Is being bisexual just one step away from being gay? (1 Viewer)

Efficient5

HSC
Bisexuals like men and women but are they just on their way to homosexuality anyway? Like, they don't want to admit it to themselves that they are gay..

Are they just GAY?

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Is being heterosexual just two steps away from being gay?
Is being alive just one step away from being dead?
Is being male just one step away from being female?

etc.

HSC
There are some guys who use bisexuality as a way of not fully coming out - "I'm bi, I just...have slept with a lot of men recently...".

But there are also people who are consistently bi.

Tonthat

HSC
Homosexuals like the same sex but are they just on their way to heterosexuality anyway? Like, they don't want to admit it to themselves that they are straight..

Are they just HETERO?

Fext

HSC
Homosexuals like the same sex but are they just on their way to heterosexuality anyway? Like, they don't want to admit it to themselves that they are straight..

Are they just HETERO?
gaylord.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Bisexuality is not a step to or from any other orientation, it's its own category, however some people self-identify as such when coming to terms with their sexuality hence the term "Bi now! Gay you later!"

HSC
Hetro = balls don't touch

Bi = When the balls touch, but it doesn't make a sound

Gay = balls touch, and they make that paddle ball sound

u aware?

NathanArnold

HSC
Bisexuality tends to be an inherent attraction towards both sexes. However, sexuality is very, very fluid. For some it is a transitional, others a fixed point, some a social segue to coming out of the closet.

For some people - yeah maybe. But usually it's just open mindedness.. choosing personality and not taking into account what sex they are.

A great guy and a great girl would have equal chances in my eyes.
This, however, is not correct. Sex and gender are at the basis of the attraction - they're BI sexual, attracted exclusively (as odd as this sounds) to both sexes/genders.

What you're describing is pansexuality.

Pansexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think true Bisexuals are hard to come by, but they do exist, others who claim to be i find tend to lean to one side or the other, and the lesser side is usually just about sex - not relationships.

My experience anyway

laniani

HSC
i have a friend who told me he's 'bi'
yet he's never had a crush on a girl (besides britney spears, pussycat dolls etc)....and i hear about what he's done with the guys..

so. i assume he's gay, but not totally comfortable admitting that to himself yet

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i think true Bisexuals are hard to come by, but they do exist, others who claim to be i find tend to lean to one side or the other, and the lesser side is usually just about sex - not relationships.

My experience anyway
Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I know one other person who identifies as bisexual but they mostly fuck guys and have relationships with girls. I'm similar. I don't think I could have a relationship with a girl anytime soon but one night stands or random hook ups with women are far more enjoyable. Tried to date a girl once and it did not work at all. The only other girl I would do try with is so taken it's not funny.

I find that I'm physically attracted to both genders and I actually find women to be far more sexually attractive than men. Funny that.

NathanArnold

HSC
Bisexuality doesn't have to be an exact 50/50 split - this confuses a lot of people. It's important to recognise that sexuality is insanely fluid. While gender(but predominantly sex in the biological form)-based attraction seems to be a biological state, it can be influenced to an extent by context or external factors.

Social pressure can, without a doubt, influence an individual to broaden or restrict their sexual horizons. An individual can associate their same-sex attraction with negative feelings, while relating opposite-sex attraction to positive feelings of some sort.

The gay friend mentioned may have any number of feelings in his head that he associates with same/opposite sex attraction. This is being expressed in his public appeal for recognition as opposite-sex attracted, regardless to what extent.

There are just a plethora of possibilities for people's sexual identities.

NathanArnold

HSC
if by 'tends to be' you mean 'is'

we don't really need common-knowledge in opening statements anyway.
Also, in response to this - there are so many interpretations to every sexuality that an individual can have. In this thread alone, there have been a couple of interpretations already of bisexuality.

Also - you could interperet that bisexuals are attracted to sex or gender, they're not necessarily mutually inclusive. Sometimes it's easier to refer in 'tends to', rather than diving in the deep end of identity.

And thus, common-knowledge may or may not be needed, I think it was important to lay out my definition of the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)