on monday are backed up. On tuesday, the changes made on tuesday are backed up. This continues until friday comes again where a full back up is made.

Differential backups adopt a similar method but on Tuesday, a backup of monday and tuesday are made. This goes for each consecutive day. On friday, a full backup is made.

cxlxoxk

HSC
What is a GUI? (full form AND explanation...)

What is a HUD? (full form AND explanation - ps. don't mean hub...)

MrKim

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
What is a GUI? (full form AND explanation...)

What is a HUD? (full form AND explanation - ps. don't mean hub...)
GUI - Graphical User interface, basically its the interaction between the user and the screen. It consists of graphical icons and labels etc..

I have no idea what a HUD is.:sleep:

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Thanks, lilazn. So that means incremental uses a different tape for each day, but differential accumulates them on one tape?

GUI = Graphical User Interface, involves menus, drop down lists, buttons all accesible with the "pointer" (not cursor :/) controlled by the mouse.

HUD = Head-Up-Display it's used in VR. For the user to be able to see what's happening in this artificial environment they need to have one of them on, which is like a helmet.

noturningback

HSC
LiL-Azn said:
Incremental backups consist of a full back up being made on a friday afternoon. On monday, the changes made on monday are backed up. On tuesday, the changes made on tuesday are backed up. This continues until friday comes again where a full back up is made.

Differential backups adopt a similar method but on Tuesday, a backup of monday and tuesday are made. This goes for each consecutive day. On friday, a full backup is made.
Just making sure, that is an option topic right?
I know about backup but not incremental and differential

edit: Quick correction to HUD above
A HUD shows the real world but also shows an overlay of data so the person does not have to currently look elsewhere to view information as it is displayed right in front of them
A headset shows the artificial environment, not the HUD
That's my understanding from reading.

LiL-Azn

R-R-Remix!!
HSC
noturningback said:
Just making sure, that is an option topic right?
I know about backup but not incremental and differential

Umm I am sure that is part of the Transaction Processing Systems topic. It's part of Partial back-ups.

noturningback

HSC
ah ok, I think it would be a good idea for people to indicate that they are asking a question from an option topic where appropriate.

LiL-Azn

R-R-Remix!!
HSC
Differentiate between Ring and Star topologies. Identify the type of communication protocol each topology uses. (4 marks)

:D

LiL-Azn

R-R-Remix!!
HSC
gloworm14 said:
i dont like drawing diagrams for this subject... :rolleyes:
Same here. Know how to draw system flowcharts? and all that mumbo jumbo?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
LiL-Azn said:
Differentiate between Ring and Star topologies. Identify the type of communication protocol each topology uses. (4 marks)

:D
Ring: no. of nodes connected via a closed loop. if a node fails, the ring is broken and data transfer stops. therefore some topologies incorporate a dual-ring structure to provide for recovery.

Star: nodes are attached to a central point , common in LANs. The central device (hub) acts as a switching station, connecting nodes and providing access to other devices. if one node fails the network can continue working.

what are the protocols for them?

Q: (multimedia): differentiate between cel based and path based animation.

Last edited:

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
LiL-Azn said:
Same here. Know how to draw system flowcharts? and all that mumbo jumbo?
i have a vague idea yes.

im actually up to studying all those system tools for project work again (in my study cramming at the moment). it just reminds me how bad they are to draw lol :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)