Is it about time i give up? (1 Viewer)

snowyriver

HSC
N/A
Well i got my marks couple days ago for the assessments ive completed. Terrible. I hate myself right now.

Gen Maths - 15% weighting = 66% = 18/43
Standard English - 40% all together weighting = 64% = 5/32
Biology - not sure weighting = 51% = 81/139
Modern History - weighting 15% = 50% = 27/30
Economics - unsure weighting = 41% = 38/49

Is an ATAR of 91-94 still possible? If it is, what ranking and raw assessment marks should i be looking at for each subject? Please don't give me a euphemistic response. Just the cold hard truth will be nice :)

School is ranked top 40.

madharris

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't give up other else you will be even more disappointed in yourself that you didn't try

At the moment, I don't think that 91-94 is a bit of a stretch! try having a lower more achievable aim such as 85 which is in no way at all a bad atar!

What you need to do between now and your next assessment/trials, is see what you've done wrong in each assessment, and make sure you don't make those same mistakes again. Know where you went wrong and learn from your mistake --> these are not only mistakes in your papers but also other mistakes such as studying (you need to discover what method works best for you)

If you feel as if you procrastinate too much at home, go to the library! It really helped me as I was able to get 9-12 hours a day just before the hsc whereas before that I was at home doing next to nothing.

It's never too late to improve!

snowyriver

HSC
N/A
cheers for reading it. i thought its too much after i posted it. So anything above 90 is unlikely or impossible? and spot on, my main problem is procastination.

Liv1712

HSC
Yes, a score above ninety is pretty unlikely. But, there are other ways of making it to university if you don't quite get the score you want. :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I will tell you this.

Everyone screwed up in at least one of these exams, or did not go as well as they hoped.

You have laid the foundation.

I need to rectify business studies.

Fix it up.

Continue working hard, and you will go a long way.

Remember, at times like this, people drop off. If you do not take advantage of this, you will be left behind.

Stop reading posts on here to make yourself feel better, and GO STUDY.

Do not think that the individuals who are within the higher ranks, are presumably going to do well and remain there. I am high ranked in 4 out of my 5 subjects but I still know that it is dynamic, and subject to change.

There was an individual at my school last year who was on 100% in three subjects. Not 95%, 90% or 85%, 100%. He dropped at trials and the third assessment task, seeing him finish with ranks from first to well beyond the top ten. He ended up getting a 92 ATAR. Sure, this is a brilliant ATAR and I would indisputably be proud of myself if I attained such a mark, but factoring in potential versus practicality, he could have gone a long way.

Do not give up. Power through. It is your last proper term.

Besides, there is nothing you can do but progress.

If you want to know what happened in Business Studies;

For the first task, I attained 24/25, ranked first with others.

My complacent lazy egotistic ass took me to beyond the top 10 (/51).

GO.

Last edited:

fromsobi

HSC
Say hypothetically I were to get 91 atar.

To what would I have to push my ranks to?

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Say hypothetically I were to get 91 atar.

To what would I have to push my ranks to?
Be about the top 4000 of students in the state

But seriously you can't really determine that without knowing your school rank.

NWO

HSC
Ur doing kinda bad for English. But for other subjects ur doing fine. Dont be disappointed and keep going. Just work hard. Its the same with my school. 90% of the students got less tahn 50% for this english exam. And i think i stuffed it up. But i think its the rank that matters not the mark. Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)