• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Iranian woman faces stoning for adultery (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahmeh

HSC
You know what, in a humanitarian, ethical sense i don't support capital punishment/stoning (who would.) However, in Iran there is a strict shariah law about stoning for Adultery- so the question you have to pose did she do the action (adultery) knowing the consequences?

Also I think the reason why muslims stone for adultery in this world, is so that the person pays for their punishment in this world and not the next (hell,) so then it brings a whole new debate if the lady believed in heaven/hell, was willing to die so she could wipe that sin.

Also, how could you condemn Islam for stoning, when other major religions also have grave consequences for stoning-Judaism, christianity. Adultery in religions have always had grave consequences.

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
Except when they allow certain men to have four wives or as many as they like :rolleyes:

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
Exactly, they did NOT value the sanctity of marriage at all, If they valued Marriage in the context mentioned they would not be destroying it within an hour. There would not be temporary marriages just for a fuck in a society where marriage is valued. This is another hypocrisy of muslims.

Nonsense

You're comparing two different types of marriage. The fact that they're not allowed to have sex outside of marriage shows how much they value it.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Jordan.J said:
Nonsense

You're comparing two different types of marriage. The fact that they're not allowed to have sex outside of marriage shows how much they value it.
How is it valued if a marriage is performed purely for a fuck for 1 hour or less? that is worse than any other culture and utmost disrespect for the sanctity of marriage. Marriage is valued NOT by banning sex outside marriage but by upholding the marriage itself. In Iran marriage is nothing more than hooking up for a quic fuck in the west.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
blahmeh said:
You know what, in a humanitarian, ethical sense i don't support capital punishment/stoning (who would.) However, in Iran there is a strict shariah law about stoning for Adultery- so the question you have to pose did she do the action (adultery) knowing the consequences?

Also I think the reason why muslims stone for adultery in this world, is so that the person pays for their punishment in this world and not the next (hell,) so then it brings a whole new debate if the lady believed in heaven/hell, was willing to die so she could wipe that sin.

Also, how could you condemn Islam for stoning, when other major religions also have grave consequences for stoning-Judaism, christianity. Adultery in religions have always had grave consequences.
Well, ignorance of the law is no defence. The main difference between societies that have Islamic law imposed on them and societies that are secular is that society itself has dictated laws and punishments, whereas a thousand year old book is determining their law and punishments(and often the crimes and punishments are a as old which is why they seem silly or barbaric to us).

There are consequences for adultery in our society, but its not a crime. The consequences are social.

blahmeh

HSC
Snaykew said:
Well, ignorance of the law is no defence. The main difference between societies that have Islamic law imposed on them and societies that are secular is that society itself has dictated laws and punishments, whereas a thousand year old book is determining their law and punishments(and often the crimes and punishments are a as old which is why they seem silly or barbaric to us).

There are consequences for adultery in our society, but its not a crime. The consequences are social.
I agree, it doesn't exscuse them.

Yeah, however well the thing is Iran claims to be under 'Shariah law' however the government still allows drinking (which is prohibited under shariah law) and stuff that's not 'islamic.' The thing about Iran is that wants to turn a blind eye to some stuff, yet when it comes to adultery and women they are so quick to punish.

They aren't even imposing the shariah law properly if they're allowing torture and IMPOSING religion (i.e they've now forced women to wear the burqa head to toe and they're not allowed publicly without it.) Iran are hippocritical- you can't have one thing without the other. HIPPOCRICY I SAY. They do things when it suits them.

Last edited:

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
blahmeh said:
the government still allows drinking (which is prohibited)
the bastards! we need to liberate them so they can be banned from drinking, this calls for gulf war 3 :mad:

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
blahmeh said:

Yeah, however well the thing is Iran claims to be under 'Shariah law' however the government still allows drinking (which is prohibited under shariah law) and stuff that's not 'islamic.' The thing about Iran is that wants to turn a blind eye to some stuff, yet when it comes to adultery and women they are so quick to punish.

They aren't even imposing the shariah law properly if they're allowing torture and IMPOSING religion (i.e they've now forced women to wear the burqa head to toe and they're not allowed publicly without it.) Iran are hippocritical- you can't have one thing without the other. HIPPOCRICY I SAY. They do things when it suits them.
It's not the only double standard in the world. :p

And have you ever considered that they see adultery as a very serious crime?

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
How is it valued if a marriage is performed purely for a fuck for 1 hour or less? that is worse than any other culture and utmost disrespect for the sanctity of marriage. Marriage is valued NOT by banning sex outside marriage but by upholding the marriage itself. In Iran marriage is nothing more than hooking up for a quic fuck in the west.

I already told you they have 2 different types of marriages. They're like apples and oranges

The fact that they take adultery seriously, shows how much they value marriage.

Seriously, look pass your hatred of Muslims. Im done arguing, if you dont get it, then its not my loss

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
blahmeh said:

I think you'll find that alcohol is not allowed in Iran and the burqa is not forced on women

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Jordan.J said:
I already told you they have 2 different types of marriages. They're like apples and oranges

The fact that they take adultery seriously, shows how much they value marriage.

Seriously, look pass your hatred of Muslims. Im done arguing, if you dont get it, then its not my loss
The fact that they have two different type of marriage, one for a casual fuck is how they disrespect and devalued marriage as an institution. No other religion, culture or people marry just for a few minutes of fucking except muslims! That is a fact and swallow the cold harsh truth.

