is 12 days enough to memorise 4 esays? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
If it's english you're better off memorising relevant ideas/paragraph topics and relevant evidence for them than entire essays. Even memorising paragraphs. They are increasingly making the questions harder and harder to apply generic pre-prepared essays to. If you're intent on memorising whole essays you better have more than one up your belt for each module.
Yeah I do this.

I memorise the key points/themes and quotes for each paragraph then just jump between these stepping stones in the exam. helps a lot really, when adapting to the exam question, because it basically forces you to adapt. You have the theme of a paragraph and the quotes to go with it, but everything else e.g. explanation of quote has to be created on the day that relates back to the question.

The only negative with this technique is that if the themes you've concentrated on are very hard to bend around the question. But yeah a bit of planning time at the start (like we ain't got enough time already) should set you off. I suppose a fully memorise essay would have the same problem as this, just even more harder to cope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)