Is it still possible to get 99 atar if failed half yearlies? (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
Although it is possible, if you fail your half yearly test, what is the actual likeliness of it happening?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
92 is considered a high ATAR.
To those idiots who think that they're doomed if they don't get into medicine, anything less than 95 at the very minimum is probably crap.
I'd be satisfied with 92..

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
To those idiots who think that they're doomed if they don't get into medicine, anything less than 95 at the very minimum is probably crap.
I'd be satisfied with 92..
So would I. In fact when I finished high school I received less than that (high 80s) and still got into electrical engineering at uni.

delian

HSC
N/A
The ATAR is one indicator though of how much you opportunities you have available (e.g professions and courses you can do). Of course if it is lower than you will be less limited. But never use it as an indicator of success (Alot of people drop out and etc and still are heaps sucessful). I know my friend's father who didn't even go high school, although, he had lots of passion in what he did and now earns a fair bit.
Yep, there are high school drop outs who became millionaires.

tai-

HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, but there is no chance of you getting a 99 atar anymore.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, but there is no chance of you getting a 99 atar anymore.
why not? :S
I'm with tai- on this. It's very unlikely that OP will get 99+. If your school rank is ~150, you need to be in the Top 10 to have ANY chance of getting 99+. To be honest, you probably need to be Top 5.

OP said that he/she was mid-ranked.

eric sparkles

HSC
yeah jack487 i wish you all the best forget about the halfies, but make sure your enthusiasm for trying hard is maintained, watch rocky 2 every week or something, keep studying hard =]

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yep, there are high school drop outs who became millionaires.
Yes but there are a lot more people who went to high school and became millionaires.

Yes it is possible to be successful without doing ur hsc, but ur chances are narrowed

HSC
Yes i think you can get it if you really want 99 atar
I'm in the same situation as you i failed my modern history and general maths (dont laugh):lol:
But i'm not worried
we have like two weeks to catch up on work and go ahead use it
it takes dedication mostly and the weighting of your exams

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You can still do well although to think you will get 99 is just not going to happen.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm with tai- on this. It's very unlikely that OP will get 99+. If your school rank is ~150, you need to be in the Top 10 to have ANY chance of getting 99+. To be honest, you probably need to be Top 5.

OP said that he/she was mid-ranked.
In reality, at a ~150 school he would need to be first.
I went to a school ~130-140 and I cam 5th. Lol.
So deffs 1st.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
In reality, at a ~150 school he would need to be first.
I went to a school ~130-140 and I cam 5th. Lol.
So deffs 1st.
But schools not in the Top 100 can tend to fluctuate a bit from year to year depending on the strength of their cohorts. So yeah, I decided to be nice and estimate generously. :p

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
But schools not in the Top 100 can tend to fluctuate a bit from year to year depending on the strength of their cohorts. So yeah, I decided to be nice and estimate generously. :p
Yeah, but like, my school is ranked at 142 (or some shit) this year and our top was 96.9, last year it was 120(ish) and the top was 98.5, and the year before it was 210 and our top was 99.25. So, in reality, for schools 150+ he should definitely be first. (I would look up other schools, but cbf)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)