is it rude to uninvite a guy to your formal?? (2 Viewers)

kinabarina88

HSC
its formal time and well i dnt like the guy im going with any more..is it rude to uninvite him??:confused:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
not rude???

Put urself in the guy's shoes... Imagine someone says to you "I dun wanna go to the formal with you, here's ur refund"

That guy is gonna want vengeance... or cry, wateva

-P_D

HSC
N/A
Technically if you're the one paying for his ticket, then you technically have the right to 'replace him' . However this is still pretty dodgy ettiquette-wise... especially if he's already had to fork out for suit/corsage etc.

If situation was reversed and I was the one being turned away just because they'd "changed their mind" (this is why you're supposed to think about who you want as your date to the formal), I'd be significantly pissed. Maybe slightly less pissed if I heard it was because a bunch of friends had all decided to go solo (esp if it came with much apologies, maybe even a gift as well :p), but MAJORLY pissed if I managed to find out I'd been "replaced".

So I guess it boils down to whether or not you're replacing him or just going solo, and/or what the chances are of him finding out who took his place and why.

polymorph

HSC
yea, it would be pretty rude... if someone just decided to reject me from the formal, i'd get pissed off.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
kinabarina88 said:
its formal time and well i dnt like the guy im going with any more..is it rude to uninvite him??:confused:
A now ex bf?

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
It's extremely bad etiquette. But having said that, it's YOUR formal. It's up to you whether you want him to come or not, if you still think you want to replace him, replace him. But yes, it's still rude but hey you got to look out for yourself first in these kind of situations (once in a lifetime things), quite frankly.

Affinity

HSC
Since you don't like him (so presumably will not be interacting with him), there shouldn't be any practical problems, unless being seen as capricious becomes a problem for you. Ofcourse, he will feel betrayed...

Affinity

HSC
My other self says that yes it's very bad manners and it's compounded by the fact that you're giving him notice this late

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Clearly, some of the girls are trying to defend their moral ettiquete.
But it depends on the guy and what you really want to gain from uninviting him.

If you realised he's a total prick, that's fair enough. But dumping him after realising you've got a new bf or what ever or gotten sick of him. That's not cool.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
It's a bit mean but don't lie to him.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
its very rude. He should ofcourse know better that solo is more fun but that doesnt make it ok for you to just turn someone down like that.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes i think it is rude. when inviting someone it's done.
if the situation is a bit different like he's now your ex then it might be ok.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If its because of an 'ex' situation, its all good, I doubt you'd be the first person he would want to spend that night with anyway, but if its another reason, then you're just one bitchy slag aren't ya?

dodgyfilokid

HSC
i think its rude..really rude because when you invite someone the agreement sticks...there is a "no-exchange policy" with that stuff but there are things to consider: 1.) if he was a guy dat ur only just mates with then its still rude but it would be ok..2.)if he was a close mate then you made the wrong move by uninvitin him...expect backlash unless you explain your reasons..or 3.) if he's your ex then thats fine but still rude in someway...

EDIT: i took my now ex-gf to my formal since we're good mates..well i askd her before when we wer dating..i askd her again wen we wer goin out and we made a promise to make each otha's night memorable..im glad and shes also glad that we both went to my formal as a couple

nwatts

HSC
dodgyfilokid said:
EDIT: i took my now ex-gf to my formal since we're good mates..well i askd her before when we wer dating..i askd her again wen we wer goin out and we made a promise to make each otha's night memorable..im glad and shes also glad that we both went to my formal as a couple
that was a shit story

unless by memorable you meant penetration

Affinity

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
you guys are just too weak.

-U_P
Maybe there's a reason for the existence of the phrase "gentlemen's agreement" and not "ladies' agreement".

Think of karma too :p

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
kinabarina88 said:
Someone who invited me to their formal as their second choice made sure their first choice had another partner. Finding a date for the guy you don't like will get you out of any trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)