Is it normal to be stressing about the HSC already? (1 Viewer)

tambourine

HSC
What if I don't reach my goals?
What if I don't get into the univeristy/course that I want?
What if I do really bad?
What if I do burnout from studying too much?

There are so many what ifs!!!

Lol...but it's true.

Paj20

HSC
burning out all ready....?

You can always swtich topics if you dont reach your uni coarse after 1 year.. but yeh if you can in first go its obviously better so just try your best i guess

tambourine

HSC
No not burning out already..thankfully. Just thinking about it. People are saying I'm working too hard and taking it too seriously.

I'd rather get a good UAI than switch topics.

I just keep thinking there isn't enough time or maybe I should have started my holiday work in December instead of now.

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
Alot of people stress out, as long as you put in your best effort you shouldn't worry, you can't do any more than that can you. And you won't burn out, that burning out stuff is a load of crap, I know heaps of people who studied 4-5 hrs a day consistently throughout the whole year and didn't burn out, its only one year, just put in your max effort.

jirwin

HSC
u are starting now? hmmm... i didnt start until last week of the holidays lol. dont panic. its only january. still plenty of time.

ccc123

HSC
tambourine said:
What if I don't reach my goals?
What if I don't get into the univeristy/course that I want?
What if I do really bad?
What if I do burnout from studying too much?

There are so many what ifs!!!

Lol...but it's true.
Dw, I get stressed too. I believe anybody who cares about the HSC even a little bit has periods of stress and panic attacks. Remember what they say is true- its not the be all end all.

sleepplease

HSC
Hey Tambourine,

I totally know how you're feeling. Usually in past holidays, I'll do a few hours and then be like "Woo! I've done loads!" and feel really satisfied. Now it's just like "I can do more more more.. never enough!" SO, what I've found to be the best thing for me is every time I start to really stress (by that I mean like feel sick and freaked out) I just put down what I'm doing and go outside and I have a punching bag so I just work out for 40 minutes or so, then go back and do some more work. Alternatively you could go for a run or whatever. Usually, after that I feel fine for the rest of the evening. But yeah, I reckon exercise is the key. Or if you're studyign and you're suddenly like "fuck! I cant do this!" but it's not a big stress attack - just drop, do 10 pushups, get up and I swear it feels better.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing.. so maybe it'll work for yoU!

Take care - make sure you balance your study with exercise, healthy eating, and social life.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
I whole-heartedly agree with sleepplease's method of stress relief :) Works great for me.

hunni.xx

HSC
Not really lol. If you're stressing now wait till the actual exam time. Take a chill pill =]=] Relax, go have some fun with your mates or do yoga or something!! Just don't stress!! It's bad for you ! You'll be finee :cool:

IceOnFire

HSC
Lols as long as you are on top of your assessments and studies, you will be fine.

Just remember to do your notes ASAP and get some revision done during this holidays. Perhaps learn ahead if you can.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
markzada said:
OR you can resort to masturbation. That did wonders for me.
Lol. That, is just way too much information.

Yes, it's normal to feel stressed, but don't let it consume you. Just study as much as you can without over doing it and pushing yourself beyond what you are capable of. Remember, don't worry about things you can't change/predict. Just concentrate on doing the best you can at the moment and worrying about all those questions about the future after you get your UAI.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
im pretty stressed, but i'm thinking how limbo life will be after school.
I don't need a UAI to do what i want, but a back up for me is economics/law so i neeed a decent UAI, but im not stressed my plan A will work.

people tell me so often that school os the best time of your life and y12 is the best year, so im going to enjoy it as much as possible, although obviosuly taking school over parties ect.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Not thinking about the HSC at the moment :)

jackattack

HSC
N/A
I'm fairly confident that the people who say high school are the best years of your life are all fucking wankers. the concept does not even make one iota of sense to me.

edit: english y0

Last edited:

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
jackattack said:
I'm fairly confident that the people who say high school is the best years of your life are all fucking wankers. the concept does not even make one iota of sense to me.
Definitely.

Except now that we're out of high school, all of a sudden, it's "university are the best years of your life". Pfft. Make up their fucking minds, would they?

gman03

HSC
It is normal to get stressed out if you care about your future a bit (like others have pointed out)

But please, don't make "getting a high UAI" as a goal. Sure you can get higher UAI if you go to hardcore tution institution and get wonderful UAI, but what's good use you have in later life (esp in Uni) when you can't apply your knowledge apart from notes cramming.

Do you best and best of luck.

smackattack

Banned
HSC
I dunno Jachie, they are pretty good. No worries at all besides school, you don't have to pay for shit, and you get to party hard because everyone turns 18.

jackattack

HSC
N/A
Well I'm always going to have worries besides school, that's just the shitty hand life dealt me. I'd still rather be eighteen, go to clubs and bars and concerts, have better friends who I can relate to more and who will actually go to the clubs and bars and concerts with me, and study something I actually give half a shit about. The partying doesn't stop once you leave school dumbass.

beentherdunthat

HSC
you'll be stressing about the hsc exams until and after you finish them. It's completely normal. There's still like 10 months to them ;) - just take it how it comes.

believe me, half of us bos'ers were like procrastinating the whole year and we all got really high uai's :). HSC is over-rated sometimes. It's not as scary as it seems. If it makes you feel better now, then do some holiday work. =] The most important thing is to remember to 'chilll'.

Don't overwork now. You've got plenty of time to do that during the year =].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)