is it rude to uninvite a guy to your formal?? (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
If he doesnt know any of your friends and youre not planning on talking to him much it might suck more for him to be there than not. Better than making everyone else feel awkward. If youre just worried that he's not good enough or something like that, its definately rude. Not worth stuffing up a friendship over.

Not quite the same situation.. my friend had just broken up with her ex (he lived about an hour+ away) but he insisted on coming anyway. He said it was because he bought a suit already...im sure he could find somewhere else to wear it. But anyway none of us really knew him, she hardly spoke to him, he sat there all head high trying to prove a point and made everyone else at our table rather uncomfortable. He shouldnt have come.

kinabarina88

HSC
well im planning on going solo if i do uninvite him..i kno that he doesnt have a suit yet so yeh..i was gna get one of my other frends to take him coz like he wuld of rathered gone with her..so is that a valid excuse? n plus he stood me up the other night...n ddnt call to apologise...fahhh

sophina11

HSC
Remember it's your formal sweet. Rude or not its your night. I'm in a similar position. I invited my ex a month or so ago. I rather go solo. My best mate doesn't have a formal partner either.

My ex doesn't know any of my friends and another thing he is a bit older ( in his mid 20s). We talk a bit still but it would be a bit awkward if he came. I haven't told him i want to go solo yet... i have been avoiding it to the max.

Have a lovely night

x

PS- Tell him ASAP though...before he gets a suit.

millieforever

HSC
sophina11 said:
Remember it's your formal sweet. Rude or not its your night. I'm in a similar position. I invited my ex a month or so ago. I rather go solo. My best mate doesn't have a formal partner either.

My ex doesn't know any of my friends and another thing he is a bit older ( in his mid 20s). We talk a bit still but it would be a bit awkward if he came. I haven't told him i want to go solo yet... i have been avoiding it to the max.

Have a lovely night

x

PS- Tell him ASAP though...before he gets a suit.
although your point is a good one, i love that you havent taken your advice yet. If youve been avoiding telling your ex sms him if you find it awkward talking to him... it wont be that awkward then [unless he goes insane and seeks vengeance] :bomb:
lol^^ good luck with that rofl sucks to be you:)

Redgoddess

HSC
kinabarina88 said:
well im planning on going solo if i do uninvite him..i kno that he doesnt have a suit yet so yeh..i was gna get one of my other frends to take him coz like he wuld of rathered gone with her..so is that a valid excuse? n plus he stood me up the other night...n ddnt call to apologise...fahhh
Read the rest of the thread. I think it's already been established that it's okay if you're gonna go solo and you're setting him up with another chick.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Redgoddess said:
Read the rest of the thread. I think it's already been established that it's okay if you're gonna go solo and you're setting him up with another chick.
Which thread you been reading? I think we've established she's a Class-A bitch

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
kinabarina88 said:
he stood u up!!

Well, i was gonna say to just tell him...and then c if he wants to go as friends. But if he'd rather go with ur friend, I don't c wats so bad about that. Unless the tables r organised and u and this guy are at a different table to your friend. But all you would hav to do then, is just swap with someone.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Listen to Keypad.
w00t. I'm always right.

And ffs, why on earth would you go solo when you could just take him? It's not like he'll ruin your night. And if he will, WHY THE HELL DID YOU INVITE HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Look, you freaking morons, being a teenager isn't hard, you just make it hard for yourselves through ineptitude and stupidity.

Gosh, and if he'd PREFER TO GO WITH YOUR FRIEND WHO DOESN'T HAVE A DATE, WHY THE HELL DID YOU INVITE HIM AND NOT HER?

You people are so freaking stupid.

Last edited:

sk1001

HSC
It's rude, unethical, and immorally wrong. If you have a heart, do not break his.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
If a chick asked me to the formal (and no, they didn't, I went alone and dateless, I was single at the time) I'd be thrilled. If that same chick then changed her mind and made up some lame excuse it would piss me off, mainly because she's lying to me. However, if she came out and told me the truth, I think I could live with it. And even if I couldn't, what choice do I have?

sk1001

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
there's no such thing as 'immorally wrong'

it's either 'immoral' or 'morally wrong'
O RLY?
Never going to an english class again, I really couldn't care less spellcheck.

suzieee

HSC
i uninvited a guy to my deb ball. he was my ex and my mum made me do it..... he came anyway tho and sat on one fo my friends tables

sallylouise

HSC
yeah it is a bit rude to reject the guy from your formal because of all the trouble he would have went for you like the suit he would have bought.

It would also hurt him

.:BL4D3:.

HSC
I don't get why some people even slightly agree with this idea. UN-INVITE? Can't you even put up with him for one night? And besides, you deal alot less damage saying "I can't, I'm going with someone already" than "stfu and gtfo" (Slightly exaggerated, I admit, but still, in essence...). Either way, If he stood you up the first time, you shouldn't have asked him out the second time, simple as that.

He stands you up, doesn't appologise and you try to un-invite him to your formal.
Sounds like you're both lame to me

Flaming Ninja

Student. Playa. Ninja.
HSC
kinabarina88 said:
its formal time and well i dnt like the guy im going with any more..is it rude to uninvite him??:confused:
You're a bitch.

I haven't read the rest of this thread, but I'm pretty sure my post sums up the whole thing.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
another quality post by a sexy mofo :santa:

keep those quality posts coming dude!1!11
LOL DIANE
tonight everyone's so random, don't you think?
fight and disappear time!

tick tock tickle tocker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)