Is chemisty freaking awesome? (2 Viewers)

Is chemistry the best science in the HSC?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • No.

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Yea obviously I understand that chemistry has initiated and and supported thousands of innovations that I use everyday. But I mean that bio is a little more easy to see around me, in my life, rather than understand happens. Every single thing in bio relates to me or something I can see. +u dont do bio anyway?
did in yr11, and it was kinda boring memorising all the parts of the cell, and all that stuff. i thought there would have been stuff on genetics and diseases in the prelim course, but nothing, had to wait till the HSC course and the school told us that we were going to be doing the communication option (couldnt have done biochemistry or genetics, would have been to hard for the idiots in bio to understand) so i dropped it

Last edited:

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
did in yr11, and it was kinda boring memorising all the parts of the cell, and all that stuff. i thought there would have been stuff on genetics and diseases in the prelim course, but nothing, had to wait till the HSC course and the school told us that we were going to be doing the communication option (couldnt have done biochemistry or genetics, would have been to hard for the idiots in bio to understand) so i dropped it
*too hard for the idiots. lol irony.
yea, hey I forgot about that stuff, but there is so little of it - it's really junior school stuff that you were supposed to know but they do a quick revision of the cell components. I agree that it was kinda boring memorising that stuff, but for me, that is what chemistry was about. Large majority of bio I can really relate to.

illiterary

HSC
More of a physics person than chemistry, so the 'softening' in the Chemistry course pisses me off less than in Physics. Come on, "analyse secondary information on the competition between Westinghouse and Edison to supply electricity to cities"?

kevda1st

HSC
defiantly. Chemistry is the only topic that i ENJOY studying.

m.jakaran

HSC
chem is slightly better than phys which pwns bio
I do all three and that's around about right. The thing with chem and phys is that as you progress through the subject, you realize that there is an underlying unity in nature. Biology is just memorising stuff though.

lynton

HSC
i find chemistry challenging and i see why it is scaled high. dam water quality and management and those ICE tables lol. nah its not too bad. I find bio the most interesting as i can grasp its aspects more easily hence why im getting pretty much first. i would have done physics but it clashed with economics.

Ishynooshy

HSC
Blasphemous is know but:
Chem>Bio>>>>>>Phys.

I did all three during the prelims and it was alright- had a good mix and exposure to a bit of everything. Then got through the middle of Idea to Implementation and started getting annoyed with all the history in every second dot point. Did a research task for astrophysics and was like fcuk this is boring. Dropped it a week before half yearlies. hehehe

Nitrogen triiodide. nuff said

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
op is loving chem only because he is coming 1st or 2nd in it. :mad1:

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Chem is awesome, though physics looks interesting too (wish I picked it!)

The ony interesting aspects of bio imo are evolution & genetics (based on the year 9/10 course...I can't say much else for the hsc course)

narima

HSC
^ i did it for 5 lessons & honestly that was more then enough! thank god i changed when i did!
what did you change to? cause i changed to society and culture, haha its bullshit but there was nothing else good on that line, im thinking of changing again cause i dont wanna have 10 units for HSC year :S

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hell Yes! It is the best science in the HSC and preliminary HSC from all sciences... second best subject, second to maths.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I like preliminary Chemistry better thatn HSC Chemistry. But it's still alright.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
I don't think Chem is awesome cos i suck at it. I prefer Physics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)