Is chemisty freaking awesome? (1 Viewer)

Is chemistry the best science in the HSC?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • No.

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

dp624

HSC
Chem is interesting, but bio rips over all sciences by far. Bio makes so much more sense and you dont have to remember so many equations. Hate them reversible ones
there's a reason why people say bio is applied chem which is applied phys which is applied maths
maths being the best 'science', and bio being sorta a bit down
it's so much memorising and not much application of 'science'

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Chem is alrite... But I like physics better, but i think im getting better marks in chem lol

Ippius

HSC
Chem opens a lot of doors. Although a few courses remain that require you to have chem as a prerequesite subject many courses require you to have some knowledge of chemistry. It also happens to be a well scaling science subject.

aznvdz

HSC
Biology is one of my favorite subjects.
Behind Economics of course.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
"Physics is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting."

jet

Banned
HSC
"Physics is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting."
Lol. Rutherford was cool.

Chem is probably the best. If i wasnt aiming for medicine, i would be a chemist/biochemist.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I did chem for a few weeks and didn't really enjoy it. Then again, we did very little for that time, some stuff about mining and definitions of the basics. I probably would have liked the equations and stuff.

But I like bio because I can constantly relate it to life. I would argue that bio requires a lot less memorisation than some people are making out. For me, it's a lot of common sense. You need to do a bit of reading the text book to understand concepts but I do extremely little, if not no, rote learning. An old teacher I know and my auntie say that Bio seperates the true smarties from the herds that rote learn. (but I probably like to quote this because I am good at bio so I am biased). Understanding, rather than memorisation is essential in bio. One girl in my class studies more than anyone else but got 27% in the last test.

But I do think that the science preferences, are just that - personal preferences.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
I did chem for a few weeks and didn't really enjoy it. Then again, we did very little for that time, some stuff about mining and definitions of the basics. I probably would have liked the equations and stuff.

But I like bio because I can constantly relate it to life. I would argue that bio requires a lot less memorisation than some people are making out. For me, it's a lot of common sense. You need to do a bit of reading the text book to understand concepts but I do extremely little, if not no, rote learning. An old teacher I know and my auntie say that Bio seperates the true smarties from the herds that rote learn. (but I probably like to quote this because I am good at bio so I am biased). Understanding, rather than memorisation is essential in bio. One girl in my class studies more than anyone else but got 27% in the last test.

But I do think that the science preferences, are just that - personal preferences.

chem can be related to life, its not until you do the subject itself that you actually understand how much better we are with it, how much we use it in our life is amazing, and the same for physics.

Last edited:

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
chem can be related to life, its not until you do the subject itself that you actually understand how much better we are with it, how much we use it in our life is amazing, and the same for physics.

Yea obviously I understand that chemistry has initiated and and supported thousands of innovations that I use everyday. But I mean that bio is a little more easy to see around me, in my life, rather than understand happens. Every single thing in bio relates to me or something I can see. +u dont do bio anyway?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)