Is it possible to sit for the CSSA 2009 after the dates placed? (1 Viewer)

Shizzlester

HSC
I go to a non-selective, non-private school. My exams begin on the 17th of August, 4th week. 100% confirmation from various opinions would be great, thanks.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes, it is possible.

Your teacher will just not be allowed to show you the paper etc etc and you're going to have to deal with anyone in your grade that cheats and gets tips or other people XD

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Yes
If your subject(s) clashes, then they'll have no choice but to change the date - most likely afterwards
But other than that, its illegal :)

Shizzlester

HSC
But what if your subjects don't clash electrolysis? Because my exams begin from 17th-28th August, not on the 10th like the strict CSSA date. So will my school sit for the CSSA Anna? Because I thought that was illegal to sit for it after the strict exam timetable given out, due to the possibility of cheating.

Timetable: http://www.cssa.com.au/Orders/Timetable.pdf

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Schools aren't allowed to use them earlier but can use them later if they so wish fully aware of the fact that they will be in the public domain by then. They often have to change an exam due to clashes but that is the only excuse.

However, the fact that your school is starting the exams later then the scheduled CSSA papers would suggest that they aren't intending on using the CSSA papers as a school commits to using the CSSA timetable when it purchases the papers.

Shizzlester

HSC
However, the fact that your school is starting the exams later then the scheduled CSSA papers would suggest that they aren't intending on using the CSSA papers as a school commits to using the CSSA timetable when it purchases the papers.
Thank you for your reply cem. According to my 2008 HSC friend who attended the same school as myself, he told me that the school managed to get away with it by completing the CSSA trials after the timetable dates. This isn't illegal right?

If not, isn't it stupid to be sitting for it once it's released in the public domain by giving it to us a week after? They didn't commit to the timetable last year, so I guess there's a possibility of my school doing it again right? This isn't "right" by doing the CSSA papers after the strict dates...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Thank you for your reply cem. According to my 2008 HSC friend who attended the same school as myself, he told me that the school managed to get away with it by completing the CSSA trials after the timetable dates. This isn't illegal right?

If not, isn't it stupid to be sitting for it once it's released in the public domain by giving it to us a week after? They didn't commit to the timetable last year, so I guess there's a possibility of my school doing it again right? This isn't "right" by doing the CSSA papers after the strict dates...
It's probably "illegal" but it's not like there are CSSA agents in every school just to make sure all schools using the CSSA trials follow the rules... :uhoh:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It's probably "illegal" but it's not like there are CSSA agents in every school just to make sure all schools using the CSSA trials follow the rules... :uhoh:
They won't really care about a school doing it after the set date but I do know that about 10 years ago they refused to sell the papers to a leading private school for a number of years because they had their kids sit a paper before the scheduled date.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

For the CSSA papers, according to my school, if a subject clashes, then students will have to sit one exam paper before the actual date - however that student is then in what we call 'lockdown' where the student is not allowed to communicate with anybody - that's the only way a school is allowed to use CSSA papers earlier.

After the timetable, although you're not meant to, I don't think the CSSA really gives a fuck, because all catholic schools would have done it by now and if students from the other schools wish to give their students an unfair advantage - it's their problem. But yeah as mentioned, a school would be really stupid to use the CSSA exam after the Trial Period because it'll be in public domain. Like my school, if you're absent, we don't sit the CSSA paper - we sit a different paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)