Is it normal to be stressing about the HSC already? (1 Viewer)

powerdrive

HSC
JesS1ca said:
to get a good UAI wats da best thig to be doing now during the holidays to get ahead? =]
for every subject u do, finish the entire course, make thorough, detailed summaries, complete all the textbook exercises, go through all the past papers, just cram, full on, non stop study, all this b4 u get back to school :D

The Dridge

HSC
Hi!

I'm stressing a little too. Remember- stress is good but in small doses and not frequently. Get organised and you'll be fine. That is the key - organisation. Be organised and you won't be freakishly stessed. Good luck!

wogblogger

HSC
yea im freaked out aswell lol
constantly stressing
in a day at one point i will be on a high thinkig 96+
at other times it will be like <80
since i started year 11 im +14kg (kinda fun see'n ur self grow LOL)
if all goes to shit i will just become a fruit picker lol

HSC
hey guys,
i dont think you should be stressing at this point in time. its only early days yet, and even if you stuff up some assessments, you have so many more to make up for it. just take it easy right now, relax a bit, and at the same time, get some notes, revision and study going.

Season

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Season

Well, at least I do how much stressful this year is going to be or is already. Having said that these people are 'normal' students with superb talent, I bet they spend less time complaining about their results and their 'silly' mistakes but studying ahead and looking up. Yeah, can't tell how much I agree with you, just by looking at my experiences of having some ordinary assessment tasks.

Er... I had a 18th birthday already and well I didn't do anything special, just got a few messages from my friends and that was it. I wasn't bothered actually. It's just a number: 18. I do care when I cease being a teenager instead.

Have you actually put our head to HSC for the whole 12 years? Hell, no. Actually you just really worked you heart out in the last 2 years or less. I doubt you studied like hell in year 10 backwards.

In 15 years...most won't care but some will. I always attempt to withdraw some info about my teachers' UAI but they never leak a digit. People still tend to enjoy talking about themselves with pride of getting fabulous UAI, right? In a short fortune, everyone cares!
Those 100ers, in my class we only had a 99.90er and I can assure you that she was quite normal, and she did make silly mistakes and occasionally she slipped and did badly on assessment. Sure she was smart, but I can name people smarter then her. She just worked incredibly hard.

People still tend to enjoy talking about themselves with pride of getting fabulous UAI

You couldn't be further from the truth, sure the people who do fabulously are proud, but 99% of the time they don't go around advertising their UAI. That's what you call arrogance. Furthermore you talk to uni people and they couldn't give a shit... in fact its considered a bit rude to ask someone's UAI, let alone talk about how "awesome" you are.

Our dux got 99.9, and she was happy alright, but I talked to her and she honestly said she was just happy that she finished it before quickly changing the subject.

Study by all means, its important, but its no where near a big thing as you're trying to make it out to be.

Hayley.L

HSC
im already stressin! im sick and ive burst a capillri in my eye which means i cant read for long periods at a time, so i feel like im lacking. so dude trust me if uve already started summarising and reading and dont have a burst capilliri in ur eye i say ur doing alright :p

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
wogblogger said:
since i started year 11 im +14kg (kinda fun see'n ur self grow LOL)
...in muscle?

Zephyrio

HSC
Hmmm. I'm not stressed over the HSC at all. Not at this stage.

There are moments when I think that I can't achieve my best and I start feeling guilty about going out with friends or wasting time youtubing when I could be learning language techniques or whatever. Those are the times when I stress out, but overall I think that if I do my work, do it efficiently and study well, I'll be just okay. Also, looking at friends' results in the HSC also help me instill some confidence into myself. So the HSC isn't stressing me out as such, but it's the fear of whether I can actually do well in it.

Last edited:

veronica6535

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Hmmm. I'm not stressed over the HSC at all. Not at this stage.

There are moments when I think that I can't achieve my best and I start feeling guilty about going out with friends or wasting time youtubing when I could be learning language techniques or whatever. Those are the times when I stress out, but overall I think that if I do my work, do it efficiently and study well, I'll be just okay. Also, looking at friends' results in the HSC also help me instill some confidence into myself. So the HSC isn't stressing me out as such, but it's the fear of whether I can actually do well in it.
Im there with you!

The fear isn't really about the HSC, but about whether i'll be able to achieve well in it and actually hack it.

Actually i change my mind.. It's scary =)

wogblogger

HSC
ahaha i wish.,,,
my beep test is down as well from 11.7 to 7.7:eek:
afta hsc im gona make up 4 it!!!!!
burn all my books!!!!
all my folderz!!
n anything else that pisses me off ahahah

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
tambourine said:
What if I don't reach my goals?
What if I don't get into the univeristy/course that I want?
What if I do really bad?
What if I do burnout from studying too much?

There are so many what ifs!!!

Lol...but it's true.
You're on holidays dude... go get drunk and stop worrying.

Cuase it's seriously too early to be worrying.

kuroneko

HSC
I think it's normal to stress, the HSC is just this massive year that everyone spends looking like this... :-(
But anyway, just remember that we're all in the same boat, get a support network and bottoms up with the school work, you'll do fine.

tambourine

HSC
I don't drink haha.

Anyway, I agree with most of you i.e. I feel sick when I stress, it is too early in the year to stress and studying hard will get you there etc etc. I just feel like I should have done more up to now. All I've done is read a few pages of 'Cloudstreet' and do some biology summaries. I haven't touched maths at all (I do 4 unit!!! That's probably my main worry), I still have to write the essay that was due last term and I have a religion assignment. I keep thinking there's not enough time because once we go to school it's going to be assignments and homework overload and there will be no time to revise etc. I did quit my job though so I'm hoping that will help.

I think maybe if I stop procrastinating and am actually bothered to do work then I wouldn't stress as much but knowing me, I stress over anything..big or small.

Reading all of your goals and what you have already done and what you plan to do and your UAI goals as well may have scared me a little too.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
kuroneko said:
I think it's normal to stress, the HSC is just this massive year that everyone spends looking like this... :-(
But anyway, just remember that we're all in the same boat, get a support network and bottoms up with the school work, you'll do fine.
go take your anger out on some cunts who dare to inconvenience you by asking for fresh meat, that'll ease the stress.

c.aitli.n

HSC
stop wasting your lives and go and enjoy life!!! party.... stay out....do nothing whatever just dont waste a whole year..... a year thats suppossed to be one of the best!!!

kuroneko

HSC
Jachie said:
go take your anger out on some cunts who dare to inconvenience you by asking for fresh meat, that'll ease the stress.
Yeah maybe I could track them down and cut something else up "just a little but thinner"...

...all over their mortadella sandwiches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)