Is it too late to look for a job? (1 Viewer)

RofL

HSC
I want a job after the HSC and want to work before Christmas, is it too late to be looking for a job if I apply after the HSC, or even if I apply now?

sydchick

HSC
N/A
You could apply at City Beach. They need a heap of workers for the Christmas holidays.

Other than that, idk. You would just have to ask around and see what is going. I'd say you'd be able to start working as soon as they accept your application.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
A lot of places are still hiring for Christmas casuals at the moment.

Apply now and let them know when you'll be available. They normally want people to work from the end of October or beginning of November onwards.

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
A lot of places are still hiring for Christmas casuals at the moment.

Apply now and let them know when you'll be available. They normally want people to work from the end of October or beginning of November onwards.
like which places?

Pace_T

HSC
yes its too late. dont bother looking now

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's not to late. Look for places which will have an increase in customers over the summer, like surf shops, cafes, etc.

frontin

HSC
I'm from NSW, and David Jones and Myer have already completed their CC applicant/group interview stage a loooong time ago. Unless their doing a second round, I think they've already finished the recruitment stage.

Not sure about other states.

You could try JB Hi Fi or Event Cinemas. Just ask and hand in a resume. Cinemas will need people during the summer holiday buzz. A lot of retail clothing stores have already finishing their recruitment stage. Maybe just browse the websites and see if they have anything open.

Apply now!! Do not wait till after the HSC. I did last year, and could not find anything, ANYWHERE. (My best friend did get a CC position last year in Payless Shoes straight after the HSC, so maybe their worth a try.) But this year I applied early in August-September, and got lots of offers. So it definitely pays to apply early, because my resume really hasn't changed much since last year.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
It's not to late. Look for places which will have an increase in customers over the summer, like surf shops, cafes, etc.
+1. I work in surf retail and it is coming up to peak season for us, so City Beach and other surf shops will be on the lookout for people. I got my job in late November last year, so it's never too late! Major retailers usually have completed their recruitment process by now for Christmas, but keep an eye out for signs and ads from other retailers. Jewellery stores like Goldmark are recruiting (have seen their signs), and the promotions industry is very busy over Christmas (with giving out samples instore, stuff like that..)

hairspray

HSC
I reckon you can still apply for jobs in retail.

I'm personally waiting for my HSC results then go apply for jobs, if i get a good ATAR then I'm gonna apply to tutor little kids a those colleges... if you know which ones to go to and get a 90+ ATAR, you can easily get a job at a tutoring college.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)