Is it too late to start writing notes? (1 Viewer)

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
it's no too late.. you can cram in your whole course in like 2 days

jaycoo50

HSC
This made me laugh, are you for real! Cramming doesn't exist, unless you study consistently throughout the year, then just crammed the two days before the exam. Then yes, it works, but not studying consistenly, just cramming doesn't work. Think about, mate have you every crammed two days before, gotten above 90%, it is impossible, how can you remember all the information. You can't, people who says I crammed the night before, and got 90%, this wouldn't be true! The fact is that they study hard, know there concepts, content but doesn't want people thinking he study alot, lets do the same. if you don't believe go to anyone who is smart, right up the face and tell them do you study, see what they tell ( They will tell "I don't study" will you be dam to believe them, if you do then don't study and sit the exam, and see if you get the same mark as them who study hard getting 90%).

your trolling, mate!

Cramming in two days is impossible, unless you prove you point!

Last edited:

jaycoo50

HSC
I heard its possible to do this in 2 weeks for all subjects. I'll be testing this theory out starting from next week...
It is true mate! but not for all you subjects in two, why simple cause there would be too much content and secondly you won't get much time to learn the content properly.

I suggest you study a subject for five days, learning all the material well enough, then repeat another five days for you second subject, so on. This is more effective, why! simple because you will have more time to focus on that subject properly.

Last edited:

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
I suggest finding someone elses, writing will take too much time and there isn't much of that left..

Hit the past papers and the unsure concepts.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
This made me laugh, are you for real! Cramming doesn't exist, unless you study consistently throughout the year, then just crammed the two days before the exam. Then yes, it works, but not studying consistenly, just cramming doesn't work. Think about, mate have you every crammed two days before, gotten above 90%, it is impossible, how can you remember all the information. You can't, people who says I crammed the night before, and got 90%, this wouldn't be true! The fact is that they study hard, know there concepts, content but doesn't want people thinking he study alot, lets do the same. if you don't believe go to anyone who is smart, right up the face and tell them do you study, see what they tell ( They will tell "I don't study" will you be dam to believe them, if you do then don't study and sit the exam, and see if you get the same mark as them who study hard getting 90%).

your trolling, mate!

You're...

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
My experience is restricted to cramming with the humanities, I can't speak for maths/science.

This is true if you work hard.

bsbsbsbsbsbsbsbs
Cramming an entire subject in two days IS possible. You don't have to have studied hard consistently throughout the year, rather you need to have a foundation of understanding of concepts and what the syllabus/rubric asks of you - THIS is usually developed through in class discussion and activities, NOT necessarily consistent study (notes, revision, summaries) throughout the year. HSC course content is not 'difficult,' there is just a whole lot of it with some stress slapped onto the side. I have 'proved my point' with many of my exams. I work hard in class and spend 6-8 hours the night before an exam reinforcing content/collating detail on syllabus dotpoints. (This might not align with your understanding of cramming)

OP, it is not too late to make notes. Godspeed.

Last edited:

pigas

HSC
For all my subjects I summarised everything that year the day before each exam (albeit half yearly), got 99percent in one and all others at least 80percent. You can easily summarise notes a few days each subject but maybe it isnt the best method for everyone. Do what you think will help you more.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
If your idea of writing notes is going to be exerting a perfectionist-like touch to every letter that is written, or ensuring you have over-answered the dot point so there's nothing else they can ask you on, you'll finish one module by Christmas.

Cut the discourse, go straight to the point, learn the key concept and do past papers.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
An alternative is to download a set of notes or modify someone else's notes.

Makematics

HSC
Cramming an entire subject in two days IS possible. You don't have to have studied hard consistently throughout the year, rather you need to have a foundation of understanding of concepts and what the syllabus/rubric asks of you - THIS is usually developed through in class discussion and activities, NOT necessarily consistent study (notes, revision, summaries) throughout the year. HSC course content is not 'difficult,' there is just a whole lot of it with some stress slapped onto the side. I have 'proved my point' with many of my exams. I work hard in class and spend 6-8 hours the night before an exam reinforcing content/collating detail on syllabus dotpoints. (This might not align with your understanding of cramming)
Not everyone finds the course concepts easy actually, this a common misconception amongst more intelligent students. Some people ACTUALLY have difficulty understanding things like mole calculations in chem at this late stage of the HSC, despite having worked on them consistently. And it is most definitely not possible for some people to do courses like english/maths extension 2, as has been discussed somewhere else in the past.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
My experience is restricted to cramming with the humanities, I can't speak for maths/science.

This is true if you work hard.

OP, it is not too late to make notes. Godspeed.
I think two days of intense cramming sets an appropriate trajectory for a good mark, but is that assuming the student already has a rudimentary understanding of the content? I think learning a whole module from scratch two days before an exam is unrealistic for sciences, but possible for easier subjects like legal or sor.

Jinks

HSC
If your idea of writing notes is going to be exerting a perfectionist-like touch to every letter that is written, or ensuring you have over-answered the dot point so there's nothing else they can ask you on, you'll finish one module by Christmas.

Cut the discourse, go straight to the point, learn the key concept and do past papers.

Best advice.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

your trolling, mate!

nup

cramming works

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Not everyone finds the course concepts easy actually, this a common misconception amongst more intelligent students. Some people ACTUALLY have difficulty understanding things like mole calculations in chem at this late stage of the HSC, despite having worked on them consistently. And it is most definitely not possible for some people to do courses like english/maths extension 2, as has been discussed somewhere else in the past.
I think two days of intense cramming sets an appropriate trajectory for a good mark, but is that assuming the student already has a rudimentary understanding of the content? I think learning a whole module from scratch two days before an exam is unrealistic for sciences, but possible for easier subjects like legal or sor.
See:

kewon

HSC
buy/get free notes (your cohort should be distributing freely now that trials are done) and use those

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)