• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is 99.5+ an unrealistic aim for me? (1 Viewer)

monion

HSC
Howdy BoSers,

I'm in Yr 11. I really need a UAI aim to gimme a kick up the *** motivation-wise. While I've no idea what I'm gonna do after school, I came up with 99.5+ -- but in saying this I'm really not sure of my ability/talent.

I want to do for HSC:

6U total of Math/English (probably 4UMath/AdvancedEng)
Chemistry
Physics

I *think* my schools in the top 200, and if so somewhere around 150-200. I guess my most recent results would be my School Certificate last year:

Math - 95
Eng - 92
Science - 93
Geo - 95
Hist - 97
Computers - 96

I did study pretty hard for these, esp Math/English, so I'm not a freak who nailed the SC without study! What I'm not sure of is if I have the potential to get 99.5+.

So could you guys give me a proper aim?
All advice appreciated, cheers :santa:

Last edited:

rocktheyard

HSC
99.5+ is a realistic goal for you. I fact, it's a realistic goal for anyone, if they try. You have shown willingness to try, therefore by continuing your dedication, there's no reason why you can't get 99.5+.

dp624

HSC
yeah no worries - with the proper application of effort, 99.5 is extremely doable

dp624

HSC
not to say it will be easy, however - your SC scores are solid, but not awe-inspiring since your 'weaker' subjects are the ones that'll probably be important (e.g. sciences, maths, english) unless you choose to be humanties centric - which is just asking to be buttraped by anal examiners who can be slightly biased at times

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
SC is not a good indicator for hsc results, it's the same what everyone said, anyone can achieve any uai, and given your SC result is pretty good, there's a real possibility of you getting that....Edit nvm

Last edited:

oly1991

HSC
SC is not a good indicator for hsc results, it's the same what everyone said, anyone can achieve any uai, and given your SC result is pretty good, there's a real possibility of you getting that....but why 99.5+? you wanna do law at usyd?
true.....my cousin got an average of 75 for his SC but got a UAI of 98.65, many things can change

monion

HSC
Thanks for your replies, I reckon I'll keep the aim. I chose 99.5+ cos I know that'll leave with with a lot of choice come Uni course selection time. Also more chance of a scholarship I presume, which will be a GINORMOUS help.

dp624, I guess I'm in a pickle since I didn't choose any humanities for Yr 11...:(

Last edited:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Thanks for your replies, I reckon I'll keep the aim. I chose 99.5+ cos I know that'll leave with with a lot of choice come Uni course selection time. Also more chance of a scholarship I presume, which will be a GINORMOUS help.

dp624, I guess I'm in a pickle since I didn't choose any humanities for Yr 11...:(
I think Dave is saying you shouldn't choose Humanities.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
i think you just beat me in SC, and my aim is 99.5!

undalay

HSC
SC is bullcrap.

I was averaging 70% in year 10 history, and then for the SC somehow I got 96.

SC math content is like yr 8 stuff.

But like everyone else has been saying, 99.5+ is definitely possible.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SC is bullcrap.

I was averaging 70% in year 10 history, and then for the SC somehow I got 96.

SC math content is like yr 8 stuff.

But like everyone else has been saying, 99.5+ is definitely possible.
lollll agreed

i was getting 70% for geography and got 96 in SC or something haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)