Is it normal to be stressing about the HSC already? (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
no its not normal to be stressing about the hsc. you are the only person stressing about it...

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Or you are the only who is either extremely optimistic or over-self-confident. lolz.

Hang on. Nah, you did it already! "And that's fair!"

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
kuroneko said:
Yeah maybe I could track them down and cut something else up "just a little but thinner"...

...all over their mortadella sandwiches.
Your exceptional people skills will serve you well in life.

ccc123

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Is it truly over-rated? I mean...I hear people whinging about the amount of time they've been spending on their studies and then as you guys say, judging it as not as hard or difficult.

It's perfectly understandable to such things when you already HAD your goal achieved.=((
Exactly. I mean, its all well and good for some random who got 99.9 in like, the 2004 HSC to say things like 'the HSC is way overrated. I didn't study at all and I got 99.9...besides no one cares about your uai once you get to uni and bla bla bla...'

Its pretty much like us 08ers can visit the school cert forum and tell everyone to chill, because in retrospect, we know its not that bad.

tambourine

HSC
BIGTYMAno its not normal to be stressing about the hsc. you are the only person stressing about it...

UndermyskinOr you are the only who is either extremely optimistic or over-self-confident. lolz.

o.k...

jaaaaay

HSC
BIGTYMA said:
no its not normal to be stressing about the hsc. you are the only person stressing about it...
:uhhuh:
please. go have some fun.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Do you guys think adopting a different accent can bring about funs? I like the British accent like that in Harry Potter, probably more accurately the Scotish accent. That sounds a bit like French sometimes but it's cool, isn't it? I try imitating it and yeah, it helps relax.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
i get kicks out of other people doing accents because i can't do them myself. so i guess that means people also get kicks out of my miserable attempts at accents, whcih means i'm kind of contributing to this flow of lol hey.

spelling, loal!

Last edited:

sleepplease

HSC
to revive an old thread. i think my stress is bi-polar. It's sometimes just gently there and doesn't impact too much, just a bit of a niggle.. then sometimes like today it just goes BAM.

and i punched my wall

and know my third knuckle is blue and pulsating and oww.

stupid fucking massive to-do list.

bleu

HSC
hey sleepplease

i hit the wall today too. Over english. I hate it. I need to get on top of it, otherwise it'll continue to jeopardise my other subjects.

Cos i've been sweating over an english task for the past three days, i have a pretty big to-do list as well..arrghhh

And, i must say, BOS has, predictably, FAILED to help ! oh well :D

sleepplease

HSC
well we're both stupid hey.
my hand is purple and sore and my to-do list isn't any shorter.

ok. time to stop whinging and get back to it. I will get this stuff done, no relaxing until it's done!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Is it normal to be stressing about the HSc already ?

=No. smoke some pot or something, you shouldnt even be thinking about it till trials, and night before assesments

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
If you're bludging both at home and school then you're fucking yourself up. If not, don't stress. ^^,

williamc

HSC
blakegman said:
Is it normal to be stressing about the HSc already ?

=No. smoke some pot or something, you shouldnt even be thinking about it till trials, and night before assesments
lol i was never stressed at all for the HSC.

Only emotion i ever felt was being pumped before first AOS HSC exam. And nervs before results.

People that stress about that shit are the people who take it too seriously and all they do is study and don't have balance in life.

To be stressing already, i suggest you go out and get incredibuly drunk one weekend with your friends. To an extent in which you can't do anything on sunday because you are soo hungover, that you forgot about the HSC for a weekend.

This is serious advice.

sleepplease

HSC
OK rant time. i'm totally frekaing out. i have a huge number of things to do BUT SOMEHOW I MANAGE TO WASTE HOURS DOING NOTHING yesterday and then today. I know some people will have done 10 hours each day on the weekend. HOW DO THEY DO IT??? WHY have i run out of steam like this??? I have to get back on track and focus, i'm so fucking scared that i'm just not going to be able to study hard enoguh. there is always somone studyign more, there is always more that you can do, this whole thing NEVER ENDS (until november) I don't understand how people DO it. It seems SO impossible and obviously it isn't, obviously we will all suck it up and just do it but oh my god it's so fucking horrible.

that's so full of typos. i don't care. i'm just so so scared. i hate the hsc . fuck.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
tambourine said:
BIGTYMAno its not normal to be stressing about the hsc. you are the only person stressing about it...

UndermyskinOr you are the only who is either extremely optimistic or over-self-confident. lolz.

o.k...

worst quotation job ever.

bleu

HSC
sleepplease said:
OK rant time. i'm totally frekaing out. i have a huge number of things to do BUT SOMEHOW I MANAGE TO WASTE HOURS DOING NOTHING yesterday and then today. I know some people will have done 10 hours each day on the weekend. HOW DO THEY DO IT??? WHY have i run out of steam like this??? I have to get back on track and focus, i'm so fucking scared that i'm just not going to be able to study hard enoguh. there is always somone studyign more, there is always more that you can do, this whole thing NEVER ENDS (until november) I don't understand how people DO it. It seems SO impossible and obviously it isn't, obviously we will all suck it up and just do it but oh my god it's so fucking horrible.

that's so full of typos. i don't care. i'm just so so scared. i hate the hsc . fuck.
i completely understand. I've wasted this weekend too. And I'm always thinking that what i do will never be enough compared with those super smart people studying the hours away. i start doubting myself big time.

But can i say, during the hols i barely did anything and i saw in a thread that you were doing heaps each day....i was totally intimidated lol. Just remember that there are plenty of ppl out there feeling the same stress, so you're not alone. But yeah its pretty horrible sometimes, for me i've gotta stop comparing myself to others and just believe i can do it lol :)

Zephyrio

HSC
sleepplease said:

I think that because you always seem to have a huge to-do list, always striving to finish it in short amounts of time will increase pressure and stress on your buckling shoulders. So I think you should just try some yoga, relax slightly and keep things in perspective - don't compare yourself to other people. Worry about yourself before you worry about others.

Evan11

HSC
tambourine said:
What if I don't reach my goals?
What if I don't get into the univeristy/course that I want?
What if I do really bad?
What if I do burnout from studying too much?

There are so many what ifs!!!

Lol...but it's true.
As cliched as it sounds its perfectly true, you cannot do more than put in your best effort. That is all you can do and i know every minute seems like it could be spent better studying but....You obviously seem motivated. Just like my chinese friend who got 98 in the school certificate and was going to be champion of his family. The stress was too great and he decided he would rather not come to class and go to galaxy world on george street every day. Just keep at it doing the best job you can manage both phyhsically and mentally, but dont push youself to drop out, it would be better to calm down if u are overburning and thinking you will fail at life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)