is 12 days enough to memorise 4 esays? (2 Viewers)

herbs1

HSC
just saying, but remember 2009? 1RT? All the cunts with prepared essays couldn't adapt them on the spot because they didn't memorise enough examples for their best RT. I have a feeling they will ask something like that. Perhaps 0 Rts even, that would be a bag of laughs.

michaeljennings

HSC
Well...You dont count because youre an absolute freak (in a good way). It will take me like 4 days just to read the essay.

Honest Question: Do you like school?
yeahh school was pretty fun while it lasted

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought RTs was a requirement of AoS and Module C.

herbs1

HSC
fuck off lol. I was tryin to scare da little ones

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
tbh 2 days is enough (6 hours each essay) and you get it down packed, just do some practice questions and you'll have it memorized for sure.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah 12 days is enough to memorise 4 essays and a creative. I would say 2 days per essay and then try some past practice questions and make sure you time the responses.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Fuck BOS, they pretty much know at least 25% of the state most likely has pre-prepared responses and yet they cant do shit.
Try 95% of the state. It's nearlon impossible not to prepare, given the pathetic amount of time we are given.

I created my Hamlet, and BR essays night before for my trials, and easily learnt them. When you have loads of time your mind subconsciously doesn't take it in because it feels it doesn't have too, but when actually need to you will smash it.

Im hoping to have about 9 days to learn 4 essays, and me creative writing + plus in my mind head apply each essay to about 10 questions. Sooner this bullshit subject is over the better.

taeyang

HSC
I hope they ask something like: "write a feature article on Module B", or something. Something different - would screw over the not-so-smart kids, whereas the smart kids would do well.
Have you no heart :(

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Yerp...don't forget you had one year to know these texts, you had the trials to memorise essays/techniques/quotes etc.

herbs1

HSC
As if 95%. It's only the retards who have no sense of reasoning who pre-prepare whole essays. I got into rooms with just the ideas and do fine. In fact, I dare say no one in the top 10 or so at my school prepares full essays. It's really pointless. While a prepared essay _could_ potentially be better worded than another, not pre-prepared, you're not being marked in relation to other students, you're being marked against a rubric, so as long as you fulfil the requirements, you will actually do fine.

The only reason people have trouble, I think, is because their textual analysis is poor. I have around 6-8 direct quotations for each point (2 points in an essay on general, so approx 12 quotes from each poem of em dicks I do) and I have varying levels of complexity in terms of textual analysis. Then it takes me 2-3 sentences for each quotation to explain and elaborate, and then tack on an intro sentence or two which address your argument, some context and a linking sentence to the next poem and there you go.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I prepared quotes and the like and when I was writing it just managed to morph into something I wrote for the trials. So I don't really see the need to memorise anything because if you keep writing your practice essays, if you write naturally - you're going to end up writing something like one you wrote before even though you never intended it to be like that.

Memorising word for word essays = stupid.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
yep, can be done within 2 days if you study efficiently. But I don't memorise complete essays off by heart.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pre-preparation is not the same as memorisation. Pretty much everyone that wants to get a Band 5 has to have done some pre-preparation. Pre-preparation involves: reading the actual texts, reading relateds, and writing practice essays.

HSC
Uni Grad
lol way to randomly inject distaste for government policy in a totally unrelated thread/post.

michaeljennings

HSC
It's only the retards who have no sense of reasoning who pre-prepare whole essays. I got into rooms with just the ideas and do fine. In fact, I dare say no one in the top 10 or so at my school prepares full essays. It's really pointless.
At my school I'd say at least 80% of students go in with memorized essays...

herbs1

HSC
At my school I'd say at least 80% of students go in with memorized essays...
because you go to a school which creates tryhards and people who fail at life. HSC =/= life tbh, and I'd much rather learn essential skills than just maximise marks, because there'll come a point when there will be no marks, and you will be judge on your abilities, and that's where the men will be separated from the boys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)