I think you'll find that alcohol is not allowed in Iran and the burqa is not forced on women
Sounds like you have been hiding your head in sand, like typical idiot. Alcohol is banned but widely available, western musics are banned yet they are the most popular music out there. And yes women are forced to wear BURKA.
Do some basic reading about Iran here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1740617.stm
and here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3827101.stm

Iran's government has launched a crackdown on women who flout the strict Islamic dress codes during the hot summer months.
:rofl: :rofl:

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Heh, seems like theres a lot of internal disputes between the two core groups in Iran. Quite refreshing to know that there are reformists in Iran. I like how you blanket all of Iran's Muslims like they are the same when in the article it clearly states there are two groups. :]

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
Heh, seems like theres a lot of internal disputes between the two core groups in Iran. Quite refreshing to know that there are reformists in Iran. I like how you blanket all of Iran's Muslims like they are the same when in the article it clearly states there are two groups. :]
How did I blanket all of Iran's muslims are the same?

Monash

HSC
N/A
think you'll find that alcohol is not allowed in Iran and the burqa is not forced on women
i agree with this. i know laot of people in Iran who dont wear the Burka 'head to toe", so please dont generalise...

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
How did I blanket all of Iran's muslims are the same?
See:

PrinceHarry said:
No other religion, culture or people marry just for a few minutes of fucking except muslims!
Like Christianity, they have different branches and then you have people like those reforimists in Iran.

I don't know much about that thing you mentioned but maybe you could link me where it says such actions are widespread among Muslim communities? It's very easy to lay shit on religion based on the actions on a few.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
The fact that they have two different type of marriage, one for a casual fuck is how they disrespect and devalued marriage as an institution. No other religion, culture or people marry just for a few minutes of fucking except muslims! That is a fact and swallow the cold harsh truth.

I already explained. You're a bigot, and your opinion is based on hatred.

Sounds like you have been hiding your head in sand, like typical idiot. Alcohol is banned but widely available, western musics are banned yet they are the most popular music out there. And yes women are forced to wear BURKA.
Do some basic reading about Iran here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1740617.stm

I said alcohol is banned. What you posted doesnt refute what I said.

Prohibition is good news for smugglers

Infact it backs up what I said.

Also, nowhere in the second link is the word Burga even mentioned. You're so ignorant that you dont even know what the burqa is, its what the taliban enforced.

So in future, read the links you posted. You might save yourself some embarrassment

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
Like Christianity, they have different branches and then you have people like those reforimists in Iran.
Reformist in Iran are not separate branch of Islam but rather muslims of the same sect, notably Shia Islam (the same as ruling hardliner).

I don't know much about that thing you mentioned but maybe you could link me where it says such actions are widespread among Muslim communities? It's very easy to lay shit on religion based on the actions on a few
Originally intended to provide legitimacy to what would otherwise be illicit affairs, the practice of temporary marriage has become a threadbare cover for prostitution and an under-the-table means of social welfare for poor women. The participants no longer follow the rules, which call for a mullah to read a particular blessing.

Not surprisingly, they have few options for preventing pregnancy or disease. According to official health ministry statistics in Iran, each year some 90,000 women apply for abortions at hospitals, and every day 221 abortions take place. Though no one claims these abortions stem directly from temporary marriages, health ministry insiders suggest prostitution may be to blame. Shahrbanoo Amani of Tehran, a member of the Iranian parliament, told reporters last year that "because temporary marriage is by definition temporary and is not a permanent agreement, usually men in this marriage do not like that a child is born. And in a case of unwanted pregnancy, the first victim is the woman, and the second, the child." http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0113,fard,23415,1.html

More information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Mut'ah

Iran's Interior Minister, Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi, has started promoting temporary marriage as a solution to the country's social problems. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6714885.stm

It is quite clear that it is NOT just a few muslim doing it. It is a de facto state policy, a perfectly legal marriage under Islamic Law.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Jordan.J said:
I already explained. You're a bigot, and your opinion is based on hatred.
Bigots are people like you who support execution of women who commit adultery while men have unlimited rights to fuck women under twisted and sick marriage laws provided by Islam.

I said alcohol is banned. What you posted doesnt refute what I said.

Prohibition is good news for smugglers

Infact it backs up what I said.
Alcohol is banned BUT WIDELY AVAILABLE. Meaning muslims drinks Alcohol despite the laws banning them. Why were not they executed moron. That is the Hypocrisy of Islam while ruthlessly oppressing people by enforcing certain islamic laws while neglegting certain other laws because it suits them.

Also, nowhere in the second link is the word Burga even mentioned. You're so ignorant that you dont even know what the burqa is, its what the taliban enforced.

So in future, read the links you posted. You might save yourself some embarrassment
it does not have to say Burka , everyone knows what Islamic dress is. For your information The dress Taliban enforced was called Chadri and it is just one type of Burka. In Iran they wear Chador that is another type of Burka not as oppressive as Chadri. Next time, know your own religion before you embarrass yourself.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
Alcohol is banned

Thanks for confirming.

I said its banned, but you tried to prove me wrong yet in the process confirmed what I said

:rofl:

BUT WIDELY AVAILABLE.

Might be available, but widely available?

it does not have to say Burka

Yes it does

You claim the burqa is enforced, so you need to show me evidence in Iranian law where the burqa is forced on every women.

You have failed to do this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)